U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:18 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It's appalling that some of you are still siding with Illegal Immigrants and their offspring.

I am the children of a LEGAL IMMIGRANT father who worked his a$$ off to become a legal resident of this country. He paid taxes for over 30 years and never EVER relied on government support.

Illegal immigrants have no regards for this country, its laws and its people. Once you cross that border illegally, you lose your rights. However, they still demand to be treated as if they had gone through the proper chanels to enter this country. They get offended if we call their children "anchor babies". Give me a break. You don't like it? Tough shlt. Go back to where you came from!

How hard is it to understand that entering the US without permission and/ or overstaying your Visa is a crime? It is common sense!

And FYI I make $10 an hour while I put myself through school... Thank you.
Already repped you for another post. An IOU rep for this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
You implied that all illegal immigrants are immoral.

I agree if they:
- Committed crimes like: murder, rape, stealing.
- Affected another by stealing their identity.

So... do I think money is above morals? No
No, I didn't. I said that our laws are based on morality. Making money by illegal means is breaking our laws.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,867,686 times
Quote:
...sponger42....snipped....Finally, what do you mean by "current popular status"? Birthright citizenship has always enjoyed widespread support except by fringe elements of the population such as so-called "nativists" and white-supremacy groups.

So it's more accurate to call the questioning of birthright citizenship a recent fad amongst some conservative media. Since there are much more pressing constitutional issues, and it is only a handful of radical revisionists who support re-writing this particular constitutional amendment, I don't see it changing anytime soon.
I know it has probably been done to death but I had to note this......after I got up off the floor......sheer nonsense.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,867,686 times
Wow ! what some great posts on this thread. Eleanora1, you are the best, next to Benicar, LOL. Very clear arguments. I wore out my mouse repping all of you. Lebowsky, I did not like most of what you said (no examples) but it was well said. I wondered what sponger42 was smoking.
I think the argument that it would be impossible to deport everyone is silly. Just going to a WalMart on a weekend would garner thousands. If they could not produce papers as to legal citizenship.....OUT ! Load the bus and head for the border. Let the president of Mexico worry about them. That is his job. Over the top statements ? Yes. But no more than the argument that deportation cannot be accomplished, at least enough to start the migration south....

Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I recently heard that AZ has introduced a possible governor's mandate that babies born in AZ of illegal parents will not automatically garner US citizenship. Of course, that rule was never intended to accommodate the children of admitted illegally-present felons, nor should it have gained it's current popular status. It semingly did so by ignoring the sitution for so long it's become OK by simple social acceptance. Until now.

Does this one have even a snowflake's chance in hell? I fervently hope it does, since it would establish an ominous precedent that would possibly spread to... O.............M.............G!!!!!!! ....California.
The states can't deny citizenship, but I believe what they can do is add a field on the birth certificate under the parents' information asking if they are citizens, or legal residents, of the US.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,293,306 times
I'd like to remind everyone this is a place for discussion. As long as the argument is made without trolling in mind, it can and should be posted here, even if you disagree. Some of the regulars here treat every point of view other than theirs like it was a personal attack - this has to stop if we are to have any rational debate. I understand there is a lot of anger as illegal immigration is a very emotional issue for some, and very important for us all. Having said that, I'd like to request you at least try to be respectful, freedom of speech means people are allowed to have their own opinions, regardless of whether you agree with them or not.
Yac.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,029,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It's appalling that some of you are still siding with Illegal Immigrants and their offspring.

Once you cross that border illegally, you lose your rights.

How hard is it to understand that entering the US without permission and/ or overstaying your Visa is a crime? It is common sense!
Their offspring, if born in the United States are United States citizens. You don't have to like that, but it is a fact. Make sure to vote if you don't like it.

No, even when people cross the border illegally, they do not lose their rights as guaranteed by the United State Constitution.

Obviously crossing the border illegally is a crime (yes, it's redundant). Overstaying a visa permit is not a crime in this country. It is a civil offense.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
McDonalds pays 10 bucks an hour? The man claimed illegals were taking 10 dollar an hour cooking jobs here in San Diego because lazy Americans won't do it. I can get those positions filled by Americans in 1 hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration