U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
This statement implies a formal or distinct agreement. Where is it? Where is the ratified treaty that all persons in a society sign upon obtaining legal competence that signifies agreement to "societal rules"?
The rules that govern immigration. People know them and follow them. Or rational people do.

Quote:
These are artificial constraints generated by unlawful status. Illegal/undocumented immigrants/residents are disenfranchised by artificial constraints on labor market mobility, so it is the inevitable consequence that there would be related problems.
That is your opinion. Illegal migrants are disenfranchised by their failure to obey our laws. The only problems are they ones they create. You might as well argue about constraints on child labor and minimum wage laws. The labor market might decide that we can legally employ ten year olds. But that's not what people want. Moral people anyway.

Quote:
This is incorrect, and based on a flawed and logically baseless assumption of the equal morality of all laws. You have not justified this, but have engaged in the logical fallacy of question begging.
That's your opinion. See, two can play that game.

People who refuse to obey our laws have no business whining about them.

Quote:
This is an assertion, not an argument.
So are most of your posts.

Quote:
All rational individuals pursue their own self-interest. Since you have failed to demonstrate any immoral action on the parts of illegal immigrants or residents, your conclusion is not supported by your premises, rendering your attempt at an argument invalid and unsound besides.
He pursued his own self interest. I am pursuing mine. I do not want to pay for his medical bills. You have yet to explain why he and his fellow illegal migrants should be allowed to pursue their own self interest but no else can.

It is immoral to ignore American employment law, evade taxes and drive without insurance. Yet most illegal migrants engage in these behaviors. Such behaviors have enormous financial consequences on many Americans. Under your own assertions ergo Americans should have the right to pursue their own self interest and demand they stop.

Quote:
This is an incoherent sentence fragment.
I'm sorry. I forgot to phrase it in pompous academic speak so you can understand my thoughts. I'll try to make sure to use as many SAT words as I can from now on.

Quote:
This is a fallacious depiction of a false set of choices between "lawful joining" and "unlawful joining." Since there are not equivalent opportunities for either, this is an inaccurate depiction. Addable to this is the fact that there is no moral basis for law creation in the U.S., since the nature of its creation was in the violation of the property rights of others.
America is no worse than any other country on the planet. Again every single country has immigration laws. Every single country enforces immigration laws. No one owes people who stupidly have seven children the right to find employment or health care for their decision to breed up excess people they can't feed or support.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
It's really quite simple. The man is a Mexican national. He's Mexico's problem not the American taxpayers. All the academic speak won't change that fact.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM

472 posts, read 627,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It's really quite simple. The man is a Mexican national. He's Mexico's problem not the American taxpayers. All the academic speak won't change that fact.
I agree 100%. Why is it so difficult for some folks to understand the meaning of "illegal alien"?

Why can not the Mexicans transfer him to one of their state of the art hospitals?

Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
BTW, Geronimo, where is your basis for this claim of "Mexicans here illegally"?
Quote:
But Quelino Ojeda Jimenez was in the U.S. illegally, and just before Christmas he was taken from the Oak Lawn hospital, loaded on an air ambulance and flown to Oaxaca, capital of the Mexican state where he was born.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Sick/injured people are sick/injured people regardless of what side of an invisible line in the dirt they chanced to be born in, without any choice in the matter on their parts.
Yada yada yada.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually no. The article made it clear that the best that the receiving facility can do is keep the guy alive for a while.

It is not even able to meet basic care standards. Anymore provide useful rehabilitation.
If the Hospital in Mexico was unsuitibe, then why did they accept him?

That hospital was suitible for a short term stay,
then they can move him on to another hospital with more suitable facilities.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Amazing thread. Not.
Of the 86 posts here, most should be deleted as either trolling or orphaned. I'm closing this instead of deleting to show you what a thread should not look like.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or