Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times

Advertisements

My dad was born in Brazil. He was the child of farmers. My grandmother had 5 children; 3 daughters and 2 sons.

They were poor and had no education whatsoever. My grandmother could barely write and read up until the day she passed away.

My dad and his siblings ( minus one of my aunts ) didn't want the same future for themselves.

So they immigrated LEGALLY to the US and Canada.

Now please enlighten me on why those who choose to come here illegally are being defended so fervently?

Are you trying to say they are better than my family who chose to abide by the law?!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM

183 posts, read 458,871 times
Absolutely not! Almost no one on this forum defends illegal immigrants and no is saying that they're better than your parents. People like you irritate me with your self-righteousness!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman91 View Post
Absolutely not! Almost no one on this forum defends illegal immigrants and no is saying that they're better than your parents. People like you irritate me with your self-righteousness!
I am not accusing anyone here of defending illegal immigrants! I am just annoyed at the fact that whenever I bring up the subject, some folks try to justify illegal immigration somehow. Either by talking about how "the white" killed the Natives or how everyone deserves a good life and yadda yadda.

I am venting. I am frustrated. I am not self-righteous by any means.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM

183 posts, read 458,871 times
All right, sorry about that. I can see why your frustrated, but the whole illegal immigration debate thing is just so complex. I don't which side is better for the country because the debate is controlled by idiots!

Sorry I yelled at you.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM

LOL it's okay. I am just worried about all of this... I am terrified for my child who's going to be born this Spring. I don't want her to be left behind because that's how I feel right now. I feel like the American people don't matter anymore.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Nothing complex about it at all

Secure the border, Enforce the laws of the United States

Those who tell you it is racism or xenophobia are lying !

I consider it an insult to mine and every Americans intelligence the way this and past administrations
have down played our National Security along the southern border.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Not at all, and i do agree with you for my Great Great Great Grand Parents, and their family did that same thing many many years ago but from Italy, and yes they did it by legal means. Once in the States, learned the English Language, now the language of their citizenship. Still spoke Italian but to their children, English was the lanugage they chose to speak to them in. Worked hard very hard so that future generations would have a good life, and the hard work did pay off. We had a pretty good life growing up, thanks in part to those Ancestors, who saw a golden opportunity.

If you really want a better life so bad, without abusing our system, and bleeding us dry, then by all means come to this Country legally. By doing it illegally, sends messages to me, as to why they don't bother becoming legal citizens. We also send the wrong messages to illegals by not acting upong them being in our Country illegally. If we get tougher laws in place, a President and administration who get tough as has Arizona, i think things could happen for the better. But until we are all on the same page with our illegal mess, things are just going to get worse. Where i live i have truly never been bothered by Illegals at all. I have realitives who live in the E.C. who are screaming that the illegals are coming in, and they hate it.

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
You should be offended, we all should be, when the Pro-Illegal side start with the nonsense. Every time some "law" blocks their relatives from some type of personal gain they claim the law is unjust.

Can't drive? Unjust law
Can't work legally? Unjust law
Can't walk across the border without reason? Unjust law
Can't work under the table for cash and skip taxes? Unjust law
Can't get free College? Unjust law
Can't get free surgery? Unjust law

This list of demands is endless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Nothing complex about it at all

Secure the border, Enforce the laws of the United States

Those who tell you it is racism or xenophobia are lying !

I consider it an insult to mine and every Americans intelligence the way this and past administrations have down played our National Security along the southern border.
People will always use the race card. I have been called racist so many times, over and over and over. They don't understand illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. My dad used to call ICE on illegal immigrants. Brazilian ones. Was he a racist too? Please...

I have faith Americans will wake up. I just hope it's sooner than later...

Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
People will always use the race card. I have been called racist so many times, over and over and over. They don't understand illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. My dad used to call ICE on illegal immigrants. Brazilian ones. Was he a racist too? Please...

I have faith Americans will wake up. I just hope it's sooner than later...
The word "racist" has lost almost all meaning from over use by those out or debate, discussion and argument. It is the last card in the hand played out of desperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration