Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:02 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Well, I invite you to look in the mirror with me because we Americans allowed this problem to become so huge that it is now out of our control...out of our government's control. Therefore, since it is ALL of our fault, why should LATINOS of dark skin be harassed? Why not target the main source and the root of the problem? Why do they want to make a SuBliminal law in order to target specifically Latinos? Why would you be okay with that? So since Latinos support legalization of immigrants, you want to "get back" at Latinos? You do realize that not all Latinos are in favor of legalization, right?
Yes I agree with you let's target the "Main Source" of Illegals.

And guess what that would be ??

Yes it's Mexico !!!!!

Therefore to target the "Main Source" you would be targeting foreign Latinos, who by the way generally look like American Latinos, see the problem???

I am against targeting Americans of Latino heritage, but unfortunately this issue is involving them because Illegal Latinos favorite hiding places are???

Yes they like to hide in neighborhoods, stores and places with Legal Latinos and where Americans of Latino heritage live.

I DO NOT want to "get back' at Latinos, I DO want their enablers (friends,families and employers) held accountable if involved.

If a White Male in a Blue car robs a bank, who do you think the cops are going to stop??? Yes others that match that description and others that fit that profile will be inconvenienced. If they are legit they have nothing to worry about do they? Same situation this issue has forced(by Illegals) onto the generally Law abiding Americans of Latino heritage.

I disagree with the uncontrollable part, there is a difference between not controlling and uncontrollable, unfortunately Obama and the Dems are using Illegal Aliens for Political gain by Lying to them about Amnesty (Obama promised he would deal with this in his first year) and this only encourages even more Illegals to enter the US on the false hope that they will be rewarded.

Like many people in the US I have friends and family(Legal) of Latino heritage and we wouldn't be having this conversation if our Government did it's job in the first place. Instead of looking back it's time to address this issue now and fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 06:01 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes I agree with you let's target the "Main Source" of Illegals.

And guess what that would be ??

Yes it's Mexico !!!!!

Therefore to target the "Main Source" you would be targeting foreign Latinos, who by the way generally look like American Latinos, see the problem???

I am against targeting Americans of Latino heritage, but unfortunately this issue is involving them because Illegal Latinos favorite hiding places are???

Yes they like to hide in neighborhoods, stores and places with Legal Latinos and where Americans of Latino heritage live.

I DO NOT want to "get back' at Latinos, I DO want their enablers (friends,families and employers) held accountable if involved.

If a White Male in a Blue car robs a bank, who do you think the cops are going to stop??? Yes others that match that description and others that fit that profile will be inconvenienced. If they are legit they have nothing to worry about do they? Same situation this issue has forced(by Illegals) onto the generally Law abiding Americans of Latino heritage.

I disagree with the uncontrollable part, there is a difference between not controlling and uncontrollable, unfortunately Obama and the Dems are using Illegal Aliens for Political gain by Lying to them about Amnesty (Obama promised he would deal with this in his first year) and this only encourages even more Illegals to enter the US on the false hope that they will be rewarded.

Like many people in the US I have friends and family(Legal) of Latino heritage and we wouldn't be having this conversation if our Government did it's job in the first place. Instead of looking back it's time to address this issue now and fix it.
Mexican illegals make us American Chicanos look REAL bad. Our rep aint the best and we dont need no additional bad attitudes againt us.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Well, I invite you to look in the mirror with me because we Americans allowed this problem to become so huge that it is now out of our control...out of our government's control. Therefore, since it is ALL of our fault, why should LATINOS of dark skin be harassed? Why not target the main source and the root of the problem? Why do they want to make a SuBliminal law in order to target specifically Latinos? Why would you be okay with that? So since Latinos support legalization of immigrants, you want to "get back" at Latinos? You do realize that not all Latinos are in favor of legalization, right?
No, "we" regular Americans did not allow this problem to accelerate, our government did. "We" had no control over it so "we" aren't going to roll over and allow these illegal aliens to remain in our country.

Where are Latinos of dark skin or any other skin tone being harassed? Why do you keep repeating that pro-illegal propaganda? What law is targeting Latinos specifically? Racial profiling is prohibited and Latinos can only be stopped and questioned during lawful contact just like anyone else. Once asked to produce valid I.D. (just like everyone else) there are no further questions about status in this country. What part of that aren't you and other Latinos not gettiing?

Why is it that so many Latino citizens want legalization for these illegal aliens? Gee, it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that most are ethnically like themselves, would it? Naw! I live in a state with lots of Latinos in it and I have observed a very tribal mentality among them. That is not good for our country because as Americans we should all put the laws and best interests of this country above our ethnic groups.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Benicar, I understand your point about separating the two (author and the law). However, you cannot tell me that the Constitution, in its original form, was not racist because it was and it served as a powerful tool to legalize so many atrocities against Blacks. Even when it was reformed, there were more laws written (subliminally) to prohibit Blacks from exercising their rights and preventing them from living free of discrimination. Voting tax comes to mind.

In the same way, SB1070 was written so that it would legalize harassment of those that have the stereotypical...brown skin. I sure hope it is overturned by the Circuit Courts of Appeal. If they really wanted to target the illegal immigration problem, there are other ways much more efficient than to go after people of the same color of skin in the streets.

Pearce is mentioned because he was the author of this jim crow law (my opinion as I have seen what it has done to the Latino community and my family in Arizona). He has always denied any connection to the KKK but now it is clear. Do I know that there are racists and bigots in, around and outside our own government and corporations? Of course, but at least this one has been caught and it is all out in the open for all to see.
Again, sb1070 was not written to harass legal Latinos nor was there any such language in the bill. No one is going after people because of their skin color. I get so sick of these lies.

It isn't a Jim Crow law either! Just what has it done to the legal Latino community or your family? It is "not" clear at all that Pearce has any connection to the KKK. He has denied it but the ethnocentrics are so desperate and hate the fact that sb1070 would indeed catch illegal aliens that they smear the writers of that law. It is the law you should be focusing on not those who wrote it and there is nothing in that law advocating racial profiling.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Benicar, I understand your point about separating the two (author and the law). However, you cannot tell me that the Constitution, in its original form, was not racist because it was and it served as a powerful tool to legalize so many atrocities against Blacks. Even when it was reformed, there were more laws written (subliminally) to prohibit Blacks from exercising their rights and preventing them from living free of discrimination. Voting tax comes to mind.

In the same way, SB1070 was written so that it would legalize harassment of those that have the stereotypical...brown skin. I sure hope it is overturned by the Circuit Courts of Appeal. If they really wanted to target the illegal immigration problem, there are other ways much more efficient than to go after people of the same color of skin in the streets.

Pearce is mentioned because he was the author of this jim crow law (my opinion as I have seen what it has done to the Latino community and my family in Arizona). He has always denied any connection to the KKK but now it is clear. Do I know that there are racists and bigots in, around and outside our own government and corporations? Of course, but at least this one has been caught and it is all out in the open for all to see.
Of course the original Constitution was racist; ergo, the various amendments intended to rectify legally sanctioned injustices. However, I have seen nothing racist or even tacitly racist included in SB 1070. Where does it legalize harassment of Hispanics or “brown” people? The bill simply mirrors the unenforced federal immigration law, and does not specify ANY ethnic or racial group. In fact, it explicitly prohibits racial profiling.

It is common knowledge that the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic/Latino/Mexican. Consequently, they will comprise the majority of apprehensions. I’m sorry, but that is not racism. Hispanics would not be the primary suspects if we had an equal representation of illegal aliens from other nationalities or ethnicities. But, when one group dominates illegal immigration, they will naturally receive the lion’s share of attention. Likewise, given that most pedophiles are men, women are far less likely to be suspected. Are men being discriminated against and harassed because they comprise the majority of arrests, prosecutions, and incarcerations for pedophilia? Or, are they the primary target because they’re the primary culprit?

Please do not compare SB 1070 to Jim Crow. Where in SB 1070 does it mandate separate Legal/Illegal water fountains or restrooms? Where does it deny illegal aliens equal access to public venues, lodging, restaurants, hospitals, or schools? Unlike black CITIZENS, illegal aliens and their supporters freely protest in Arizona without being hosed by police, or attacked by dogs. Furthermore, illegal aliens are treated far better than black CITIZENS during Jim Crow. Heck, I was born in Western PA far away from Jim Crow, and as a small child in the 60’s, we could only skate at the local rink on Thursday night. Yet, you think Hispanics are being discriminated against and harassed, and you consider their treatment analogous to Jim Crow? That’s an insult.

If Hispanics feel threatened, they are either here illegally, employ illegals, or have illegal family or friends. I know many Hispanics, and NONE fear being stopped by police or deported. My own son looks Latino, and he would have no problem visiting Arizona. Why? Because, he would not violate a law to warrant police involvement, and if necessary, could easily prove legal status.

If Russell Pearce is a racist, so be it. He has plenty of company from both sides of this issue. However, I will continue to support SB 1070 and the enforcement of our immigration laws, regardless of the motives or alleged racist affiliations of the author(s).

Last edited by Benicar; 02-08-2011 at 09:06 AM..

Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course the original Constitution was racist; ergo, the various amendments intended to rectify legally sanctioned injustices. However, I have seen nothing racist or even tacitly racist included in SB 1070. Where does it legalize harassment of Hispanics or “brown” people? The bill simply mirrors the unenforced federal immigration law, and does not specify ANY ethnic or racial group. In fact, it explicitly prohibits racial profiling.

It is common knowledge that the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic/Latino/Mexican. Consequently, they will comprise the majority of apprehensions. I’m sorry, but that is not racism. Hispanics would not be the primary suspects if we had an equal representation of illegal aliens from other nationalities or ethnicities. But, when one group dominates illegal immigration, they will naturally receive the lion’s share of attention. Likewise, given that most pedophiles are men, women are far less likely to be suspected. Are men being discriminated against and harassed because they comprise the majority of arrests, prosecutions, and incarcerations for pedophilia? Or, are they the primary target because they’re the primary culprit?

Please do not compare SB 1070 to Jim Crow. Where in SB 1070 does it mandate separate Legal/Illegal water fountains or restrooms? Where does it deny illegal aliens equal access to public venues, lodging, restaurants, hospitals, or schools? Unlike black CITIZENS, illegal aliens and their supporters freely protest in Arizona without being hosed by police, or attacked by dogs. Furthermore, illegal aliens are treated far better than black CITIZENS during Jim Crow. Heck, I was born in Western PA far away from Jim Crow, and as a small child in the 60’s, we could only skate at the local rink on Thursday night. Yet, you think Hispanics are being discriminated against and harassed, and you consider their treatment analogous to Jim Crow? That’s an insult.

If Hispanics feel threatened, they are either here illegally, employ illegals, or have illegal family or friends. I know many Hispanics, and NONE fear being stopped by police or deported. My own son looks Latino, and he would have no problem visiting Arizona. Why? Because, he would not violate a law to warrant police involvement, and if necessary, could easily prove legal status.

If Russell Pearce is a racist, so be it. He has plenty of company from both sides of this issue. However, I will continue to support SB 1070 and the enforcement of our immigration laws, regardless of the motives or alleged racist affiliations of the author(s).

I highlighted the most important part of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration