Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The word "racist" has lost almost all meaning from over use by those out or debate, discussion and argument. It is the last card in the hand played out of desperation.
Especially when a certain segment of pro illegal (so sorry "immigrants rights") activist groups spout so much ethnocentric rhetoric - all for "the race" or "hispanics/"latinos", then pillory the anti illegals with "you just hate brown people" lol

Here's a hint for them. If you don't want your group targeted then stop bringing attention to the fact that over 70% of those here illegally are a certain ethnic group.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
People will always use the race card. I have been called racist so many times, over and over and over. They don't understand illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. My dad used to call ICE on illegal immigrants. Brazilian ones. Was he a racist too? Please...

I have faith Americans will wake up. I just hope it's sooner than later...
I'm Puerto Rican and I've seen illegal invaders from the Dominican Republic trash the island into oblivion and now it's as dangerous living there as in some parts of Brazil. Our murder rate is similar to Rio de Janeiro! Already in the beginning of February and we already have about 100 murders already and the population is only 3.9 million. Narcotrafficking is the main cause of these killings and the illegal Dominicans keep popping anchors out, and there are no jobs so they turn to dealing drugs.

And of course if you're Hispanic and you speak out against illegals, then you're a gringo lover, traitor, or Uncle Juan (play on an Uncle Tom)

Old 02-04-2011, 04:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm Puerto Rican and I've seen illegal invaders from the Dominican Republic trash the island into oblivion and now it's as dangerous living there as in some parts of Brazil. Our murder rate is similar to Rio de Janeiro! Already in the beginning of February and we already have about 100 murders already and the population is only 3.9 million. Narcotrafficking is the main cause of these killings and the illegal Dominicans keep popping anchors out, and there are no jobs so they turn to dealing drugs.

And of course if you're Hispanic and you speak out against illegals, then you're a gringo lover, traitor, or Uncle Juan (play on an Uncle Tom)
and yet the DR is complaining bitterly about the Haitian illegals.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:58 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,487,523 times
Quote:

Im an Uncle Juan.

When those big marches in 2006 for amnesty happened: my heart said no mas. Cause those people make us Chicanos look real bad. We have enough hassles WITHOUT the illegals.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,692,134 times
I agree. Rewarding illegal criminals for breaking the law is just a slap to the face of all those who followed our country's immigration rules and came here legally.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:37 PM

910 posts, read 1,673,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Im an Uncle Juan.

When those big marches in 2006 for amnesty happened: my heart said no mas. Cause those people make us Chicanos look real bad. We have enough hassles WITHOUT the illegals.
I have to wonder if they realize the trouble their behavior can cause for legal immigrants of the same ethnic group. It seems that the pro-illegal crowd is just selfish and nothing more, with no real attention being paid to the side effects of what they do.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,487,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
I have to wonder if they realize the trouble their behavior can cause for legal immigrants of the same ethnic group. It seems that the pro-illegal crowd is just selfish and nothing more, with no real attention being paid to the side effects of what they do.
The illegals DONT care. It's all about them.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:28 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,605,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman91 View Post
Absolutely not! Almost no one on this forum defends illegal immigrants and no is saying that they're better than your parents. People like you irritate me with your self-righteousness!
I don't think she sounds self-righteous. I think she sounds MAD ! She hasn't said how long it took to get in this country and/or Canada or how much it cost....I'm sure it took longer that a walk across the border. they did it the right way. WELCOME !

Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,605,504 times
Quote:
wait ! wait ! I thought the Dominicans were bit----g about the Haitians invading their country and taking their jobs, trashing their country.......
Wow ! I would like to hear more about the tension between Puerto Rico and the Domincan Republic. I didn't know.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM

166 posts, read 246,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
The illegals DONT care. It's all about them.
And very specifically them! I can't even count the number of times I've read an illegal alien or one of their supporters say "Close the borders, THEN legalize those already here!" Well Damn! where's their compassion? Are those countrymen left behind any less deserving? Why aren't they screaming for the rights of those left behind?
I'll tell you why. Because they are the most selfish , self righteous beings I've ever seen. They don't care about anyone else, just give them what they want, the hell with everyone else.
All their rationalizations fall by the wayside if it doesn't benefit them directly. Are the conditions back home going to improve so drastically that no one else should be accepted? No...but they could care less as long as they get their way.
Personally, I'm fed up with the 'me first, middle and last. Forget everyone else.' Attitude. I want them ALL gone. They lose all credibility when they insist that they are deserving, but they are the only ones.
I keep hearing how their family values and morals make them good candidates.They would turn on their own family if it meant they'd get their goal. In my opinion these types are the bottom of the barrel and the last thing our country needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.