U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:53 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Sheeesh?

I have no desire to argue with you, so with all due respect to you, a tourist isn't considered a resident. The Oxford American dictionary defines an alien (n) as "a person who is not a citizen of the country in which he is living." A tourist, or someone on a business trip perhaps, would not be considered a resident, or an alien, because he's not living in the country, but visiting.

I've always agreed with your posts concerning illegal aliens, so I think we're basically on the same page, so peace, ok?
But we're not talking about dictionary definitions are we? Under immigration law a tourist IS a "non resident alien". Under IRS law even a LPR can be classified as a "non resident alien" for tax purposes.......so there ya go

(wanna raise my sheeesh and see me a good grief?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
But we're not talking about dictionary definitions are we? Under immigration law a tourist IS a "non resident alien". Under IRS law even a LPR can be classified as a "non resident alien" for tax purposes.......so there ya go

(wanna raise my sheeesh and see me a good grief?)
I'll fold. Friends?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I'll fold. Friends?
Peace out = )

Old 02-08-2011, 02:43 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Peace out = )
Breaker 1-9..

Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,704,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
People with integrity do not intentionally violate sovereign law simply because it suits them to do so.....
Couldn't have been stated better if I said it myself.

Read American history and read of the genocide, lies, theft, and European emigrants who immigrated to this continent. They brought disease, criminals, poverty, illiteracy, and they populated like a boat load of rats. They knew the true meaning of anchor baby. There was nothing legal about the theft and genocidal practices that were perpetrated to gain this land.

It sounds pretty disgusting when it's turned around, doesn't it?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:53 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Responsibilities? What really sets them apart is their own actions.

The "anchor" is because these children are used to bring the entire extended family over. If that weren't being done, the term anchor wouldn't be used.

Other American citizens aren't being used to bring in whole villages of people, all their relatives don't pack up and relocate because of the birth.
The exact reason the 14th Amendemnt needs to be amended to reflect that a child's parent(s) must be legal citizens of the US in order to be granted US citizenship as a "birth right".

Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

Read American history and read of the genocide, lies, theft, and European emigrants who immigrated to this continent. They brought disease, criminals, poverty, illiteracy, and they populated like a boat load of rats. They knew the true meaning of anchor baby. There was nothing legal about the theft and genocidal practices that were perpetrated to gain this land.

The Europeans didn't just bring bad things to this country and the natives were guilty of their own atrocities against them. There were no immigration laws then either. On the plus side the Europeans were instrumental in building this great nation. They are all dead now so get your head out of the past. None of us alive today are guilty of anything from the past. In fact many of our ancestors weren't even involved in any those conflicts but came here much later including not only whites but blacks, Asians, etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,529 times
Quote:

You said you are part white. You wouldnt be here if those bad Euopeans not come here.

Besides: the past is the past. The Indians were too weak and got beaten. But you dont have that same anger for Indian on Indian killings, etc. it seems.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:

Ya, the existing populace got along so well. I'm glad it wasn't the Spaniards that took over,

personally

Old 02-09-2011, 12:40 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Quote:

What does this have to do with anything? And what are you trying to say?

If China invades Mongolia tomorrow, pillaging and committing acts of war against the Mongolian people, you'll be shrugging your shoulders saying, "well, Ghengis Khan invaded and pillaged China hundreds of years ago, so it's payback?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration