U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
And very specifically them! I can't even count the number of times I've read an illegal alien or one of their supporters say "Close the borders, THEN legalize those already here!" Well Damn! where's their compassion? Are those countrymen left behind any less deserving? Why aren't they screaming for the rights of those left behind?
I'll tell you why. Because they are the most selfish , self righteous beings I've ever seen. They don't care about anyone else, just give them what they want, the hell with everyone else.
All their rationalizations fall by the wayside if it doesn't benefit them directly. Are the conditions back home going to improve so drastically that no one else should be accepted? No...but they could care less as long as they get their way.
Personally, I'm fed up with the 'me first, middle and last. Forget everyone else.' Attitude. I want them ALL gone. They lose all credibility when they insist that they are deserving, but they are the only ones.
I keep hearing how their family values and morals make them good candidates.They would turn on their own family if it meant they'd get their goal. In my opinion these types are the bottom of the barrel and the last thing our country needs.
Yeppers.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,353,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
My dad was born in Brazil. He was the child of farmers. My grandmother had 5 children; 3 daughters and 2 sons.

They were poor and had no education whatsoever. My grandmother could barely write and read up until the day she passed away.

My dad and his siblings ( minus one of my aunts ) didn't want the same future for themselves.

So they immigrated LEGALLY to the US and Canada.

Now please enlighten me on why those who choose to come here illegally are being defended so fervently?

Are you trying to say they are better than my family who chose to abide by the law?!
You SHOULD be offended.

It's your family that will be disrespected if Obama grants amnesty to the illegal aliens.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:11 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,465,652 times
Every illegal alien here is showing disrespect to us legal citizens and this bad thing they have done needs to be settled and they need to be punished because of their disrespect

Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
wait ! wait ! I thought the Dominicans were bit----g about the Haitians invading their country and taking their jobs, trashing their country.......
Wow ! I would like to hear more about the tension between Puerto Rico and the Domincan Republic. I didn't know.
In Puerto Rico, since we're the only developed island in the Caribbean, and the DR is right next door, they come on boats and rafts to make it to the shores of Puerto Rico, where by then they can pop an anchor or 2, or 3 out, and then they won't get deported. After a while, they either stay on the island, looking for work that doesn't exist, and therefore make the crime rate go through the roof with drug trafficking, or they make their way to the New York City area, more specifically the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan.

My father grew up in San Josť, which was a working class neighborhood back in the day, and the illegals were looking for cheap places to live so they started settling in San Josť. Then the crime and the drug dealing dramatically rose years later, and that neighborhood is now a hotbed of criminal activity, same with Barrio Obrero, another Dominican stronghold. Now, these places weren't exactly living la vida loca either, but the crime rate was like half of what it was before they started pouring in by the hundreds, thousands. Most of the Dominicans that live in Puerto Rico, illegal and anchor, occupy the lowest level of the social strata for the most part. And you can tell who they almost all are, they have almost black skin (just like almost all the illegal Mexicans coming in are brown and Native American looking) because in the DR they are descendants of slaves and therefore stayed poor.

In New York there's also tensions amongst the Nuyoricans (that's what we call Puerto Rican migrants who were born and raised in New York, since they've developed their own distinct identity and local dialect separate from Puerto Rico) and the Dominicans as well for similar reasons although I think the reasons are more like rivalry than disdain, because both communities in New York were made of the poor from both sides.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:42 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,659,098 times
I didn't know about any of that. I had no clue whatsoever! I have a co-worker who is Dominican and hates Puerto Ricans...as well one who is half Puerto Rican, half Dominican and doesn't like Puerto Ricans either.

I guess what you said explains it all!

And yes, you are right. Dominicans look much different. When I first met this co-worker of mine ( the Dominican one ), I thought he was black. I didn't know he was Hispanic.

I am sorry you guys have to put up with that. I guess we are so focused on the US / Mexico border that we seem to forget our territories are also being "invaded".

What a shame!!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 01:14 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,970,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Now please enlighten me on why those who choose to come here illegally are being defended so fervently??
In the first place, Kickass, no one cares whether you are offended or not. In America, we can express our opinions openly and we don't care if that offends others.

My ancestors were illegal immigrants. They came here in 1638 and, with the help of their potent European diseases, pushed the Indians off their land. The Indians were not able to stop the Europeans, and look where it got them.

That is why we need to enforce our immigration laws better.

Oh, the reason the illegals are being defended is because some people think they have the same rights as U.S. citizens. We can't change those people's opinions, but we can sure outvote them.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:54 PM

17,286 posts, read 25,022,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman91 View Post
All right, sorry about that. I can see why your frustrated, but the whole illegal immigration debate thing is just so complex. I don't which side is better for the country because the debate is controlled by idiots!

Sorry I yelled at you.
What's complex about it?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Either you are an invited resident and immigrant to the United States, or you are not.

Either I rent a room in your house with permission, or I sneak in the window, set up my belonings without permission, and then demand the right to stay there when you demand I leave. What is complex about you saying I should GET OUT of your house in that situation?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What's complex about it?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Either you are an invited resident and immigrant to the United States, or you are not.

Either I rent a room in your house with permission, or
Quote:
I sneak in the window, set up my belonings without permission, and then demand the right to stay there when you demand I leave.
What is complex about you saying I should GET OUT of your house in that situation?
Quote:
I sneak in the window, set up my belonings without permission, and then demand the right to stay there when you demand I leave.
It's called "squatters rights".
That's one way my community in
SoCal was taken over.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:06 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
In the first place, Kickass, no one cares whether you are offended or not. In America, we can express our opinions openly and we don't care if that offends others.

My ancestors were illegal immigrants. They came here in 1638 and, with the help of their potent European diseases, pushed the Indians off their land. The Indians were not able to stop the Europeans, and look where it got them.

That is why we need to enforce our immigration laws better.

Oh, the reason the illegals are being defended is because some people think they have the same rights as U.S. citizens. We can't change those people's opinions, but we can sure outvote them.
Then illegals and their supporters need to stop WHINING about being called illegal invaders, right?

Old 02-05-2011, 02:06 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,659,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What's complex about it?

Either I rent a room in your house with permission, or I sneak in the window, set up my belonings without permission, and then demand the right to stay there when you demand I leave. What is complex about you saying I should GET OUT of your house in that situation?

But we can't do that. That would be wrong thing to do! They are hard working people who just want a better life for their families. They are fleeding poverty.

I mean what would you do if you lived in a country like Mexico? Wouldn't you want to live in a better place, where you could get government assistance at no cost!

Where is the heart of the American people? We are all children of God.

Besides who do you think you are, wanting to kick out all the brown people from this country! Remember you are here illegally too! The Native Americans were the only legal residents of this

country. And you white people managed to kill them! You are all a bunch of racist people!!! Go back to where you came from!!!!

Yeah, I've heard all of these "arguments" and more when trying to explain why they should not be here. I have tried to explain it Barney style, just like you and this is what I get!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or