U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM

3,790 posts, read 4,518,262 times

Advertisements

I'd suggest everyone do a little reading about this guy

He's quite the Character

And shame on anyone who tries to make this a racist !
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,782,052 times
Racist "tolerant" liberals at it again.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:46 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,091,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarda View Post
i don't understand why these hard workers can't build up their own country and leave us lazy bums alone?
black sc lawmaker: Immigrants are hardest workers (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/08/ar2011020805187.html - broken link)

this is just historically inaccurate and down right false. They never imported that many asians to replace these hypothetical lazy black ex-slaves.

This is what passes for black leadership these days.

money!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 04:56 PM

32,829 posts, read 30,118,328 times
What are Work Ethics

well, I think he needs to come up with a different term.

work ethics, such as honesty (not lying, cheating, and stealing), doing a job well, valuing what one does, having a sense of purpose and feeling/being a part of a greater vision or plan is vital. Philosophically, if one does not have proper work ethics, a personís conscience may be bothered. People for the most part have good work ethic(s); we should not only want to do, but desire to do the proper thing in a given situation.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:12 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,963,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What are Work Ethics

well, I think he needs to come up with a different term.

work ethics, such as honesty (not lying, cheating, and stealing), doing a job well, valuing what one does, having a sense of purpose and feeling/being a part of a greater vision or plan is vital. Philosophically, if one does not have proper work ethics, a personís conscience may be bothered. People for the most part have good work ethic(s); we should not only want to do, but desire to do the proper thing in a given situation.
Yup, there's a lot more to "work ethics" than just the ability to work hard, seems they missed the "ethics" portion of the term

Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,225,089 times
I hope his mouth and racist attitude ruins any chance for re-election.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,535,420 times
Comeon guys. He is simply stating an opinion that is quite common in construction and agricultural circles. If you dig around a bit you will find people who swears that it is true.

It has little to do with wages. It is still widely held in Las Vegas where Hispanics are quite well paid.

In Las Vegas Spanish is the language of the construction industry. Even if you are good and not Hispanic you need to speak Spanish to work effectively in the industry.

Note that is not all good. It says that third of our unemployed from the residential construction industry are virtually all hispanic.

Is it true? I know at least a couple of big time construction people who believe it...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:14 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,162,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Comeon guys. He is simply stating an opinion that is quite common in construction and agricultural circles. If you dig around a bit you will find people who swears that it is true.

It has little to do with wages. It is still widely held in Las Vegas where Hispanics are quite well paid.

In Las Vegas Spanish is the language of the construction industry. Even if you are good and not Hispanic you need to speak Spanish to work effectively in the industry.

Note that is not all good. It says that third of our unemployed from the residential construction industry are virtually all hispanic.

Is it true? I know at least a couple of big time construction people who believe it...
Spanish is the language of the construction industry all over the southwest not just Vegas. It is because the illegals have taken those jobs and many don't speak English so many of their bosses and counterparts even if they are legal are also Hispanics to be able to communicate with them. They have monopolized the construction industry. I can't remember the last time I passed a construction site and saw any non-hispanics working on them. I know this not only based on their looks but they were all talking in Spanish.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,535,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Spanish is the language of the construction industry all over the southwest not just Vegas. It is because the illegals have taken those jobs and many don't speak English so many of their bosses and counterparts even if they are legal are also Hispanics to be able to communicate with them. They have monopolized the construction industry. I can't remember the last time I passed a construction site and saw any non-hispanics working on them. I know this not only based on their looks but they were all talking in Spanish.
Uhh yeah...that is what I said. But anytime you think they work cheap try and get something done...

And I am more than knowledgable enough to hire a sub directly.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Tell that to all the black and white Americans I see camping out in front of the Labor Ready office downtown waiting for work every morning. The problem with pandering is that, in order to keep every group happy and on board, sooner or later you're going to end up having to denigrate one group in order to advocate for another. The pandering politician is in a perpetual state of contradiction.
True. And, he will pander himself right out of office. Surely he canít expect his black and white constituents to continue to support him now. Heís yet another fool who believes he can win with only the illegal apologist Hispanic vote. Heís too stupid to realize he has cut his own throat. After all, why should anyone vote for a ďlazyĒ black man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or