U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,932,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's true. Most of the Mexicans coming on over here are of indigenous extraction that didn't complete school and are from the poor rural areas. So they come here to send money back to their families so they can live the middle class life without having to do much, except steal American jobs
And one of the reasons why the upper echelons of Mexican society are not keen on anti-illegal immigration efforts by this country. It shifts the burden of handling Mexico's poor to the United States for us to 'solve' thereby relieving the Mexican government of the responsibility. We've become the 'rug' that Mexico likes to sweep its problems under.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
The bolded part above needs to be repeated. That is the problem...the majority of those here illegally are hispanic and that's a fact. So of course it's going to LOOK like "brown people" are being targeted when going after illegals. As someone had posted way back..."if you want to go fishing for bass, where do you go? To the lake that is full of bass or the lake without?" If you want to go after illegals you do need to look at hispanic communities...it's called reality. And when a group of people keep calling attention to themselves they shouldn't moan and cry when they get that attention.

We all have a heritage but it shouldn't define who we are...We are Americans first and foremost. I am an American above all else with Irish and German ancestry (I DO NOT identify as Irish-American or German-American but simply AMERICAN) and that means my loyalty is with Americans, not Irish or Germans. We need to drop the hyphens and get back to being a melting pot and not a salad bar.
This Chicano, me, dont like illegal aliens. Even Hispanic ones cause they make us look real bad.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:52 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
And one of the reasons why the upper echelons of Mexican society are not keen on anti-illegal immigration efforts by this country. It shifts the burden of handling Mexico's poor to the United States for us to 'solve' thereby relieving the Mexican government of the responsibility. We've become the 'rug' that Mexico likes to sweep its problems under.
It's true. In much of Latin America, they blame the U.S. for their problems

Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Im an Uncle Juan.

When those big marches in 2006 for amnesty happened: my heart said no mas. Cause those people make us Chicanos look real bad. We have enough hassles WITHOUT the illegals.

Thank you Erik, for your wise wisdom. I have Spanish blood in me and though not Mexican, some of my best friends are Mexicans, born in this Country, and believe me consider themselves Americans, that is the difference, they feel they are American first with Mexican heritage. They get more pisse- off then me about thier Race coming here illegally, you don't want to know what comes out of their mouths, and they make no bones about how they feel. They feel that illegal immigration hurts our Country and degrades us, and this is Americans of Mexican Heritage talking and extremely intelligent people.

Does not make a difference what Nationality a illegal is, if they come to this Country illegally, they are all the same in my book and no different.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,235,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
The bolded part above needs to be repeated. That is the problem...the majority of those here illegally are hispanic and that's a fact. So of course it's going to LOOK like "brown people" are being targeted when going after illegals. As someone had posted way back..."if you want to go fishing for bass, where do you go? To the lake that is full of bass or the lake without?" If you want to go after illegals you do need to look at hispanic communities...it's called reality. And when a group of people keep calling attention to themselves they shouldn't moan and cry when they get that attention.

We all have a heritage but it shouldn't define who we are...We are Americans first and foremost. I am an American above all else with Irish and German ancestry (I DO NOT identify as Irish-American or German-American but simply AMERICAN) and that means my loyalty is with Americans, not Irish or Germans. We need to drop the hyphens and get back to being a melting pot and not a salad bar.
You're specifically outing a group of Americans yet talk about everyone dropping hypens. You just intellectually contradicted yourself.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
You're specifically outing a group of Americans yet talk about everyone dropping hypens. You just intellectually contradicted yourself.
I realise this may be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but illegals of any nationality are not "hyphenated Americans" of any description as they are foreign nationals NOT Americans.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:55 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,235,952 times
^No reason to be hostile, I don't think you understood what I wrote.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
My dad was born in Brazil. He was the child of farmers. My grandmother had 5 children; 3 daughters and 2 sons.

They were poor and had no education whatsoever. My grandmother could barely write and read up until the day she passed away.

My dad and his siblings ( minus one of my aunts ) didn't want the same future for themselves.

So they immigrated LEGALLY to the US and Canada.

Now please enlighten me on why those who choose to come here illegally are being defended so fervently?

Are you trying to say they are better than my family who chose to abide by the law?!
I'm glad you brought this up. I think all this illegal immigration is a real slap in the face to those who jump through the many hoops set up for them to legally immigrate here.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:34 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
^No reason to be hostile, I don't think you understood what I wrote.
I wasn't being hostile, I was being helpful

Old 02-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
I see no discussion here, only repetition of what's been said already a million times, a lot of anger, a couple of attempts (some semi successful) at a thread hijack and a bunch of off topic poss. This looks like a recipe for a disaster, I'm closing this before I'll be forced to ban people.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or