U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM

4,445 posts, read 5,171,064 times

Advertisements

I know of an American/Indian marriage and the Indian family for ten years now does not want to know the American and the American is treated more like an invisible untouchable. I know India has a long history with terrorism which is sad and bloody. Also, remember that the American people have little say in what the politicians do with our tax dollars. If we did, more would spent on American education and health care instead of war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 PM

29 posts, read 87,473 times
I am indeed surprised. Perhaps there are some personal issues or other things going on behind the scenes...nothing to do with being American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I know of an American/Indian marriage and the Indian family for ten years now does not want to know the American and the American is treated more like an invisible untouchable.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,733,715 times
The illegal immigrants from India fly under the wire because they do not fly their flag as they protest in the streets spitting on this country making demands they are not entitled to like those from south of the border.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanbasrur View Post
I am indeed surprised. Perhaps there are some personal issues or other things going on behind the scenes...nothing to do with being American.
That was my first thought also, except that since the very beginning of the relationship, now more than ten years on, they wouldn't even speak to the American. I guess I am confused by the public vs. private view of Americans in this situation. It almost seems like remnants of the caste system still exists as if Americans are the untouchables. With this in mind, the surge of illegals is unsettling as I don't know which image is correct. Living in the Bay, area I come in contact with many Indians and some of them are great but then others seem to have a superior attitude which is off putting.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:52 PM

29 posts, read 87,473 times
If you search deeply, you will find some remnants of the Caste system in India - largely restricted to remote villages and other rural areas. Even so, this caste system is "between Indians". Outsiders - Americans and people from other countries - are simply not in the scheme of things and hence not judged to be upper or lower caste or such. Typically upper caste people are rich and lower caste people are poor - though that is changing fast. During my 40 years in India, frankly I read about the caste system in newspapers but never saw it manifest in person.

Actually in America, we have a quasi caste system - people are judged on the basis of how much money they have, at least where I live

Most Indians have a deep rooted inferiority complex. They are in awe of the white American.

A holier-than-thou attitude is indeed a big put off...what specific encounters made you feel that Indians have a superior attitude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
That was my first thought also, except that since the very beginning of the relationship, now more than ten years on, they wouldn't even speak to the American. I guess I am confused by the public vs. private view of Americans in this situation. It almost seems like remnants of the caste system still exists as if Americans are the untouchables. With this in mind, the surge of illegals is unsettling as I don't know which image is correct. Living in the Bay, area I come in contact with many Indians and some of them are great but then others seem to have a superior attitude which is off putting.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,670,868 times
Default and the ole BS is gettin a might deeper all the time !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Just the same old BS from your side it conveniently FAILS to comprehend the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL.

Reading comprehension is a MUST before replying ignorantly.

BTW it WILL get dealt with soon, as there are a lot of States that are broke and the Gravy Train is coming to an end.

Desperation, false attacks, spin, protests and playing the Race Card are being employed much more frequently as the Pro Illegal supporters know that the Anti Illegal Immigration side is gaining traction.
antarez ... !!! On The Money !

Precisely right on all counts ! It has gone well beyond the time for America's Patriotic Citizens to end the "Illegal Alien Madness" which is destroying whats left of this beloved nation !

It is not an impossible task ... together the combined and most resolute efforts of deeply concerned Americans along with their equally involved politicians may accomplish this urgent matter !

May we realise this great success in the very near future !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,670,868 times
Default How dare Those Ole "You People" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do you mean same old mantra of "enforce our laws"?

Who are "you people" exactly? Those who expect immigration laws to be enforced? Those who honestly recognize and acknowledge the difference between legal and illegal immigration?

Yes, I thought as much.
lifelongMOgal !!! ... Precisely Right !

Indeed ... "You People" are in final analysis the only remaining citizens who care a great deal about the welfare of their nation and its posterity.

You know ... the national pride and honor crowd who have that natural affection for this beloved country and its great history !

and then of course there are the other folks who absolutely do not give a rats arse about what happens to the nation regarding the acutely destructive "Nightmare Illegal Alien" situation that sadly does exists in America ! How utterly idiotic !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanbasrur View Post
If you search deeply, you will find some remnants of the Caste system in India - largely restricted to remote villages and other rural areas. Even so, this caste system is "between Indians". Outsiders - Americans and people from other countries - are simply not in the scheme of things and hence not judged to be upper or lower caste or such. Typically upper caste people are rich and lower caste people are poor - though that is changing fast. During my 40 years in India, frankly I read about the caste system in newspapers but never saw it manifest in person.

Actually in America, we have a quasi caste system - people are judged on the basis of how much money they have, at least where I live

Most Indians have a deep rooted inferiority complex. They are in awe of the white American.

A holier-than-thou attitude is indeed a big put off...what specific encounters made you feel that Indians have a superior attitude?
Many Americans have worked long and hard to build this country and our colleges while giving huge amounts of aid to other countries. Indians are coming here and taking our college seats on our tax dollars, then they take our jobs, while claiming Americans are too lazy to go to school and act like we need an Indian to lead us out of the dark (We only walked on the moon). I have heard many times that Amercians are lazy and don't want to go to school, but, how would they know as our college seats aren't available to us? I have seen high school student evaluations written by a non-American teacher who couldn't even construct a sentence. Health care is also a huge problem but I don't want to spend the rest of the month on that one - I just avoid going to the doctor as I speak English.

BTW, the Indian in the Indian/American relationship I mentioned claims his family has "nothing in common" with the American even though they never met her - bad karma!

This seems to be in contrast with the prior post claiming Indians like Americans. Very confusing.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:59 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Their claims don't pass the sniff test with me or with friends of mine from India.

Round 'em up and toss them back to India.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 PM

3,148 posts, read 3,210,342 times
Indian immigrants contribute a lot to the USA. one hundred thousand students come to USA for higher studies every year and they contribute nearly 2 billion dollars in USA economy every year.In many graduate schools, Indian students are sometimes 70-80% of the class strength in engineering courses . American universities are earning lot of money from indians. Indian immigrants have invested lot of money in motels and gas stations across the USA. Dont think that indians come here to beg. india is full of american businessman too. Walmart, mcdonalds, subway, pizza hut, hotel chains, boeing , arms dealers are getting billions of dollars of remittances from india too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or