Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,854,090 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants: City-federal effort to oust illegal immigrants in Escondido draws praise, criticism - latimes.com
This effort needs to be ramped up and employed through ALL of California.

Time to Deport ALL Illegal Aliens, their Parasitic Families and their Anchor Babies can go with them, afterall they always cry about tearing families apart when in reality they are free to go WITH the Deportee !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Illegal immigrants: City-federal effort to oust illegal immigrants in Escondido draws praise, criticism - latimes.com
This effort needs to be ramped up and employed through ALL of California.

Time to Deport ALL Illegal Aliens, their Parasitic Families and their Anchor Babies can go with them, afterall they always cry about tearing families apart when in reality they are free to go WITH the Deportee !!!
Quote:
By Richard Marosi, Los Angeles Times
February 4, 2011, 5:11 p.m.

Reporting from Escondido —
It was just an inconvenient traffic stop on the way through town for Javier Barrera Saldivar. Police had spotted the broken tail light on his car, and he figured he'd get a fix-it ticket and be on his way. But federal immigration officers soon rolled up, wielding handcuffs and Barrera's mug shot on a cellphone.
Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection. Please provide a link to the original source
I loved this article. Someone is finally doing something in California about "the problem".

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2011 at 05:14 AM..

Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,005,267 times
Wow, I'm amazed that California is finally coming around. I didn't think that would ever happen.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 PM

185 posts, read 398,092 times
So sad what happened to Escondido. I had some family that has lived there for the past 35 years. It use to be very rural and every house had atleast a few acres. A nice smallish town feel within a half hour drive to downtown San Diego. The area is one of the biggest growers of avacados so the migrant workers would come up and pick and then head back down the Mexico. That was back when they were actually migrant and legal. Within the past 15 years the whole area has gone downhill and feels like Mexico and you can't find anyone to speak English. You can still drive back to the really old neighborhoods of Esco and see what once was. With the huge migration there has just been rows and rows of subdivisions built up. Exact same thing happened to San Marcos...Best of luck to them, hope it works.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 AM

4,865 posts, read 5,654,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Wow, I'm amazed that California is finally coming around. I didn't think that would ever happen.
Let's just hope the rest of the country follows.

I wish that would happen up here in Massachusetts. I know we are not close to the US / Mexico border but my state is being overrun by illegal immigrants...and our governor refuses to do anything about it. Au contraire, he wants to give them in-state tuition ( I am aware that other states give them that benefit already ), driver's licenses etc.

And Deval Patrick ( Mass Gov. ) happens to be close to Obama. Are you surprised?

The liberals who side with these criminals will be the death of this country.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:22 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,480,805 times
I just hope it's not to late for CA, as I'm opposed to ANY
bailout because of their policies that have sent them
to the poor house

No country in the world can allow unlimited immigration. If America opened its borders to all those who wish to live here, hundreds of millions of people would come here. That would, of course, mean the end of the United States economically and culturally.

The liberal mindset in this country is the biggest problem today. Not one person from the left has been able to discuss and debate the actual points that the moderates and conservatives have made about the actions and policies of the current administration. They can't because they know that Obama is the single worst president in the history of the country and his policies have failed and are actually making things worse. illegal aliens is just one example. So all the left can do is start name calling, which is exactly what has happened.

This is why the left only gets a brief bit of power and then the country snaps back to reality and votes in a moderate or conservative and just plain common sense.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,593,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Let's just hope the rest of the country follows.

I wish that would happen up here in Massachusetts. I know we are not close to the US / Mexico border but my state is being overrun by illegal immigrants...and our governor refuses to do anything about it. Au contraire, he wants to give them in-state tuition ( I am aware that other states give them that benefit already ), driver's licenses etc.

And Deval Patrick ( Mass Gov. ) happens to be close to Obama. Are you surprised?

The liberals who side with these criminals will be the death of this country.
What about Mitt Romney, as I recall his grandparents renounced their US citizenship going to Mexico to practice Polygamy. They returned later, never having their citizensship restored, bringing young George, born iin Mexico with them. Apparently you want Georges son Mitt deported?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,484,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
What about Mitt Romney, as I recall his grandparents renounced their US citizenship going to Mexico to practice Polygamy. They returned later, never having their citizensship restored, bringing young George, born iin Mexico with them. Apparently you want Georges son Mitt deported?
Mitt was born before 1986. The year my nana was made legal, she was born in Juarez but spent most of her life in Texas. No big deal then cause the illegals stayed quiet.

Wasnt Mitts mom an American? I heard about George being a paisa which surpized me.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:23 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,797,751 times
Quote:
Mitt can't get deported, because he's a US citizen. And he's eligible to run for president because he was born in Detroit, MI did MM miss that one? And btw Mitt's father lived in the U.S. by the time the amnesty came around, so he would have become a US citizen anyway . Another thing to consider, if George was an illegal, how then was he elected to be Governor of Michigan

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/how_can_panamanian-born_mccain_be_elected_president.html (broken link)

Old 02-05-2011, 12:34 PM

11,573 posts, read 13,885,731 times
Quote:
Never run out of excuses for the illegals do ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration