U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:30 AM

5,396 posts, read 6,937,642 times

Advertisements

Pro -illegal? Where did that come from?? This is a discussion of multiculturalism, you must be lost...the immigration forum (better referred to as the "let's bash and make jokes about Mexico") forum is due north, hillbilly.

Voyager, I do appreciate your desire for freedom of thought. However...you stated we should not handle multiculturalism now because of our internal issues; so I was stating to you the war is draining our resources more than any "multiculturals" are. True statement. And uh no, the state and local authorities are not "equally" to blame for getting the Katrina region put back together. Partly to blame for the inital fiasco? Sure. But now the federal government needs to take the lead in the repair, as our Pres. promised by the way. The scale of the disaster necessitates federal leadership. And much as you would like to think all parties are the same, there are some differences in the way they handle poverty, and their stated philosophies.

James T, instead of directing us to silly websites you frequent, how about telling us in your own words?

What values are we losing?

What regions are affected?

And can you answer your own question? Whay do you think we put up with multiculturalism?

Last edited by bily4; 07-22-2007 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 09:50 AM

19,183 posts, read 27,832,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
BS!!! The same type of reply from any person who is pro-illegal.
The whole kit and kaboodle is one giant incestuous nest created by John Tanton. CIS was a direct spinoff from FAIR. NumbersUSA and ProEnglish share the same office space. Roy Beck has been the director of one after another of these groups. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:27 PM

634 posts, read 2,562,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
None of those is any less laughable than the original. These are nativist and white supremacy sites that have an agenda to sell, and they'll cook whatever books they have to in order to make the answers come out the way they want them to. Such evidence as they offer does not often meet the minimum standards necessary to qualify as 'support' for anything...
Can you dispute any of the information provided on any of those sites, or can you merely engage in ad hominem attacks, a tactic which isn't even permitted in high school debate clubs...

Old 07-22-2007, 07:38 PM

634 posts, read 2,562,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
James T, instead of directing us to silly websites you frequent, how about telling us in your own words?

What values are we losing?

What regions are affected?

And can you answer your own question? Whay do you think we put up with multiculturalism?
We are losing what makes the U.S. a part of Western Civilization, as it's becoming moreso a socio-economic Thirld World nation. As a concrete example, look to Lewiston, Maine, regarding the influx of Somalis and their culture. Or if you prefer, here's a little video as to the costs of a multicultural society:

YouTube - Multicultural Competence

Many regions are affected, the most pronounced in the sunbelt.

We put up with multiculturalism because 98% of the population will behave as do others, and the 2% currently in power are setting the wrong example in order to enrichen their own coffers.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 PM
jco

2,120 posts, read 5,875,862 times
Please calm down. As bily4 stated, immigration discussion belong in the immigration forum.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:53 PM

I still don't understand this argument. Relating to the Lewiston Maine issue, from everything I am reading most of the town is actually happy to have them, except for a small group of white supremacists. The mayor said there were a lot of people coming in quickly and that strained the town infrastructure, but this had nothing at all to do with the fact they are Somali. Before the French Canadians had a similar influx into the town, with no issues.

And I watched about half of your youtube link before I fell asleep. Nothing at all there. If you are saying we are becoming a 3rd world country that is silly. Sorry...

Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 PM

354 posts, read 227,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
Can you dispute any of the information provided on any of those sites, or can you merely engage in ad hominem attacks, a tactic which isn't even permitted in high school debate clubs...
That is exactly why people like him call everyone they disagree with a racist or just laugh at any and all cites that do not agree with his personal views. Laugh at him and those like him and forget them because they are not worth the time and you will not change their warped views at all.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:13 AM

645 posts, read 1,073,033 times
I believe that most people that believe in diversity are either naïve or hypocrites. The open-minded people are quick to call you a redneck, hillbilly, or a racist if you raise one question about diversity and or it’s fairness. Oftentimes these same “liberals” embrace diversity, but don’t live by their own standard. They demand diversity, but also live in a well to do suburb. As soon as a non-white moves into their neighborhood, they're guilty of white flight. They’re practicing “voluntary segregation.” Then there’s the naïve sort that would love to embrace other races and cultures, but unfortunately, they’ve never had the opportunity. I'd love to see the harsh fact of reality when they face racism from non-whites. I’m not sure where some of you think you live or from under what rock you’re typing from, but everybody, regardless of sex and race, is racist or sexist to some degree, including myself. To tell me that you’re not is either an outright lie or you’re not being truly honest with yourself and us.

I can speak, read, and write the Spanish language. I know quite a lot about colloquial dialects, cultures, and the like from most Latin American countries. I learned all this directly from the Hispanics themselves and not from a classroom. With few exceptions, that’s well above what other white people and blacks have learned. Had it not been for the very unwelcome response I got from the black community I was living in, I wouldn’t know a thing about the Hispanics that I was forced to befriend if it weren't for the blackman's racism...

I really am getting sick of finger pointing towards the white race and or select white people aka rednecks and hillbillies. Everybody does it and furthermore it’s never going to end. It’s no wonder I do not visit this forum very often.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
I believe that most people that believe in diversity are either naïve or hypocrites. The open-minded people are quick to call you a redneck, hillbilly, or a racist if you raise one question about diversity and or it’s fairness. Oftentimes these same “liberals” embrace diversity, but don’t live by their own standard. They demand diversity, but also live in a well to do suburb. As soon as a non-white moves into their neighborhood, they're guilty of white flight. They’re practicing “voluntary segregation.” Then there’s the naïve sort that would love to embrace other races and cultures, but unfortunately, they’ve never had the opportunity. I'd love to see the harsh fact of reality when they face racism from non-whites. I’m not sure where some of you think you live or from under what rock you’re typing from, but everybody, regardless of sex and race, is racist or sexist to some degree, including myself. To tell me that you’re not is either an outright lie or you’re not being truly honest with yourself and us.

I can speak, read, and write the Spanish language. I know quite a lot about colloquial dialects, cultures, and the like from most Latin American countries. I learned all this directly from the Hispanics themselves and not from a classroom. With few exceptions, that’s well above what other white people and blacks have learned. Had it not been for the very unwelcome response I got from the black community I was living in, I wouldn’t know a thing about the Hispanics that I was forced to befriend if it weren't for the blackman's racism...

I really am getting sick of finger pointing towards the white race and or select white people aka rednecks and hillbillies. Everybody does it and furthermore it’s never going to end. It’s no wonder I do not visit this forum very often.

Lucky the Hispanics were kind enough to take you in, huh? News for you bud, I speak read and write Spanish too. I learned from living in Mexico for 6 years. So I have a pretty good understanding of what they are like and what they think of Americans. La Raza is a small radical band of kooks - similar to our own KKK, white pride jokers, etc. A few of them in this forum. Most Hispanics coming to the U.S. desire assimilation and integration. They understand that is how they will get ahead and make money for themselves and their families. They are not the evil boogeymen that people in this forum enjoy bashing day in and day out. Our country is changing color. That is not going to stop. Life happens. Instead of crying about it every day you might as well make it work for you in your personal lof, so you and your family can advance.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:31 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,046,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I thought the question was very clear. I do not understand why so many posters did not follow it.

I think the countries that are being forced to be multi cultural had been mostly white and European up to the 1960s but with a growing economy and a falling birthrate needed more workers. There was not a ton of Europeans looking to emigrate and do the nasty dirty jobs so the US and other countries opened up to more immigration from third world countries. This has increased in recent years so now 1/3 of people are foreign born. Compared with 5% in 1960. The push for multiculturalism has made all the countries mentioned have a weaker base culture, many racial issues but a stronger economy.
Yes I do understand what you said and you are right. Because of this the US is slowly being lost. As you say, (if not erased entirely.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or