Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
There is no "he should" or "she should". There is no custody battle and no immigration detention or deportation in process. As far as we are concerned our government does not even know this person is in the country. This country is her place of residence, irrespective of her legal status,
Quote:
and as far as I'm concerned this is where she will give birth. Therefore, that child will be a U.S. citizen.
It is not our place to act as Child Protective Services to determine the welfare of a child.
WOW! Pullin' rank on us, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 02:10 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And when she is known, she should be deported and if she wishes to abandon her child as so many seem to want to do, then let the baby be raised by someone here legally.
I'm sure you are aware we have laws that govern our hospitals. Its against the law for a hospital to call ICE. As I said, it is not our place to determine the welfare of a child. That will only happen if this person has an encounter with the police and is arrested by ICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We cannot continue to make ourselves the flophouse of the world where everyone who can't make it in their own country comes here and uses birth as a way around the immigration laws and into the welfare offices.

There are over 2 billion impoverished people throughout the world and we simply cannot afford to hand them all USA citizenship with all the government benefits.
I completely agree with this last statement.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
I'm sure you are aware we have laws that govern our hospitals. Its against the law for a hospital to call ICE. As I said, it is not our place to determine the welfare of a child. That will only happen if this person has an encounter with the police and is arrested by ICE.

I completely agree with this last statement.
Which is crazy. If a hospital sees a kid with posible sex abuse; they HAVE to call the cops. But cant call the cops or ICE over a posible illegal alien.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
She says in the article that her husband is an American citizen, I assume he is the Father of this child. Under the law the child has the right to American citizenship because the Father is an American.

I don't believe that people should be rewarded for breaking the law by handing out American citizenship as a housewarming gift.

I agree 100%..

Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Which is crazy. If a hospital sees a kid with posible sex abuse; they HAVE to call the cops. But cant call the cops or ICE over a posible illegal alien.
It makes perfect sense to me. If a child has been sexually abused, the medical staff is mandated to report because the child could be in immediate danger. The child's safety is a number one concern. On the other hand, why would medical staff report an illegal immigrant who most likely is not a threat to society? A hospital's function is not to act as an immigration agent. Furthermore, it is to our advantage that residents, irrespective of legal status, receive emergency medical care when needed. I will give you an example; an illegal immigrant child returns from school feeling sick with flu like symptoms. (Most contagious diseases are contracted through schools or hospitals). It turns out the child has meningitis and cannot receive emergency medical care. What then? What do you think will happen to the rest of the kids in school, at home, the neighborhood, etc. This could happen to anyone. Illness does not discriminate legal status. Besides, its our federal law. There are other ways to solve illegal immigration. It does not need to be through hospitals or when one is receiving basic human necessities. This can open up a case for a human rights lawsuit.

Last edited by zacatecana; 02-05-2011 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: clarify

Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
WOW! Pullin' rank on us, huh?
No its called being real and looking at the facts.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:04 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
This is such a load of BS as further in the story it says her husband is a USC which means her children would be USC even if the laws were changed, so I have to ask, what exactly is the point of this article?

Illegal Mother: My Unborn Child Deserves Citizenship (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/immigration/illegal-mother-citizenship-1-27-2011?obref=obinsite - broken link)

Propaganda to influence thinking and perception by manipulating the heartstrings.
What else?

Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
No its called being real and looking at the facts.
Let's see the source of your "facts".

Or is this just another "Day Dream Believers" opinion?

Old 02-05-2011, 11:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
I haven't read any of the past comments...but my question is this:

As far as I know you can get a green card through marriage but not if you were an illegal alien who married a US citizen.

You have to leave the country for at least 6 months and start the process of entering it legally and getting a green card.

Why hasn't she done that?

Once again, illegal immigrants want everyone to feel sorry for them...and the government and its citizens to cater to their needs.

Bunch of BS.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
zacatecana, you have a good point though it would that it was otherwise in practice.
Employers are not agents of the government but they send part of our paycheck to the goverment.

Retailers are not agents either but they act as such in taking our money called Sales Tax and send it on also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration