Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I'm standing up because the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in wars for this country, and for the U.S. flag can't stand up.
There is no one on earth who could argue with that logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 01:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
This is the problem of the government failing to do it's job. People along the SW are constantly harassed by illegals who even come into their houses to take food, leave a garden hose running after taking water, and kill livestock to eat.

I had "hispanic" friends who lived right on the border and ended up moving because their mother was home alone and of course many illegals coming over the illegal crossing points are actually dangerous criminals, not all of course but there are no background checks. Everything not bolted down was stolen from them. Of course the illegals are thirsty, hungry, desperate but why should Americans have to live that way?

No it's not right to walk up to an illegal and kick him - but the government needs to do it's job.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
On this case though - if the illegals were on the man's property, they had absolutely no right to be there. Just because someone is here illegally does not give that person some special right to trespass and use American citizens' property as they please.

Illegals do not have the right to set up camps or shanty houses or stay on any part of my property. They don't have a right to kill my pets, enter my home, steal my social security number or identification, take anything I have - yet that kind of thing is common and the open borders proponents try to justify that. They want their ultra cheap labor so bad that they will justify anything.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:59 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Barnett lost the lawsuit because he kicked, threatened, harassed and pointed the gun at illegal immigrants. Some of these "Shawna Forde Patriotic wannabes" think they can get away with this type of abuse. I've got news, three judge panel of the 9th Circuit Courts of Appeal has upheald the ruling against Roger Barnett.

Arizona rancher: Judgment upheld against Arizona rancher who detained illegal immigrants - latimes.com
Roger is a personal friend of mine and would NEVER put his hands (or foot in this matter) on a women.

This whole case is an absolute joke. I guess if someone breaks into your home and you hold them at gunpoint til the cops arrive, you can expect to get sued and pay the CRIMINAL money.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:03 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Do Mexican vigilantes have the right? They do a lot more of this than any other.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do Mexican vigilantes have the right? They do a lot more of this than any other.
This Chicano aint about to find out. In Mexico im just a pocho.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
The 9th Circuit is the most reversed appeals court in the country. Routinely their unanimous decisions are overturned unanimously by the Supreme Court.

Hopefully this will go to the Supreme Court.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,178 times
Just because it's more reversed by the SC doesn't mean they are wrong. It only means that they are of a different philosophical stripe than the SC...you know, the folks who say that corporations are entitled to give unlimited amounts of money to political candidates.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
Just because it's more reversed by the SC doesn't mean they are wrong. It only means that they are of a different philosophical stripe than the SC...you know, the folks who say that corporations are entitled to give unlimited amounts of money to political candidates.
They're wrong. Their are liberals on the Supreme Court and they don't even cosign with the 9th Circuit's foolishness.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Now they're "peaceful migrants"? Excuse me while I fetch the barf bag................

Interesting snippet left out of the article posted in the OP from another source...

It seems of the 24 illegals detained by Barnett, 16 filed charges, but the "civil rights violation" suits of 12 were disallowed and eventually it was only the 4 women who were succesful filing suit.

Quote:
She said the four women had been granted U.S. visas as crime victims assisting authorities, and at least three of them have applied for legal residence.
What a nice little "jackpot" for them. Whatever happened to the law that criminals shouldn't profit from their crimes anyway, or does that only apply to legal US citizens and residents?

Slain U.S. judge's ruling upheld in immigrant case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration