Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
It doesn't make much sense to shell out $12,000-$20,000 and go on such a roundabout journey when they could easily apply for a tourist visa, fly directly here, and overstay their visitation limit.
There may be something in their background that prevents them from getting a visa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 06:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Many, overstay their visas.

There are pockets of neighborhoods here, where they are the majority. Just like those SOB do.

There is no assimilation.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
There may be something in their background that prevents them from getting a visa.
Yes - often it's the riff-raff that "must" come here illegally as they have no ability to obtain a visa.

The fact that people are still coming here with our sky high unemployment rates is proof that many aren't coming to work. In fact those demanding refugee status are usually after the government refugee assistance - big money just by claiming to be some kind of victim - and you don't even have to produce a baby to get these handouts.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes - often it's the riff-raff that "must" come here illegally as they have no ability to obtain a visa.

The fact that people are still coming here with our sky high unemployment rates is proof that many aren't coming to work. In fact those demanding refugee status are usually after the government refugee assistance - big money just by claiming to be some kind of victim - and you don't even have to produce a baby to get these handouts.
and remember that those that are granted "asylum" aren't illegals, but reap the benefits of being legal residents.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I'd say given that Sikhs are the religious majority in the Punjab their claims are total BS
True. I have been to India often and have known many sikhs. They will probably laugh when they hear that they are being persecuted in India. These claims are only to get asylum and beat the system. Wanna bet, after the asylum, they all happily visit India to see their relatives? I guess our immigration brainiacs are not smart enough to see thru this.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I guess these are the Indians that can't qualify for an H1B visa. I'm not buying the "asylum" claims. Nice that they're let go on a bond and most don't even turn up for the hearing.
Unfortunately they'll find some bleeding heart judge to cosign.

I'm still livid over the Guatemalan woman asylum farce where Guatemalan woman are being offered asylum because supposedly they will be raped, abused or whatever simply for being a woman.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Well all these bleeding heart sob stories and their outcomes are all over the internet. It's not tha difficult for them to believe all they have to do is manage to get INTO this country somehow and they've hit the jackpot.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
First, it seems to me that the news is out to the world that if you want to get into the U.S., you get in via the Southern Border, but go figure on that one, huh?

Secondly, who is to say these guys and girls are from India? They can say or show that they are from anywhere, but they really may be from Pakistan or any surrounding area. Of course they are going to say they are from India (one of our supposed friends) and do we think they would tell us if terrorists were coming through the Southern border? We've already seen that they are though, so it doesn't matter.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 PM

3 posts, read 3,760 times
I agree with antarez..you people need to read more, learn facts. Indians dont need to come here illegally LOL

Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashaji View Post
I agree with antarez..you people need to read more, learn facts. Indians dont need to come here illegally LOL
You really think all Indians are eligible for legal visa? I think it's you that needs to read more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration