U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Reputation: 2661

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Let's see...

#1. He was here Illegally.

#2. He worked a JOB ILLEGALLY.

#3. Because he was unqualified to do the job he was hired to do he became permanently disabled.


Sounds to me like he rolled the dice and lost.

It's not my fault nor the taxpayers in Chicago to pay for his mistake.

That's life.
So we can all take an advantage of those we think illegal? Shot them in the streets?

There is no evidence that he worked illegally or that he was unqualified.

 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So we can all take an advantage of those we think illegal? Shot them in the streets?

There is no evidence that he worked illegally or that he was unqualified.
The was working here illegally. He's an illegal alien.
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,390,175 times
Reputation: 2345
If you refuse to obey our immigration and labor laws you should not be entitled to the protection of any our laws. Millions of Americans are uninsured. That is our problem. Our problem is not the care of indigent, illegal migrants. That is the problem of their home country.

This is a perfect illustration of the problems with illegal migrants. They want laws optional. If the law does not benefit them they feel free to ignore it. If the law could work to help them then of course the law must be immediately enforced.
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Land of debt and Corruption
7,526 posts, read 6,981,022 times
Reputation: 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So we can all take an advantage of those we think illegal? Shot them in the streets?

There is no evidence that he worked illegally or that he was unqualified.
Who exactly are you accusing of taking advantage of illegals? Your statement (about shooting them in the street) is over the top, rude, and completely uncalled for.

Nobody, not even the family of the illegal immigrant in this case is disputing his undocumented status so I am not sure why you even bring this point up.
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Who exactly are you accusing of taking advantage of illegals? Your statement (about shooting them in the street) is over the top, rude, and completely uncalled for.

Nobody, not even the family of the illegal immigrant in this case is disputing his undocumented status so I am not sure why you even bring this point up.
Look at the post again. See the quoted piece? Poster suggests illegals have no rights here and are fair game. You don't agree? Then you are on my side. Why are you throwing rocks then?

You poor folk who can't even decide which side of the issue you are on...
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,576 posts, read 3,842,805 times
Reputation: 4739
As far as I'm concerned, the plane could have landed, unloaded him on the tarmac, and taken back off. He's not entitled to anything here beyond the stabilizing treatment he received. For those who want the fed to pay for it, guess what? THE FEDS DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY - THE TAXPAYERS SUPPLY THAT!

Facts: He's a Mexican national in this country illegally. Now he's back in Mexico. Let them deal with it.

I think kudos are owed to the hospital for doing the environmentally correct thing of recyling the needed filters! They're thinking green! (Just want to give credit where credit is due, lest anyone think me unfair.)
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:52 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
If you refuse to obey our immigration and labor laws you should not be entitled to the protection of any our laws. Millions of Americans are uninsured. That is our problem. Our problem is not the care of indigent, illegal migrants. That is the problem of their home country.

This is a perfect illustration of the problems with illegal migrants. They want laws optional. If the law does not benefit them they feel free to ignore it. If the law could work to help them then of course the law must be immediately enforced.
See..another poster who thinks you should be able to just shoot them down..
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,093,084 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I agree-I feel bad for the guy that he got injured, but the fact remains that he never should have been here to start with.
I couldn't agree more.
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the plane could have landed, unloaded him on the tarmac, and taken back off. He's not entitled to anything here beyond the stabilizing treatment he received. For those who want the fed to pay for it, guess what? THE FEDS DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY - THE TAXPAYERS SUPPLY THAT!

Facts: He's a Mexican national in this country illegally. Now he's back in Mexico. Let them deal with it.

I think kudos are owed to the hospital for doing the environmentally correct thing of recyling the needed filters! They're thinking green! (Just want to give credit where credit is due, lest anyone think me unfair.)
So your position is that illegal is bad as long as they are not us but it is fine as long as those doing the illegal are us?

I think everyone agrees as long as they get to define them and us.
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Land of debt and Corruption
7,526 posts, read 6,981,022 times
Reputation: 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Look at the post again. See the quoted piece? Poster suggests illegals have no rights here and are fair game. You don't agree? Then you are on my side. Why are you throwing rocks then?

You poor folk who can't even decide which side of the issue you are on...
Perhaps you should re-read the quoted post. Nowhere in it does it state that illegals have no rights here or are "fair game" (to what I'm still unsure).

That poster was correct. He WAS here illegally and nobody other than you is questioning his undocumented status. He also took a job illegally (recall that it is illegal to hire undocumented workers?). What part of that do you not comprehend? Whether or not he was qualified to do the job is a moot point.

What rights are you referring to anyhow? The right to a lifetime of care provided free of charge? The only people in our country that are granted that are those on medicaid and medicare, which is not available to illegal aliens unless they are granted asylum in our country. This patient did not apply for, nor was he granted asylum so again, your point is moot. He does not qualify for lifetime medical care in our country, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top