U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashaji View Post
I agree with antarez..you people need to read more, learn facts. Indians dont need to come here illegally LOL
Whatever in the world made you think indians are excluded from the immigration process?

They don't receive special treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
So funny because right here on this forum at lease once every day i here someone saying that we have lost our Freedoms. But to live in a land where you know of no freedoms, no freedom to express who you are, what you think, to express your feelings of the Government, are you kidding you can't. To be who you are, you can't express your feelings and act as we do in this Country, what are you kidding, i have friends who have lived abroard, and you know what as much as they love the expereiences of other Countries and there Cultures, they all cannot wait to get back to the States, infact one when reaching the ground of the U.S. kisses the ground no lie.

Just to be here on this forum and express our views for and against our Government should tell most of us, we have not lost our freedoms. To express our views on the President, tells us we have not lost our freedoms. It is those who have no freedoms at all, who want so desperatly to feel what it is like to have freedom, though they know nothing of it.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 PM

4,445 posts, read 5,168,213 times
They mock our laws:

Tri-Valley students can stay; US works out options - Hindustan Times

Old 02-10-2011, 08:03 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manmad View Post
We know how you people feel about immigrants. The people in charge of our coutnry will never address your complaints. Just learn to deal with it.

Same old tired mantra
Do you mean same old mantra of "enforce our laws"?

Who are "you people" exactly? Those who expect immigration laws to be enforced? Those who honestly recognize and acknowledge the difference between legal and illegal immigration?

Yes, I thought as much.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 PM

And what does going to Tri-Valley qualify one for besides cheating?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:56 AM

29 posts, read 87,457 times
Joining this thread late but hope to provide some clarity on this topic. Full disclosure: I am a US citizen of Indian heritage.
1. All illegal immigrants - Indian or otherwise - should be deported (at their cost if possible). I have no sympathy for anybody who has broken the law
2. Some of the illegals referenced in the article, may not be from India. Several cultures in neighboring Pakistan wear turbans or can speak Indian languages (Punjabi spoken by Indian Sikhs & Gujarati spoken by Patels, etc). Yes, some of these could be potential terrorists - sleepers or borderline cases
3. Sikhs (who wear turbans) and Patels (or other Gujarati's with last names like Shah, Mehta, Panchal, etc) are NOT persecuted in India. PERIOD. These claims are all bogus
4. I am of Indian origin, have lived & traveled extensively in India for more than 40 years. I know the geography, local conditions and Politics * very * well. Am familiar with the two political parties mentioned - Congress & Bharatiya Janata Party. With some creative imagination, these two major parties resemble our Democrats & Republicans.
5. Sikhs (who wear turbans) are very respected in India. Like another poster mentioned, the head of India is a Sikh. Sikhs are the "Texans" of India - large hearted, love to eat, drink & laugh. Well known as great engineers. Great part of the Indian military is made up of Sikhs. The state of Punjab, where most Sikhs hail from, is the most prosperous state in India. No persecution at all.
6. Patels (and other Gujarati) - come from a business community. Very business savvy and generally very rich. You will find them in the Motel, Gas Station businesses in US. In India, most of them are traders, shop-owners, business owners or Diamond merchants. Zero persecution again.
Both communities have plenty of representation in US (relatives/friends/networks who can help them).

Incidentally I have plenty of Sikhs & Patels who are friends in India. Great people, I grew up with them and know them well. Most of these are rich people - the ones who are trying to illegally enter our country are the not-so-well off specimens.

On another note, all those TriValley Indian students - largely from the Indian Hyderabadi community - know what they are getting into - a bogus institute which provides a route to short circuit the long legal immigration route. They are getting what they deserved. I pray that they are kicked out soon.

Bottom line, all these illegal immigrants are creating bogus stories. The lawyers who help them probably know this.

I waited for more than 10 years - away from wife, kids & family - to become an American citizen. Struggled through poverty & hardship and am now living the American dream.

If my family could bear the suffering - because we did things legally to immigrate - then so can others.

Deport all illegals - Indian or Hispanic or otherwise (preferably after extracting a fine to pay for the cost & trouble).

Old 02-14-2011, 12:39 PM

3,846 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Thanks for adding some clarity to the thread Rohanbasrur and a belated Welcome to you and your family that did things the Right Way.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:52 PM

How do Indians view Americans?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,856,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
How do Indians view Americans?
In general, very favorable - in fact, top 7 in the world.
Who loves you baby? Here are the 10 countries that like Americans the most - Chicago International Travel | Examiner.com

Note that India is a thriving democracy - about 3 times larger than the US. So their basic views are similar. Both have been negatively impacted by terrorism.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM

29 posts, read 87,457 times
I second that. Indians are fascinated by America & greatly admire our country. An American visiting any city or town or village in India, would be treated like royalty.

However Indians just cannot understand the politics behind America's continued support of Pakistan which is viewed to be a rogue state that breeds & shelters Islamic terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
In general, very favorable - in fact, top 7 in the world.
Who loves you baby? Here are the 10 countries that like Americans the most - Chicago International Travel | Examiner.com

Note that India is a thriving democracy - about 3 times larger than the US. So their basic views are similar. Both have been negatively impacted by terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or