U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
I don't think it is that simple and quick... while there might be US workers finding jobs if that happens, the population loss actually trigger a further decline in other jobs that were servicing that same population. The loss will cause another recession. There is not necessarily a one to one relationship between the current unemployment and the jobs being held by illegal immigrants.
Whatever short term downturns there might be (if any) we would make it up in the long run and return to a nation of laws with soveriegn borders again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 05:03 PM

254 posts, read 521,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Whatever short term downturns there might be (if any) we would make it up in the long run and return to a nation of laws with soveriegn borders again.
It is very easy to say that the recovery would be quick and painless. Why isn't the economy recovering now if its so simple? A mass deportation being self or enforced would cause further economic problems.

Btw, I don't know if you are implying that I think the US should not have sovereign borders, I never said that.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
It is very easy to say that the recovery would be quick and painless. Why isn't the economy recovering now if its so simple? A mass deportation being self or enforced would cause further economic problems.

Btw, I don't know if you are implying that I think the US should not have sovereign borders, I never said that.
Maybe it wouldn't be quick and painless but in the long run our nation would be a much better place for all Americans. What does the state of the economy today have to do with it? We wil always have recessions off and on with or without illegals. That is whole different topic.

I fail to see how Americans getting back their jobs by the exit of illegal aliens from our country would further our economic woes.

Why is an economy supposedly being supported by illegal activity more important to you than the rule of law? Do you think that money is more important than morals?

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-03-2011 at 05:32 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM

32,937 posts, read 30,188,716 times
I can easily how taking the pressure off social services would offset any loss of poor, uneducated workers in the event of a mass self deportation. The new ICE silent raids have shown other legal workers are eager to step in even if we have to import them.

The only real "pain" would be to the businesses using the illegal labor in the first place.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Why is some economy supposedly being supported by illegal activity more important to you than the rule of law? Do you think that money is more important than morals?
Please define what you mean with morals?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Please define what you mean with morals?
Laws are based on a morality that protects innocent people and keeps chaos at bay.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Laws are based on a morality that protects innocent people and keeps chaos at bay.
You really think all offenses are the same? Why is there an entire judiciary system to decide how "bad" was a particular offense.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
You really think all offenses are the same? Why is there an entire judiciary system to decide how "bad" was a particular offense.
Where did I say that all offenses are the same? The punishment usually fits the crime.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Where did I say that all offenses are the same? The punishment usually fits the crime.
You implied that all illegal immigrants are immoral.

I agree if they:
- Committed crimes like: murder, rape, stealing.
- Affected another by stealing their identity.

So... do I think money is above morals? No

Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,660,718 times
It's appalling that some of you are still siding with Illegal Immigrants and their offspring.

I am the children of a LEGAL IMMIGRANT father who worked his a$$ off to become a legal resident of this country. He paid taxes for over 30 years and never EVER relied on government support.

Illegal immigrants have no regards for this country, its laws and its people. Once you cross that border illegally, you lose your rights. However, they still demand to be treated as if they had gone through the proper chanels to enter this country. They get offended if we call their children "anchor babies". Give me a break. You don't like it? Tough shlt. Go back to where you came from!

How hard is it to understand that entering the US without permission and/ or overstaying your Visa is a crime? It is common sense!

And FYI I make $10 an hour while I put myself through school... Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration