U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support this law?
Yes 42 91.30%
No 4 8.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:45 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,305,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Read more: Arizona lawmakers propose another tough illegal immigration law | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/briefs/articles/90032540?Arizona%20lawmakers%20propose%20another%2 0tough%20illegal%20immigration%20law#ixzz1CSfsiLLM - broken link)
While I agree with the idea I doubt that a State has this sort of power, citizenship is granted by the Federal government not the state.
Casper

4,811 posts, read 8,550,725 times
This law is idiotic. It is not the children's fault their parents came here illegally. It saddens me that these new born babys will be taken from their parents and put in some orphanage in who knows where in Mexico. If these law makers knew anything, they would know, that everyone is illegal. We all came from somewhere else! The Native Americans were the first people on this land until the Europeans took it away and then eventually California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, parts of Colorado, Texas, and Oklahoma were all apart of Mexico at one point.

47,316 posts, read 24,619,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
Easy then, run for office.
Now why would i want to do that?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:46 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Maybe it's a precursor to set the ground for another SCOTUS hearing to overturn Plyler v Doe, the 1982 decision that made it mandatory to educate illegal kids in public schools.

I wonder: if a Medicaid waiver is granted for ariz, then could ariz set the rules on who could get all of the freebies? Why can't they make it to where only verified LEGAL adults could apply on behalf of a child? That would cut out all of the freebies that are given to the anchor kids who merely have to be born here regardless of parents' status.
Yes, and stop anchor kids being able to sponsor their illegal parents, grandparents and other relatives.

Deport the parents, let them either take their kids home with them or if they choose, they can abandon them here and then they can be put up for adoption.

End the free ride these anchors provide and many illegals won't bother with coming here to give birth.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:49 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
This law is idiotic. It is not the children's fault their parents came here illegally. It saddens me that these new born babys will be taken from their parents and put in some orphanage in who knows where in Mexico. If these law makers knew anything, they would know, that everyone is illegal. We all came from somewhere else! The Native Americans were the first people on this land until the Europeans took it away and then eventually California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, parts of Colorado, Texas, and Oklahoma were all apart of Mexico at one point.
The only reason these babies would end up in orphanages is because of the greed and selfishness of their parents who would quickly abandon their own children if they can't use them for easy citizenship and food stamps.

The parents should be barred from legal reentry permanently but you can't force them to love their children. If they had them just to access the welfare programs here, of course they'll quickly abandon them -- just like many of these people have abandoned their children back in Mexico that were born there.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:58 PM

No. I can not believe people think that illegals go on welfare. A lot of them come here to find a job to raise their families. Now before you say "so are Americans and the illegals are taking our jobs", illegals are not taking American jobs. How many white people do you see picking crops or washing other people's clothes? The minimum wage in Mexico is like 15 cents an hour. It is nowhere near the amount in America. This money they get in Mexico is putting them on the verge of starving. Most of the time one of the parents will come across find a job and go back and fourth to bring their family food and money. Most of the time it is for survival. These immigrants work very hard for a lot less then Americans make for minimum wage. The minimum wage for immigrants is less because they are cheap labor. Some people do cheat the welfare system but how can immigrants cheat the system? They have to have proper papers with them. They have to have a green card, birth certificate etc. This process would do nothing but draw attention to them. America has gotten so racist and so intolerent it makes me sick. I bet anything that everybody that supports this law are white and probably a tea partier. I am half white and half hispanic and I find this law disgusting.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:09 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
The real easy fix to this would be for Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) the person in presidential training and his merry little band of incompetent secretaries and czars
to do TWO SIMPLE THINGS

1. Secure The Southern Border ! ! !

2. ENFORCE the LAWS THEY TOOK AN OATH TO UPHOLD ! ! !

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Quote:
I bet anything that everybody that supports this law are white and probably a tea partier. I am half white and half hispanic and I find this law disgusting.

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens."

Be careful what you bet and wish for

[Violent rhetoric removed to ensure reader safety]

Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
No. I can not believe people think that illegals go on welfare. A lot of them come here to find a job to raise their families. Now before you say "so are Americans and the illegals are taking our jobs", illegals are not taking American jobs. How many white people do you see picking crops or washing other people's clothes? The minimum wage in Mexico is like 15 cents an hour. It is nowhere near the amount in America. This money they get in Mexico is putting them on the verge of starving. Most of the time one of the parents will come across find a job and go back and fourth to bring their family food and money. Most of the time it is for survival. These immigrants work very hard for a lot less then Americans make for minimum wage. The minimum wage for immigrants is less because they are cheap labor. Some people do cheat the welfare system but how can immigrants cheat the system? They have to have proper papers with them. They have to have a green card, birth certificate etc. This process would do nothing but draw attention to them. America has gotten so racist and so intolerent it makes me sick. I bet anything that everybody that supports this law are white and probably a tea partier. I am half white and half hispanic and I find this law disgusting.
How many Americans have always done construction work and other blue collar jobs that the illegals now hold? This crop picking nonsense is just that...nonsense because most illegals aren't picking crops.

Yeah, they work for less and that is why the employers are hiring them to increase their profits in violation of our labor and immigration laws instead of hiring Americans and you're ok with that?

The subject isn't immigrants. The subject is illegal aliens. Many of them do collect welfare through their U.S. born children which they wouldn't have had if they hadn't violated our immigration laws in the first place.

Just who is it we are supposed to be racist against? Which race? We take in 1.5 million legal immigrants per year from all over the world so where is this racism you are speaking of? Is it racist to oppose "illegal" immgration? Then that makes every country in the world racist then including Mexico.

Why would you mention the white race if you're not a racist yourself? It isn't just whites or teapartiers that oppose illegal immigration so get your facts straight.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:04 PM

They advocate guns off of constitution based arguments. But when it comes to illegals they change the constitution?

More proof that they want to re-write history to slant things in support of their base. Their base being rich, white and mostly male.

Anyone who uses the words "Illegal Immigrants" is a nationalist. Nationalism is deplorable and a mindset we should leave behind as fast as possible. It is just as evil as racism, if not more so. Any idea or institution that creates division based on circumstances no one can control deserves the same end as Apartheid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration