U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,362,768 times

Advertisements

Don't make me laugh please. WHAT INTEGRITY! They came across these borders illegally, have children for their benefit, and you tell me that they deserve integrity, what they deserve, is a swift boot, right back to their Precious homeland of Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 01:01 PM

17,286 posts, read 25,044,888 times
Hahaha

In college someone made an art piece entitled "anchor baby"... it was quite literally a sculpture of a baby, chained to an anchor, painted red white and blue. It was stolen.

I really could care less about "impugning" the integrity of people who willfully and/or deliberately come to the United States to extract social benefits!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If anchor baby is such a non-offensive term, why does everyone in this forum defend Michelle Malkin when I point out that she is one?
Anchor baby means a US born kid from illegal aliens. Malkins mom and dad were here legally when she was born.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,706,077 times
Quote:
If anchor baby is such a non-offensive term, why does everyone in this forum defend Michelle Malkin when I point out that she is one?
Michelle Malkin was born in October 1970 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as the first of two children to Philippine citizens Rafaela (née Perez) a homemaker and teacher, and Apolo DeCastro Maglalang, a physician-in-training. In 1970, her parents immigrated* to the United States on an employer-sponsored visa.

*Immigrated not snuck over the border.

Seems legal to me.

Illegal immigrant progeny = anchor baby.
Legal immigrant progeny = American citizen.

It ain't rocket science.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:08 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,319,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Anchor baby means a US born kid from illegal aliens. Malkins mom and dad were here legally when she was born.
Actually it means a US born child from illegal OR non-resident aliens. I know, I know, it's a very bitter pill for some of you to swallow.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:47 PM

1,150 posts, read 993,590 times
Quote:
Actually it means a US born child from illegal OR non-resident aliens. I know, I know, it's a very bitter pill for some of you to swallow.
Since alien means a person living in a country in which he/she is not a citizen, what is a 'non-resident' alien? The thing that makes them an alien is the fact that they reside in a country where they're not a citizen, so either they're non-residents, or aliens. They can't be both. Therefore, anchor babies are children of illegal aliens.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,983,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Since alien means a person living in a country in which he/she is not a citizen, what is a 'non-resident' alien? The thing that makes them an alien is the fact that they reside in a country where they're not a citizen, so either they're non-residents, or aliens. They can't be both. Therefore, anchor babies are children of illegal aliens.
a 'resident alien' under immigration law is a foreign national who is here legally either on a work visa or an immigrant visa. Tourists, like illegals are not considered resident aliens

Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,572 times
Quote:
Soon. No more anchors WHEN the 14th is altered

Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,128,555 times
Now something would have to exist before it could be "impugned" wouldn't it?

Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,666,068 times
Don't want your kids to be called "anchor babies"?

Have them in your country then...

Problem solved!

( BOOHOO )

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 02-05-2011 at 08:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration