U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
 
187 posts, read 151,825 times
Reputation: 105

Advertisements

The last quote to be bolded is about what President Obama sees in the future for the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrant students. I wonder if he ever thought about the fact that most of those students will not become researches, doctors, lawyers. In fact, even if they did become those things, aren't there legal students here that could and would do the same? What makes an illegal immigrant student so much more of a prized worker than the legal U.S. resident? Won't some of these people that the President grants amnesty just for completing two years of military service or higher education end up in poverty? Isn't it just a cold fact that all of those people will not give more to the treasury than they are taking out? So, then, why are these politicians so stuck on this point of how they somehow all will grow up and be great scientists that will contribute to our country? Once again, don't we have our own hundreds of thousand that are working to do that?


I think this is the essence of the message on immigration, Obama just want to soften the blow, so that more people get behind the plan, he is obviously talking bout "amnesty", which scares the hell out of many americans, McCain used a similar argument in the past, which leads to beleive that there is some republican support out there, we'll see what happens......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
The last quote to be bolded is about what President Obama sees in the future for the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrant students. I wonder if he ever thought about the fact that most of those students will not become researches, doctors, lawyers. In fact, even if they did become those things, aren't there legal students here that could and would do the same? What makes an illegal immigrant student so much more of a prized worker than the legal U.S. resident? Won't some of these people that the President grants amnesty just for completing two years of military service or higher education end up in poverty? Isn't it just a cold fact that all of those people will not give more to the treasury than they are taking out? So, then, why are these politicians so stuck on this point of how they somehow all will grow up and be great scientists that will contribute to our country? Once again, don't we have our own hundreds of thousand that are working to do that?


I think this is the essence of the message on immigration, Obama just want to soften the blow, so that more people get behind the plan, he is obviously talking bout "amnesty", which scares the hell out of many americans, McCain used a similar argument in the past, which leads to beleive that there is some republican support out there, we'll see what happens......
What the amnesty people dont get is that amnesty is for the mostly Hispanic illegal aliens. Many of us Mexican AMERICANS dont want 'em here cause they hurt us more than the anglos. There is racsism against us and it aint all the fault of the white man since we have our own vato problems. Why add more gas to the fire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
 
Location: NYC but Georgia on my mind...
134 posts, read 94,631 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
That's OK !!!

Obama seems to forget that these "special people" have Rapists,Pedophiles,Gang Bangers,Taggers,Murderers and other Criminals as family members that if given Citizenship they will support and bring even more over ILEGALLY.

Obama is just another HispanderingLying TRAITOR !!!!
Same can be said for every race, not just Latinos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,242,553 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeltCrystal View Post
Same can be said for every race, not just Latinos
Of course, but the vast majority of illegals come from Mexico and South America right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeltCrystal View Post
Same can be said for every race, not just Latinos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Of course, but the vast majority of illegals come from Mexico and South America right?
Yeppers.

And I wish they would go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,777,118 times
Reputation: 6259
You have to remember half of the members of the chamber applauded when a Mexican president trashed America in front of them.

I'm not surprised by their continued display of treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 PM
 
841 posts, read 790,117 times
Reputation: 186
I guess everyone saw in speech that Obama said the words "enforce our (immigration) laws", and he is right, this is exactly what needs to be done. But then in the very same sentence and with the rest of his words he completely contradicts his "enforce immigration laws" statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 PM
 
3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeltCrystal View Post
Same can be said for every race, not just Latinos
Yes at what level ???
The vast majority of Illegal Aliens are Mexican, if the US bordered China the majority of Illegal would be Chinese.

Obama is Race pandering and it's obvious. If Illegal Latinos make up 70- 80% of the Illegals then that means they are 70-80% of the problem.

The vast majority of Illegal Alien protesters, Pro Illegal Media are Latino. Obama hasn't gone to Ukrainian,Korean,Persian,Swedish of African TV and talked about this issue but guess what???

He has gone on Spanish Language TV and Radio and spoke there. If that isn't Race (His)pandering then what is???

Mexico has a government funded entity " Grupo Beta" that helps Mexicans in their effort to Illegally enter the USA, do you know of any other Countries that have a similar entity???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,242,553 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Mexico has a government funded entity " Grupo Beta" that helps Mexicans in their effort to Illegally enter the USA, do you know of any other Countries that have a similar entity???
Mexico also has a strict immigration policy and tough penalties for illegals. How ironic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
 
3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Mexico also has a strict immigration policy and tough penalties for illegals. How ironic.
That's the Hypocrisy of the Mexican Government, what is odd was that the pro -Illegals here didn't complain or protest when all those Central and South American Illegals were slaughtered in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top