U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times

Advertisements

Have you not heard...the real threat is the....Canadian border.: eek:

Old 02-06-2011, 08:35 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I find it interesting that people are dismissing an FBI statistic because it does not favor their own beliefs. This should not stop people from protecting the border, from wanting a fence or the right technology to detect trespassers. However, one should be honest with the situation. Southwest border's crime is among the lowest in the entire nation.
It is really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Illegal aliens have no right to be here whether they commit crimes or not and that is the bottom line that the pro-illegal advocates can't argue with therefore they use less crime stats where they are at, doing jobs Americans won't do, a net benefit economically to our country, who will pick our fruits and veggies, etc. as an excuse to justify their presence here.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:42 AM

10,833 posts, read 11,566,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Local stats for border communities from San Diego to Brownsville show crime rates lower than the national average.
I hope your not implying that illegals simply cross the border and that's where they stay? If so, you're severely misinformed and/or uneducated on the matter.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I hear the hysteria about the border, especially from those in the Phoenix area and scratch my head. I can see the border from my house and rarely see an illegal. If there were as many as there are Border Patrol, I would be shocked. I don't even see them at the car wash because Border Patrol brings their vehicles there. The Demonization of illegals is the crowning glory of the fright media.
I do however, blame Butch Napolitano for abandoning Arizona and leaving Frau Brewer in charge
Yet Phoenix is the second kidnapping capital of the world. People are being beaten for ransom money in Phoenix - it's a big crime but many upper class types refuse to see those crimes because it isn't happening to them and they really don't care what is going on below the radar as long as they get their plentiful servant class showing up to work very cheap.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:51 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I find it interesting that people are dismissing an FBI statistic because it does not favor their own beliefs. This should not stop people from protecting the border, from wanting a fence or the right technology to detect trespassers. However, one should be honest with the situation. Southwest border's crime is among the lowest in the entire nation.
I find it interesting that an agency known for tracking statistics of every kind dont track crime statistics committed by illegals.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
The death rate along the border alone should indicate to people that there's a problem. Human smuggling organizations are run by the very violent cartels of Mexico and they hold illegals for ransom, abandon them in the desert without food and water, even lock them inside unventilated semi-trailers and train box cars -- those might not be viewed as crimes but they should be.

The problem is very much like slavery in the past. The slave masters didn't really care what it took to bring them their cheap labor, and today the employers of illegals also don't care. You don't see the employers shed one tear over dead dehydrated illegals as they can always get plenty more.

Napoliano is in the pocket of the cheap labor lobby - that's obvious. She will defend illegal immigraton to the end because it's all about lowering of wages, quick profits and a very large servant class for her fellow elites.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Local stats for border communities from San Diego to Brownsville show crime rates lower than the national average.
Could that be because the illegals have moved north from the border?

Less likely to be looked for away from the border and the crime rates farther north seem to be rising.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I hear the hysteria about the border, especially from those in the Phoenix area and scratch my head. I can see the border from my house and rarely see an illegal. If there were as many as there are Border Patrol, I would be shocked. I don't even see them at the car wash because Border Patrol brings their vehicles there. The Demonization of illegals is the crowning glory of the fright media.
I do however, blame Butch Napolitano for abandoning Arizona and leaving Frau Brewer in charge
It's pretty clear the ILLEGALS are smarter then you think
why would they hang around border cities

Another weak effort degenerating into typical liberal name calling.

Clearly the Government is the problem, and your conditioned to believe the government despite any facts !

Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
People like her is why this country is in the shape it is today.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
It's pretty clear the ILLEGALS are smarter then you think
why would they hang around border cities

Another weak effort degenerating into typical liberal name calling.

Clearly the Government is the problem, and your conditioned to believe the government despite any facts !
Enforcement has doubled in the past two years and the the tide on the border has turned. The problem is the millions who came here in the decades of neglect. When government shows some willingness to prossecute the businesses like meat packing and poultry which exist on exploiting them, progress can be made
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration