U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
^^According to the Associated Press, there are 11.2 million illegals. I think they undercounted.
11 million was the count back in the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,241,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
11 million was the count back in the 80's.
But the report was released just recently. Something doesn't add up lol.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
par·a·site   
[par-uh-sahyt] Show IPA
–noun
a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

Just sayin

Old 02-03-2011, 08:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
But the report was released just recently. Something doesn't add up lol.
That exactly what I'm saying

Old 02-06-2011, 09:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
And all these billions of dollars are not helping Mexico. Mexico is quickly becoming more unstable.

Social problems are the direct result of illegal immigration - parents abandon young children to the streets so they can go in search of US dollars. And of course many illegals are involved in drug trafficking organizations - the violent cartels.

In fact it's the Mexican cartels that benefit most from our open borders and have unlimited access to every city and town in the USA.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 703 times
Default wow

current calculation: 12.1 million unemployed Americans [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/05/jobs-report-unemployment-rate_n_1942067.html]Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 114,000 Jobs In September; Jobless Rate Down To 7.8 Percent[/url]

[url=http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/how-many-illegal-aliens-are-here-really/14593/]How Many Illegal Aliens Are Here Really? | _[/url] has a good argument, but I'm not considering it a trusted source.

"Almost 17.5 million immigrants in the United States in 2010 were naturalized US citizens. 11.5 million unauthorized immigrants." [url=http://www.migrationinformation.org/usfocus/display.cfm?ID=886#9]Migration Information Source - Frequently Requested Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States[/url] .org is not a trusted source, but there is a lot of useful information here.

I've seen many claims anywhere from 12 to 24 million undocumented workers. I have worked beside many illegals who have two jobs, and sometimes three jobs. Many sell things through catalogs, and send one of their checks home every week. I know that these women in the public aid office are either using one of their children's social security cards or a fake one while they work on another number. They live ten working adults to a three or four bedroom house, and party all the time while we struggle to get by because our wages have dropped and for some reason Americans have limits on how many people we can live in a house. This is an epidemic. I support Obama and I believe he can make a difference, but I do not agree with giving papers to the ones who have been brought here as children. I do not agree with allowing people to take all the jobs that"Americans will not work" because I guaran****intee there is an American somewhere looking for that job. They claim children for tax refunds, and drain the economy and laugh when they save $30,000 to go home and chill. This is bull **** and nobody would be homeless or jobless if Bush never said "I will always feel sympathy for people trying to find a better life and provide a better life for their families" right before he opened the flood gates right before the economy collapsed. I clearly recall hearing him say that in a press conference and saw what happened after that. Go to any warehouse, you'll have to be bilingual to get a job anymore. This is some bull ****.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
This country has become a flop house!:-(

Old 04-29-2013, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 628 times
Immigrant cash sent home, not just to Mexico, but to China, Greece, Portugal, and other countries
helps stabilize their economies and makes their citizens much less likely to immigrate. Also, for
those who care, it brings relief to poor families, often near starvation, who are trying to make
ends meet. It means they can afford to send children to school, instead
of working in the fields. Better education for them means better jobs and lower immigration.
The fact is that immigrants are needed here and they do the bulk of the manual labor that our
own kids won't do. Their work on the dairy farms and in the fields produces much of our food.
This is a country of immigrants; mine arrived in 1630 with no visas and no money. No, they
didn't stand in line and apply legally. That is how most Americans got here despite, the myth
that they applied, waited patiently, and took their turn. Most of them arrived destitute and sent
money home when they got jobs.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeIII View Post
Immigrant cash sent home, not just to Mexico, but to China, Greece, Portugal, and other countries
helps stabilize their economies and makes their citizens much less likely to immigrate. Also, for
those who care, it brings relief to poor families, often near starvation, who are trying to make
of working in the fields. Better education for them means better jobs and lower immigration.
The fact is that immigrants are needed here and they do the bulk of the manual labor that our
own kids won't do. Their work on the dairy farms and in the fields produces much of our food.
This is a country of immigrants; mine arrived in 1630 with no visas and no money. No, they
didn't stand in line and apply legally. That is how most Americans got here despite, the myth
that they applied, waited patiently, and took their turn. Most of them arrived destitute and sent
What immigration laws were in place in 1630? Most of our ancestors were more recent arrivals. No one stood in line at Ellis Island and were scrutinized for legal entry? Really? What does how immigrants from the past came here have to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws today anway? How about their countries fixing their own economies and creating jobs for their own citizens rather than millions comiing here illegally and sucking us dry and sending money out of our economy? We had a lot of jobs and resources back then also. Not so today. We can't be the flophouse for the whole world anymore.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM

12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeIII View Post
You're appealing to common sense, historical precedent and basic human compassion. On this forum... yeah, good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or