Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,185,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We don't have non-persons in the United States of America.

And if you were any kind of knowledgable American you would know that.

Sorry, IMO illegal aliens are non-persons... invaders of the United States of America...

The U.S. Constitution protects the rights and freedoms of American citizens, not foreign nationals illegally residing in the United States.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Case-Study;-Our-Constitution-and-Illegal-Immigration&id=184896 (broken link)

Why don't you learn the US Constitution before you run off at the mouth....

Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,331,623 times
"Quadriplegic Illegal alien shipped back to Mexico against his will after 4 months of (free) care in US"

Awesome.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:33 PM

532 posts, read 1,055,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Sorry, IMO illegal aliens are non-persons... invaders of the United States of America...

Illegal aliens have NO RIGHTS in this country
One day, the doctrine of declaring human beings "non-persons" on the basis of their place of birth will be recognized as the same sort of repugnance that gave birth to the worst sorts of racist and fascist ideologies, the vile evils that manifested themselves through the daily trampling of human dignity in concentration camps. Its proponents will be frowned upon by history as supporters of Jim Crow laws are.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,320 times
Quote:
See..another poster who thinks you should be able to just shoot them down..
Shoot them? Of course not.

But pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a uninsured, law breaking Mexican national? Hell no. This morning I had two medical appointments. The first place made me wait over two hours before finally telling me they couldn't get the testing done that day. Why? Because I forgot my medical card. Never mind that I've been there a few dozen times before and they should have it on file. No medical card, no treatment. I left to get to the next medical appointment. Yet I pay over $500 a month for our family plan. Please explain to me why I should pay all that money AND pay for the care of a law breaking foreign national who did not bother to pay for his own insurance needs.

He's Mexican. Let him get care paid for by his fellow Mexicans. I certainly don't expect them to pay MY medical billls. Why should I have to pay for theirs?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,745,594 times
Quote:
Your refutation of the points lacks substance.
Oh, I'm not about to wade into that swamp of dreck currently passing as your argument. I have better things to do, like ram my head repeatedly into a brick wall.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,185,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
One day, the doctrine of declaring human beings "non-persons" on the basis of their place of birth will be recognized as the same sort of repugnance that gave birth to the worst sorts of racist and fascist ideologies, the vile evils that manifested themselves through the daily trampling of human dignity in concentration camps. Its proponents will be frowned upon by history as supporters of Jim Crow laws are.
Gimme a break, the ONLY ideology here is Mexican. The flagrant disregard of another countries laws.

The only "trampling of human dignity" here is the dignity of Americans being dragged in the mud by illegal aliens....

Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,320 times
Quote:
Sick/injured people are sick/injured people regardless of what side of an invisible line in the dirt they chanced to be born in, without any choice in the matter on their parts.
Fabulous.

My parents have serious medical issues. Some of their medical issues aren't totally covered by medicare. They're elderly but they've worked their entire lives in the United States. Since they didn't choose to live in the United States but were born here can I ship them both to Mexico and have Mexicans pay for their unmet medical care?

Borders matter. Every single nation has them. Why are Americans not allowed to control who comes here and who does not? Every other nation claims this right including Mexico. Were something similar happen to an American residing illegally in Mexico, we all know the Mexican government would unhesitatingly ship this person right back here even they preferred to remain in Mexico.

You're basically placing ALL the burdens of the world's poor on a single nation. How is that fair? Mexico is rich country with several billionaires including Carlos Slim who is supposedly the world's richest man. Why isn't he responsible for paying for the well being of his fellow Mexicans?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Gimme a break, the ONLY ideology here is Mexican. The flagrant disregard of another countries laws.

The only "trampling of human dignity" here is the dignity of Americans being dragged in the mud by illegal aliens....
Deesillustration.com, while perhaps not an explicitly white nationalist website, is most certainly heavily white populist and in line with the hyper-paleoconservatism of white supremacists. Among their other racist illustrations are depictions of Jewish control of Washington:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Fabulous.

My parents have serious medical issues. Some of their medical issues aren't totally covered by medicare. They're elderly but they've worked their entire lives in the United States. Since they didn't choose to live in the United States but were born here can I ship them both to Mexico and have Mexicans pay for their unmet medical care?
This is a "two wrongs make a right" logical fallacy.

Quote:
Borders matter.
This is an assertion, not an argument.

Quote:
Every single nation has them.
This is a logically fallacious attempt to infer the prescriptive from the descriptive, or an is-ought logical fallacy.

Quote:
Why are Americans not allowed to control who comes here and who does not? Every other nation claims this right including Mexico. Were something similar happen to an American residing illegally in Mexico, we all know the Mexican government would unhesitatingly ship this person right back here even they preferred to remain in Mexico.
This is a repetition of your earlier "two wrongs make a right" logical fallacy.

Quote:
You're basically placing ALL the burdens of the world's poor on a single nation. How is that fair? Mexico is rich country with several billionaires including Carlos Slim who is supposedly the world's richest man. Why isn't he responsible for paying for the well being of his fellow Mexicans?
This is a strawman, an imputation of a false position that I do not hold to me. Since that is the case, allow me to clearly specify that apart from regarding the existence of Mexico as morally illegitimate (along with all other nation-states, but perhaps more so because of the particularly violent nature of Castilian colonialism), I say that Carlos Slim and his fellow oligarchs should be expropriated.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM

884 posts, read 715,937 times
Quote:
Can I get a kleenex for that beautiful speech? NOT....

One day, the doctrine of human beings taking care of their own lives, and not depending on people from another country, will be the LAW..

Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Can I get a kleenex for that beautiful speech? NOT....

One day, the doctrine of human beings taking care of their own lives, and not depending on people from another country, will be the LAW..
This is a nonsensical statement based on the bias of your perceptions. No human beings "tak[e] care of their own lives"; the Agricultural Revolution gave way to divisions of labor that necessitate cooperation. Prior to that, bands of hunter-gatherers also benefited from mutual cooperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.