Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:28 PM

652 posts, read 2,804,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Right... the modern immigrants are from other cultures and of other colors. Could you be more specific in relation to how now regions of the U.S. are now clashing with traditional, "first world" values. Which regions? Which values?
Are you freakin' kidding me? Visit AmericanPatrol.com on any given day and read, read, read...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 05:37 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
Are you freakin' kidding me? Visit AmericanPatrol.com on any given day and read, read, read...
American Patrol.com??

ROFL....

ok, never mind, now I see where you are coming from.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:29 PM

30,347 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
American Patrol.com??

ROFL....

LOL... as I've often said, there's a website out there to support ANY view, and somebody in cyberspace to believe it. I recently came across a site that had "evidence" to support the Jewish takeover of our country, and how we all hate anything Aryan/Christian. Mmmkay... if we're trying to take over the country, someone forgot to invite me to the meetings!

Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 PM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Just because a web site says something you disagree with does not make it automatically not true.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Quote:
Why is it that only the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the nations of Europe are required to be "multicultural"? Why those nations specifically? Why not, for example, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, or Guatemala? None of those nations, nor most of the world's nations have a multicultural imperative, where that the host culture is smothered with cultures from all over the world and sucess at the endeavor is gauged by how heavily the host culture is impacted, if not erased entirely.
Could it be because of our political system is dependent upon receiving votes from citizens to further perpetuate the idea that we are multicultural. Every pre-election period appears to have those that do their utmost to sway voters towards their way of thinking in order to remain in power. Do the 'non' multicultural nations that you mention hold what we refer to as 'elections'? You know, democracy driven elections?

Is it the greed and seeking of power that has changed our country so much from what we perceive it to have been in times past? We have leaders, I believe, that attempt to cultivate an appearance of sympathy with those that come here from other nations in order to gain these peoples trust and dependence upon them.

We have others coming here for the promise of the 'good life' from countries that are not perceived as wealthy as we are. As a previous post stated, I believe he referred to Kentucky as an example, we have many deplorable situations among those of us born here.

I thought charity starts at home. Meaning we do need to think about fixing the problems that exist in our cities, towns, schools, etc. before we continue to spread our tax dollars around the world.

We do not need to be multicultural at this point in time. We need to repair what is broken here, soon.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:57 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
If you want to repair what is broken, you had better continue to deal with the multicultural immigrants that we need to keep our economy going. Much better to oppose the war in Iraq that is nothing but a drain on lives and resources.

The problem you are going to run into so long as a Republican is in charge - is that they don't have a whole heck of a lot of interest in addressing the issues you raise. If the poor people just get enterprising and achieve... they will figure out a way out of poverty all on their own. The region hit by Katrina still looks liks a war zone. Bush threatened to veto a cigarette tax to give poor kids medical insurance, for crying out loud.

By the way, americanpatrol.com is a website that caters exclusively to old white men. So I imaging fear mongering about the evil races mixing with the Caucasian race is a big seller for them.

Last edited by bily4; 07-21-2007 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-21-2007, 09:50 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Quote:
If you want to repair what is broken, you had better continue to deal with the multicultural immigrants that we need to keep our economy going. Much better to oppose the war in Iraq that is nothing but a drain on lives and resources.

The problem you are going to run into so long as a Republican is in charge - is that they don't have a whole heck of a lot of interest in addressing the issues you raise. If the poor people just get enterprising and achieve... they will figure out a way out of poverty all on their own. The region hit by Katrina still looks liks a war zone. Bush threatened to veto a cigarette tax to give poor kids medical insurance, for crying out loud.

By the way, americanpatrol.com is a website that caters exclusively to old white men. So I imaging fear mongering about the evil races mixing with the Caucasian race is a big seller for them.
You know, this is the very kind of thinking that I was referring to. Why in the world does every single issue being addressed have to be broken down to being the fault of one single party or elected official? I cannot remember a time when all of us agreed on any on issue. Never happen and shouldn't.

My first vote went to a Democrat because that was the political party that my parents voted for in every election. At least they voted>

I stood in the rain and campaigned for JFK. I even worked at our county court house until the Republicans came into office.

As the years went by I realized that I needed to do my own thinking and proceeded to investigate the candidates position on subjects dear to my way of thinking.

Problem is, in my state, you have to declare your party of choice during the primary, which makes it difficult to vote for candidates of both parties at this time. So, comes the general election and you now have to choose amongst some that you really do not have that much faith in.

What, finally, I know, is the point of this, is no matter which party is in office at the time, both parties should share equally in any blame for conditions that are ongoing. You mention Katrina. Uhhh, just what party is the Governor of Louisiana and what political affiliation does the Mayor hold dear? Are they not equally 'to blame' for at least a portion of the current conditions?

Again, why in the world must everything be right or wrong, Democrat or Republican, CNN or Fox news. The list could go on and on. Darn, I do so detest labeling everything.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 AM

652 posts, read 2,804,161 times
Quote:
American Patrol.com??

ROFL....

You asked me to support my assertion that some cultures are clashing with U.S. values and weakening the U.S. I provided a link to a website updated daily with links to news stories from around the country. If you don't like that one, how about any number of others such as Numbers USA, FAIR Immigration, VDARE, CCIR, SOS or almost limitless others...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
If you don't like that one, how about any number of others such as Numbers USA, FAIR Immigration, VDARE, CCIR, SOS or almost limitless others...
None of those is any less laughable than the original. These are nativist and white supremacy sites that have an agenda to sell, and they'll cook whatever books they have to in order to make the answers come out the way they want them to. Such evidence as they offer does not often meet the minimum standards necessary to qualify as 'support' for anything...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:08 AM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
None of those is any less laughable than the original. These are nativist and white supremacy sites that have an agenda to sell, and they'll cook whatever books they have to in order to make the answers come out the way they want them to. Such evidence as they offer does not often meet the minimum standards necessary to qualify as 'support' for anything...
BS!!! The same type of reply from any person who is pro-illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration