U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 PM

10,405 posts, read 8,387,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
8,000 illegal immigrants taken out of the arrest pool and $300K savings per week. Way to go using common sense and enforcing the law!

I wonder if Jerry Brown in paying attention in what that could mean for California's budget woes?
Gov. Moonbeam does not know what an I. A. is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 AM

1,150 posts, read 993,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You are correct, illegal aliens do have to go to trial before they can be deported. But not, as you allege for only "serious crimes"..... You'll find they go in front of a judge for almost any reason.

Do some research on the web.......
Immigration and Customs Enforcement has streamlined the deportation process, getting aliens in front of an immigration judge and out of the country more quickly. The agency doesnít take into account the alienís criminal status or wait for local agencies to go to trial.[/quote]

More illegal immigrants being deported before trial - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Last year only 3,400 illegals were deported. Hopefully this year hundreds of thousands of illegals will be deported...[/quote]

How can that be? For the past 6-7 years he government has been telling us there are 12,000,000 illegal aliens in the country, while admitting thousands cross the border illegally, or overstay their visas, every month. You don't suppose they're hiding the actual number, do you? I'm no math wizard, but something doesn't add up here.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,589,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Immigration and Customs Enforcement has streamlined the deportation process, getting aliens in front of an immigration judge and out of the country more quickly. The agency doesnít take into account the alienís criminal status or wait for local agencies to go to trial.
More illegal immigrants being deported before trial - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Last year only 3,400 illegals were deported. Hopefully this year hundreds of thousands of illegals will be deported...[/quote]

How can that be? For the past 6-7 years he government has been telling us there are 12,000,000 illegal aliens in the country, while admitting thousands cross the border illegally, or overstay their visas, every month. You don't suppose they're hiding the actual number, do you? I'm no math wizard, but something doesn't add up here. [/quote]

Number is for deportations from jails in New England.

Not sure deporting a child rapist is a bright thing to do. Rather see him go up for 20 years. Otherwise he is back in 6 weeks.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:00 PM

32,957 posts, read 30,215,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Last year only 3,400 illegals were deported. Hopefully this year hundreds of thousands of illegals will be deported...
How can that be? For the past 6-7 years he government has been telling us there are 12,000,000 illegal aliens in the country, while admitting thousands cross the border illegally, or overstay their visas, every month. You don't suppose they're hiding the actual number, do you? I'm no math wizard, but something doesn't add up here. [/quote]

Not sure deporting a child rapist is a bright thing to do. Rather see him go up for 20 years. Otherwise he is back in 6 weeks.[/quote]

I'd rather see him deported and jailed in the home Country.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How can that be? For the past 6-7 years he government has been telling us there are 12,000,000 illegal aliens in the country, while admitting thousands cross the border illegally, or overstay their visas, every month. You don't suppose they're hiding the actual number, do you? I'm no math wizard, but something doesn't add up here.
Quote:

Not sure deporting a child rapist is a bright thing to do. Rather see him go up for 20 years. Otherwise he is back in 6 weeks

I'd rather see him deported and jailed in the home Country.
OK -I don't care where.
But you have to convict him first...not deport him first.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 PM

32,957 posts, read 30,215,777 times
Quote:
OK -I don't care where.
But you have to convict him first...not deport him first.
Yes, of course. I'd like to see some kind of relationship with other Countries where they would have to be responsible for the costs. I know that is a stretch with the way Mexico (and others) have handled illegal immigration but if they don't the anti-illegal sentiment will continue to rise. This does the relationship between all Countries no good and I hope their Govts understand this.

Look at how all of this mess has hurt the Mexican tourist industry. It's hurt both the US and Mexico the most as far as tourism. Mexico in particular needs to reign it in.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yes, of course. I'd like to see some kind of relationship with other Countries where they would have to be responsible for the costs. I know that is a stretch with the way Mexico (and others) have handled illegal immigration but if they don't the anti-illegal sentiment will continue to rise. This does the relationship between all Countries no good and I hope their Govts understand this.

Look at how all of this mess has hurt the Mexican tourist industry. It's hurt both the US and Mexico the most as far as tourism. Mexico in particular needs to reign it in.
Comeon...that is silly. The only reason Mexico accepts US prisoners is a humanitarian one. Why should they warehouse a US criminal?

The problems Mexico has with tourism has nothing to do with illegals going to the US. It deals with the wars between the authorities and the drug cartels.

As an old and continuing Mexican hand I see no way tourism to Mexico is effected by the illegals. Most of the antis are sufficiently afraid of the foreign they would never go to Mexico anyway.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Quote:
Comeon...that is silly. The only reason Mexico accepts US prisoners is a humanitarian one. Why should they warehouse a US criminal?

The problems Mexico has with tourism has nothing to do with illegals going to the US. It deals with the wars between the authorities and the drug cartels.

As an old and continuing Mexican hand I see no way tourism to Mexico is effected by the illegals. Most of the antis are sufficiently afraid of the foreign they would never go to Mexico anyway.
I remember when many Americans use to go to Mexico to vacation or shop. I use to myself and I am an anti. Afraid of the "foreign"? Do you mean the people or the country itself? I won't go today because of the drug cartels and the violence that goes on down there even though some areas are relatively safe. It has nothing to do with how Americans view illegal immigration.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:39 PM

61,048 posts, read 30,920,355 times
They deport those that commit serious crimes. They are back across the border in a matter of hours.
Then those discovered to be here illegally are left to go on their way.

It is a no win situation that WE THE PEOPLE need to put an end to.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:02 AM

3,863 posts, read 3,175,430 times
Quote:

Last year only 3,400 illegals were deported. Hopefully this year hundreds of thousands of illegals will be deported...

Not sure deporting a child rapist is a bright thing to do. Rather see him go up for 20 years. Otherwise he is back in 6 weeks.[/quote]
More than likely the Government is hiding the true number of Illegals.

I do agree with you that Illegal Alien rapists,murderers and pedophiles should serve time in the US as it is not unusual to have them sneak back in after deportation.

What they shoud really do is hold most Illegals arrested for these crimes on an extremely high bail or No bail at all as they are a high flight risk.

Illegals arrested for less serious crimes should have their assets siezed to help pay back the US for fees involved in court costs and deportations.

Any assets attained Illegally through ID theft, Fraud and false Identities should automatically be forfieted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or