U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 AM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Maybe the business owners hiring these people could foot the bill. That might make that two dollars an hour less that they put out in payroll a little less attractive.

I'm sure that if this was the direction the politicians WANTED to go they could feed the CBO the correct stats to show it is feasible. I mean look at how they used the CBO to pass the health care debacle and what a mess that has turned out to be.

It's easy to make things look the way you want them to be perceived when you control the figures that are calculated.
I'd love to see both States and Fed really get nasty with dirtbag businesses that hire them. Once the illegal hiring stops they will self deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'd love to see both States and Fed really get nasty with dirtbag businesses that hire them. Once the illegal hiring stops they will self deport.
Just drive the remainder further underground.

There are simply too many for an enforcement approach to work.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:08 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
That is the problem? until this law is enforced in every State and consitent with each other, i suspect nothing will really become of it. We need to get freaking tough, on this issue, a President who is tough, and not on just talk, do something about this issue, and act like you really do give a damn.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is the problem? until this law is enforced in every State and consitent with each other, i suspect nothing will really become of it. We need to get freaking tough, on this issue, a President who is tough, and not on just talk, do something about this issue, and act like you really do give a damn.
Congress could pass a law tripling the size of the enforcement agencies.

They don't and won't. Have not got the votes.

There is no will among the people to seriously increase enforcement.

A large majority wishes the illegals would go home. An almost equivalent group however opposes any attempt to force the exodus.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Congress could pass a law tripling the size of the enforcement agencies.

They don't and won't. Have not got the votes.

There is no will among the people to seriously increase enforcement.

A large majority wishes the illegals would go home. An almost equivalent group however opposes any attempt to force the exodus.
I don't think the majority opposes deporations. I think what people don't want are door-to-door searches or anything too dramatic.

Here at the border, you can actually watch deportations as they happen, the INS van pulls at to a gate, people get out of the van and head back into Mexico. No one cares. There aren't people protesting or complaining about it.

And there isn't a lot of "will" among the people as long as the unemployment checks continue to arrive on time and there is no suffering of Americans because of unemployment. However - that could quickly change if unemployed Americans suddenly needed jobs. Then they might like to see a little enforcement and have the flood of people coming over the border to work cheaply stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration