Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times

Advertisements

California Eyes New Arizona-Style Immigration Law - FoxNews.com

I would think any law like this would pass with muster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,874,201 times
This will never have a chance in hell of passing unless it is put into an initiative like the same-sex marriage ban that passed in ultra liberal California. Still, I don't think it'll pass anyway. Most Californians suffer from liberalism and unfortunately there's no prescription to cure it

Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,599,696 times
Hopefully they get on board and other states follow...

It baffles my mind that people say "We dont want to lose the hispanic vote"...What!!!!!
Listen if Americans of hispanic origin want to defend "illegal hispanics,then they arent Americans at all"...
Your either an American or your NOT....Pick your side!

Cali. is a perfect example of what "illegal immigration" can do to a state...and its all bad.
Iam tired of hearing this B.S. that illegals are more of a benifit then not....Horses**t......B.S. pick it all the same!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This will never have a chance in hell of passing unless it is put into an initiative like the same-sex marriage ban that passed in ultra liberal California. Still, I don't think it'll pass anyway. Most Californians suffer from liberalism and unfortunately there's no prescription to cure it
I dunno, every poll out after the AZ law showed a pretty solid following for a law like it.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:36 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,176,075 times
I don't know why Obama says he's willing to work with Republicans to secure the border, and enforce the law. What's to 'work with'? It's the law, enforce it. It's the border, secure it.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,176,075 times
Quote:
The big misconception concerning California is that most people are liberal, and support illegal immigration. If you'll notice, the liberals are generally located in the coastal cities, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and their surrounding areas. Inland is very different. Remember, Prop. 187 was passed by California voters. That was the first big anti-illegal alien law passed. Unfortunately it was ruled unconstitutional by the court.

We have many Hispanic people in the state, but not all of them are pro-illegal. Hispanic citizens, and legal residents, realize it's their tax money going to support illegal aliens, and their jobs that are being taken by illegal aliens also. IMO, it's mostly illegal aliens, and the children of illegal aliens, who are so outspoken, and demanding. They make the most noise, so they're the ones who get heard.

When California tried to do something about illegal immigration, we got no support from other states. Their attitude was "Not my problem." The numbers were manageable then, but now that they've risen to somewhere between 12 and 20 million (no one knows for sure how many) other states are finding out that it is their problem. I honestly think if we'd had more support from others, like people pushing their congressmen/women to demand the president enforce the immigration laws, and secure the border, like we were promised in 1986, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Hopefully they get on board and other states follow...

It baffles my mind that people say "We dont want to lose the hispanic vote"...What!!!!!
Listen if Americans of hispanic origin want to defend "illegal hispanics,then they arent Americans at all"...
Your either an American or your NOT....Pick your side!

Cali. is a perfect example of what "illegal immigration" can do to a state...and its all bad.
Iam tired of hearing this B.S. that illegals are more of a benifit then not....Horses**t......B.S. pick it all the same!
Excellent post! Hispanics need to choose between being Americans and respecting our immigration laws or choosing to put their illegal ethnic kind above our laws. You're right! They need to pick a side! Many of them have already chosen the latter, unfortunately. Note this excerpt from the article.

"He points out more than 20 percent of the electorate in California is made up by Latinos, and this effort will only push them farther away from the party. "Latinos should be with the Republicans based on the Republican stance on lower taxes, boosting small business, respect for family values, " says Klink, "and this initiative does exactly the opposite, it turns them off."

It turns them off? Why does the enforcement of our immigration laws, turn them off?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
The big misconception concerning California is that most people are liberal, and support illegal immigration. If you'll notice, the liberals are generally located in the coastal cities, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and their surrounding areas. Inland is very different. Remember, Prop. 187 was passed by California voters. That was the first big anti-illegal alien law passed. Unfortunately it was ruled unconstitutional by the court.

We have many Hispanic people in the state, but not all of them are pro-illegal. Hispanic citizens, and legal residents, realize it's their tax money going to support illegal aliens, and their jobs that are being taken by illegal aliens also. IMO, it's mostly illegal aliens, and the children of illegal aliens, who are so outspoken, and demanding. They make the most noise, so they're the ones who get heard.

When California tried to do something about illegal immigration, we got no support from other states. Their attitude was "Not my problem." The numbers were manageable then, but now that they've risen to somewhere between 12 and 20 million (no one knows for sure how many) other states are finding out that it is their problem. I honestly think if we'd had more support from others, like people pushing their congressmen/women to demand the president enforce the immigration laws, and secure the border, like we were promised in 1986, we wouldn't be in this mess today.
Oh I'm extremely well aware of the big divide California has between the conservative Central Valley and the ultra liberal coast. It's the same for Oregon and Washington. They also have liberal cities near the coast, and a conservative interior.

I agree with you. Most of the Hispanics that are for illegal immigration and amnesty are either illegals themselves, or they are related to people who are here illegally. If that initiative was ruled unconstitutional before, what chance does CA have to pass another initiative like that?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Excellent post! Hispanics need to choose between being Americans and respecting our immigration laws or choosing to put their illegal ethnic kind above our laws. You're right! They need to pick a side! Many of them have already chosen the latter, unfortunately. Note this excerpt from the article.

"He points out more than 20 percent of the electorate in California is made up by Latinos, and this effort will only push them farther away from the party. "Latinos should be with the Republicans based on the Republican stance on lower taxes, boosting small business, respect for family values, " says Klink, "and this initiative does exactly the opposite, it turns them off."

It turns them off? Why does the enforcement of our immigration laws, turn them off?
Course that author is assuming that all latinos will be pushed away from the GOP. I really doubt that'll be the case. The only ones that'll be pushed towards the Democrats are the ones that are related to illegals

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times
Quote:
Course that author is assuming that all latinos will be pushed away from the GOP. I really doubt that'll be the case. The only ones that'll be pushed towards the Democrats are the ones that are related to illegals
Of course Latinos like most other minority groups are usually Democrats anyway because they like the social policies of that party. I doubt that it would make much difference if the Republicans became pro-amnesty. Latinos would still favor the Democrat party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration