U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 PM

388 posts, read 723,607 times

Advertisements

United States Citizen = USC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,187,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DogsImDone View Post
SSI, which is funded through SS payments, is something anchor babies qualify for at birth.

Powered by Google Docs

It saddens me to no end that while my mom worked, it wasn't long enough. If she hadn't become ill she would have gone back to work when my siblings and I were old enough.

I find it ironic, that Mom was penalized by SS for staying home to raise her children and the illegal is being rewarded by SS for having hers -- despite never contributing to the SS.
That would explain things.

This is just wrong.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,913,629 times
Quote:
Why my mother -- who worked in the early 1960's as a secretary, who became a stay at home mom after the birth of the first of her children, who was diagnosed and ultimately crippled by multiple sclerosis -- was denied Social Security Disability benefits because she didn't work a full 40 quarters while an illegal immigrant can cross the border and give birth to a baby who hasn't worked at all can reap all sorts of benefits?
Yes and that baby gets the illegal free government provided housing, food stamps, WIC, and Medicaid. There is also what's called "Emergency Medicaid" for the illegal that pays for the maternity care. The illegal can pick up the food stamps given as a reward for getting here in time for the birth and the amount of food stamps is based on household size, not legal status of the household.

Americans are being denied help even while unemployment rates are sky high and illegals continue to pour into the country unconcerned with high cost of health insurance and lack of jobs because they know that one birth here will have them made in the shade.

Also I know for a fact that illegals have figured out how to access the EITC and child tax credit system to obtain nice checks from the IRS. It doesn't matter who the biological father is, they can arrange to have a green card holder or other legal resident of some kind receiving disability or earning next to nothing (that's reported at least) on the birth certificate so that the children of the illegals are claimed on his tax return. Then they can all split the big check. Some of my illegal former neighbors did that with all 4 of their kids.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,666,068 times
Quote:
Why my mother -- who worked in the early 1960's as a secretary, who became a stay at home mom after the birth of the first of her children, who was diagnosed and ultimately crippled by multiple sclerosis -- was denied Social Security Disability benefits because she didn't work a full 40 quarters while an illegal immigrant can cross the border and give birth to a baby who hasn't worked at all can reap all sorts of benefits?
Because nobody cares about the American people anymore.

We need to take this country back!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration