U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,572 posts, read 3,839,521 times
Reputation: 4738

Advertisements

'Smuggle Truck' immigration game draws fire - msnbc.com

"A game developed by a Boston-based tech company that allows users to drive a truck full of immigrants through the desert and try not to have them tossed out is drawing fire from some immigrant advocates.

Eva Millona, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrants & Refugee Advocacy Coalition, said the game is in poor taste and trivializes the seriousness of immigrants willing to risk their lives under a broken immigration system. "Last year, 170 human beings died crossing the border," Millona said in statement. "It's disgraceful that anyone would try to make money out of this tragedy by making light of it in a game." "

Damn! Only 170? Is the natural barrier across our southern border losing it's effectiveness? Where is global warming when we need it? Well, 170 is a start...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,164,328 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
'Smuggle Truck' immigration game draws fire - msnbc.com

"A game developed by a Boston-based tech company that allows users to drive a truck full of immigrants through the desert and try not to have them tossed out is drawing fire from some immigrant advocates.

Eva Millona, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrants & Refugee Advocacy Coalition, said the game is in poor taste and trivializes the seriousness of immigrants willing to risk their lives under a broken immigration system. "Last year, 170 human beings died crossing the border," Millona said in statement. "It's disgraceful that anyone would try to make money out of this tragedy by making light of it in a game." "

Damn! Only 170? Is the natural barrier across our southern border losing it's effectiveness? Where is global warming when we need it? Well, 170 is a start...
"Immigrants, immigrants, immigrants!!!! I am so sick of the spin. They are illegal aliens, not immigrants!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,967,422 times
Reputation: 3083
Personally I think the game is hysterical and much more PC than the one where you had to shoot 'em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,478 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Personally I think the game is hysterical and much more PC than the one where you had to shoot 'em
I agree. I've seen some of my kids' video games. Talk about violent! But Illegal Aliens have been elevated to protected status and mustn't be offended at any cost, even at the cost of our sovereignty. I'll be dam&*d if I know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,967,422 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
I agree. I've seen some of my kids' video games. Talk about violent! But Illegal Aliens have been elevated to protected status and mustn't be offended at any cost, even at the cost of our sovereignty. I'll be dam&*d if I know why.
I personally don't get the manufactured "outrage" seeing as how the gamer is aiding the "immigrants" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 04:10 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 992,320 times
Reputation: 369
They should market it as a public safety warning---'This is what can happen if you cross the border illegally.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,245,747 times
Reputation: 1758
Memo to Eva Millona:

Our "immigration system" is only "broken" because illegals choose to break the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,092,365 times
Reputation: 957
Ah...A "Immigrant"/"illegal alien" bashing thread....

release the hounds....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
3,790 posts, read 4,521,866 times
Reputation: 3697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Ah...A "Immigrant"/"illegal alien" bashing thread....

release the hounds....
Here is a way you can help

Department of the Treasury
C/O Illegal Alien Sympathizer Fund
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20220

Lets face it, you're an illegal alien sympathizer !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,868 posts, read 30,138,774 times
Reputation: 17722
How about the Jackwagon that made the app to help illegals cross the desert by gps/phone. That too is making money off of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top