U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you support this law?
Yes 42 91.30%
No 4 8.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2011, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Reputation: 3083

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
No. I can not believe people think that illegals go on welfare. A lot of them come here to find a job to raise their families. Now before you say "so are Americans and the illegals are taking our jobs", illegals are not taking American jobs. How many white people do you see picking crops or washing other people's clothes? The minimum wage in Mexico is like 15 cents an hour. It is nowhere near the amount in America. This money they get in Mexico is putting them on the verge of starving. Most of the time one of the parents will come across find a job and go back and fourth to bring their family food and money. Most of the time it is for survival. These immigrants work very hard for a lot less then Americans make for minimum wage. The minimum wage for immigrants is less because they are cheap labor. Some people do cheat the welfare system but how can immigrants cheat the system? They have to have proper papers with them. They have to have a green card, birth certificate etc. This process would do nothing but draw attention to them. America has gotten so racist and so intolerent it makes me sick. I bet anything that everybody that supports this law are white and probably a tea partier. I am half white and half hispanic and I find this law disgusting.
So basically you're a pro illegal apologist pushing your agenda.thanks for clearing that one up

 
Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
This law is idiotic. It is not the children's fault their parents came here illegally. It saddens me that these new born babys will be taken from their parents and put in some orphanage in who knows where in Mexico. If these law makers knew anything, they would know, that everyone is illegal. We all came from somewhere else! The Native Americans were the first people on this land until the Europeans took it away and then eventually California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, parts of Colorado, Texas, and Oklahoma were all apart of Mexico at one point.
So what that it wasn't the children's fault that their parents came here illegally? These parents can take their children back to their homelands with them. If they ended up in an orphanage it would the parent's choice not our governments.

No one is illegal who was born or naturalized in this country. Even the native indians came from somewhere else. They didn't sprout up out of the ground like corn. What do the native indians indigenous to THIS country have to do with the tribal ancestors of the Mexicans? Their tribal ancestors were not indigenous to the U.S.

As for the short 25 years the Mexico held parts of the southwest wars have been fought and lands have exchanged hands since time began. We paid Mexico 15 million dollars for the southwest territories that they held. So no, it wasn't just taken. Mexico has no more claim on any part of our country nor are Mexicans indigenous to our country through their tribal ancestors. In fact most are half Spanish. You know, that country of Spain that is located in EUROPE.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
They advocate guns off of constitution based arguments. But when it comes to illegals they change the constitution?

More proof that they want to re-write history to slant things in support of their base. Their base being rich, white and mostly male.

Anyone who uses the words "Illegal Immigrants" is a nationalist. Nationalism is deplorable and a mindset we should leave behind as fast as possible. It is just as evil as racism, if not more so. Any idea or institution that creates division based on circumstances no one can control deserves the same end as Apartheid.
and people like you that throw out the race/apartheid etc card make ME sick, so now we're even.

What do YOU call someone who inhabits a country illegally?
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
 
4,811 posts, read 8,550,725 times
Reputation: 2743
This law has not even a snowballs chance in hell of passing. The costitution clearly states that ANYONE born here is an American citizen.
They may huff & puff but this is a hateful smoke screen for the real agenda they hold. They currently h...ave a fragile hold on Arizona as
a republican stronghold. The minority is a minority no more.. The only way to win politically for them is to scare the hell out of brown skinned people and get them to leave the state. In that way the white man
will again be in the majority. Look at every decision brewer and her
cartel has made. Cut education, keep our kids dumbed down, remove
any and all opportunities to get affordable medical care, Right now today in Arizona there is no county hospital. All hospitals are owned privately and they can and do refuse care to the poor. Doctors are denying care by refusing to accept the indigent medicaid program.

They did illegal roundups of immigrants, any with any means fearing
for an immigrant member in their family relocated to New Mexico &
California. eventually with enough fear mongering the population will
be majority white and they will maintain political power.

They however have not considered one important thing. The working
class is shrinking that has always been and will always be the foundation. With no foundation their top heavy house of cards Falls...
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
 
4,811 posts, read 8,550,725 times
Reputation: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So basically you're a pro illegal apologist pushing your agenda.thanks for clearing that one up
No I am speaking the truth because people are misled to believe the truth which is that they all aren't sucking money from the government and that they are in fact hard workers. it is ignorant people who brush stuff like this off. There are two sides to every issue and some people (like yourself) need to see through the eyes of the others that you so blantantly call "illegals" and accuse of being government moochers.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Read more: Arizona lawmakers propose another tough illegal immigration law | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/briefs/articles/90032540?Arizona%20lawmakers%20propose%20another%2 0tough%20illegal%20immigration%20law#ixzz1CSfsiLLM - broken link)
And it's certain to waste your state and federal taxpayer money as it is already a forgone conclusion such a law would be knocked down.

Republicans: The party of fiscal conservatism. Yeah, right!
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
No I am speaking the truth because people are misled to believe the truth which is that they all aren't sucking money from the government and that they are in fact hard workers. it is ignorant people who brush stuff like this off. There are two sides to every issue and some people (like yourself) need to see through the eyes of the others that you so blantantly call "illegals" and accuse of being government moochers.
Many if not most of them are. Do you actually think that they have medical insurance to cover their healthcare costs? Who do you think pays for the birthing of their babies? Who is paying to educate their children in our schools? Who is paying for the costs of the crimes that some of them commit?

No group holds a corner on the market for being hard workers. There are lazy ones in every group including illegal aliens. Hard workers or not they have no right to work here.

Blantantly calling them illegals? They ARE illegally in our country! Bottom line there are no good arguments for advocating for illegal alien lawbreakers. We are a nation of laws. Do it the right way or don't come!
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
No I am speaking the truth because people are misled to believe the truth which is that they all aren't sucking money from the government and that they are in fact hard workers. it is ignorant people who brush stuff like this off. There are two sides to every issue and some people (like yourself) need to see through the eyes of the others that you so blantantly call "illegals" and accuse of being government moochers.
They ARE here illegally, so I ask again what do YOU call people who trespass across a country's borders and reside there illegally?
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,474,749 times
Reputation: 7104
Arizona is not the only state that will be implementing tough immigration laws.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 05:45 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
This law has not even a snowballs chance in hell of passing. The costitution clearly states that ANYONE born here is an American citizen.
They may huff & puff but this is a hateful smoke screen for the real agenda they hold. They currently h...ave a fragile hold on Arizona as
a republican stronghold. The minority is a minority no more.. The only way to win politically for them is to scare the hell out of brown skinned people and get them to leave the state. In that way the white man
will again be in the majority. Look at every decision brewer and her
cartel has made. Cut education, keep our kids dumbed down, remove
any and all opportunities to get affordable medical care, Right now today in Arizona there is no county hospital. All hospitals are owned privately and they can and do refuse care to the poor. Doctors are denying care by refusing to accept the indigent medicaid program.

They did illegal roundups of immigrants, any with any means fearing
for an immigrant member in their family relocated to New Mexico &
California. eventually with enough fear mongering the population will
be majority white and they will maintain political power.

They however have not considered one important thing. The working
class is shrinking that has always been and will always be the foundation. With no foundation their top heavy house of cards Falls...
No, the 14th Amendment states that anyone born on our soil is a citizen but puts a clarifier on it as in "AND subject to the jurisdiction, thereof". Their parents nor their anchors are subject to our full jurisdiction. Their allegiance is with their homelands.

What the hell does hate have to do with this? Sounds like you have an ethnocentric agenda to me. Many countries require that at least one parent be a citizen or legal immigrant in order for their newborn to qualify for instant citizenship. That just makes sense and in view of the millions of illegal aliens that have given birth on our soil and are able to access all kinds of benefits for them that are sucking our tax coffers dry it makes even more sense to change birthright citizenship. All it needs is re-interpreting by the Supreme Court to reflect what the actual intent was. Even so, new amendments have been made to our Constitution since we had one so what is the difference on this one?

Oh knock off the brown-skinned BS! None of this has anything to do with race or skin color. Why shouldn't Arizona want illegals to leave their state regardless of their race or skin color? I wondered how long it would take you to pull the race card about white people. We are already the majority in this country but welcome LEGAL immigrants. This is about ILLEGAL immigration. Learn to know the difference between legal and illegal. Arizona has not rounded up LEGAL immigrants and have every right to round up the ILLEGAL ones.

We have no shortage of working class Americans. If we need foreign workers we will pull from our LEGAL immigrant quotas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top