U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

Illegal-immigration enforcement program takes a toll on U.S. Hispanic populations, report says
The Washington Post)
1/31/2011

Police Chief Charlie T. Deane speaking with immigration lawyer Elinor Tesfamariam after a recent meeting on the county's new immigration policy.
(By Giuliana Nakashima --

Illegal-immigration enforcement program takes a toll on U.S. Hispanic populations, report says

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-01-2011 at 01:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2011, 01:08 AM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times
Reputation: 909
Good. Get the message: No illegal aliens.

What is that shirt the woman on the right is wearing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Good. Get the message: No illegal aliens.

What is that shirt the woman on the right is wearing?
Topic was changed to an englsh version from the
Wash, Post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Enforcement works! If the Hispanic population has decreased in those areas then it means those here illegally. A Hispanic citizen would have no reason to leave unless they were harboring a relative illegally in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,863,520 times
Reputation: 6050
Good news ! Lets keep up the pressure folks and get true Americans back to work on jobs they supposedly won't do and if they (the Americans) won't do those jobs, kick them out, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
It sounds like the US Immigration Law is being enforced, but under a lower and more silent profile to avoid attacks from the supporters and OBL.

The Feds have a hand on this one, so there's not mucn the Pro illegals can do but b*tch about it.
But we can't slack off.




This is what Lariat was replying to: (below)
This is related, but in spanish on a spanish site. (link below)

RELATED
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[translated]


287(g) hits hard in Hispanic communities

Jan 30/2011

The controversial program that gives local police immigration laws to strengthen rights caused the sharp decline in the Latino population in many parts of the country, including the counties of Prince William and Frederick, Virginia, as reported by The Washington Post based on a study presented Monday by the Migraties Policy Institute.

In some cases, the initial desdenso was dramatic, as in Frederick County, where 61 percent of its Latino population disappeared 2007y 2009, and in Prince William County was down nearly 21 percent over the same period, seg {un senso data and school enrollment. Since then, Hispanic communities have emerged, but not to previous levels, says the Post.

The study of Migration Policy Institute, a nonpartisan organization, focused on-site locations including the counties listed above, which adopted the 287 (g), which is used by at least 68 law enforcement agencies and municipal authorities, the paper said........



El 287 (g) pega duro en las comunidades hispanasVivelohoy (http://www.vivelohoy.com/noticias/eeuu/7977868/el-287-g-pega-duro-en-las-comunidades-hispanas - broken link)[/quote]

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-01-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,685 posts, read 27,882,078 times
Reputation: 7177
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It sounds like the US Immigration Law is being enforced, but under a lower and more silent profile to avoid attacks from the supporters and OBL.

The Feds have a hand on this one, so there's not mucn the Pro illegals can do but b*tch about it.
But we can't slack off.




This is what Lariat was replying to: (below)
This is related, but in spanish on a spanish site. (link below)

RELATED
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[translated]


287(g) hits hard in Hispanic communities
Jan 30/2011

The controversial program that gives local police immigration laws to strengthen rights caused the sharp decline in the Latino population in many parts of the country, including the counties of Prince William and Frederick, Virginia, as reported by The Washington Post based on a study presented Monday by the Migraties Policy Institute.

In some cases, the initial desdenso was dramatic, as in Frederick County, where 61 percent of its Latino population disappeared 2007y 2009, and in Prince William County was down nearly 21 percent over the same period, seg {un senso data and school enrollment. Since then, Hispanic communities have emerged, but not to previous levels, says the Post.

The study of Migration Policy Institute, a nonpartisan organization, focused on-site locations including the counties listed above, which adopted the 287 (g), which is used by at least 68 law enforcement agencies and municipal authorities, the paper said........



El 287 (g) pega duro en las comunidades hispanasVivelohoy (http://www.vivelohoy.com/noticias/eeuu/7977868/el-287-g-pega-duro-en-las-comunidades-hispanas - broken link)
[/quote]

NO wonder DC doesn't see the problem -- it has been cleared out of their backyard. After all -- if you can't see a problem, there can't be one -- right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,241,231 times
Reputation: 1758
Shouldn't the title be "takes a toll on ILLEGAL Hispanic populations"?

Quote:
In Frederick and Prince William counties, fewer than 10 percent of those detained were arrested for the most serious, Level 1 crimes, which include murder, rape and armed robbery.
Even with that reassuring news, that means at least 93 illegals in Frederick and Prince William murdered, raped and robbed someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Quote:
Shouldn't the title be "takes a toll on ILLEGAL Hispanic populations"?

Even with that reassuring news, that means at least 93 illegals in Frederick and Prince William murdered, raped and robbed someone.
Talk to the News Reporter.

We already know what's actually meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Reputation: 30377
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

NO wonder DC doesn't see the problem -- it has been cleared out of their backyard. After all -- if you can't see a problem, there can't be one -- right?
Trust me. There is a considerable illegal problem just minutes from the US Capitol. The counties in the story are actually exurbs. The closer-in suburbs like Alexandria, Arlington, and Montgomery are filled with illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top