U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,867,686 times

Advertisements

Feds Raid Orlando's VA Hospital Project - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando this is huge.

If it has been posted elsewhere, please advise. I didn't see ita anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Feds Raid Orlando's VA Hospital Project - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando this is huge.

If it has been posted elsewhere, please advise. I didn't see ita anywhere.
This is such a waste of time and resources. I work as a contractor at airports and military installations around the country. I am "vetted" by my hiring contractor, then I am sent to the installation security office to for a back round check again.

any contract person should be e-verified by an employer and the site security.... The contract worker should have to wear a I.D. badge like everybody else.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:34 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
This is such a waste of time and resources. I work as a contractor at airports and military installations around the country. I am "vetted" by my hiring contractor, then I am sent to the installation security office to for a back round check again.

any contract person should be e-verified by an employer and the site security.... The contract worker should have to wear a I.D. badge like everybody else.
This is NOT a waste of time or resources. It is well-documented that illegal aliens have been employed at airports as well as military installations. In fact, it may save lives. Greedy contractors are not complying with the law, and we have no idea how many terrorists or others with nefarious intent may have access to these areas.

What “should” be, and what “is” are not necessarily the same, as evidenced by the numerous illegals caught working for contractors required by law to use E-Verify. Of course, illegal aliens “should” not be here, and they “should” not be working, and they “should” not steal identities, etc, etc, etc.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 AM

I have read that e-verify is not 100 % accurate but I guess it is the best we have going. I am ecstatic (?) about this but as one person wrote in the comments under this story somewhere, "100 gone today, 300 back tomorrow..." This happening everywhere in construction, etc, but of course, 'this is jobs Americans won't do.....' right ?

I am so glad people are waking up and not subscibing to that bit of propoganda anymore. I think it shows the ignorance of the people spouting it and thier disdain for the American people.

Good for florida, for once.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 AM

Feds find 9 illegal aliens hiding at Orlando VA site I don't think e-verify works all that well.

eta: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/020911-raid-at-va-medical-center (broken link)

Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 AM

16,685 posts, read 27,902,869 times
I've witnessed one contractor here in NY be prosecuted for hiring illegals. The job site should have been a union site but went to a non-union contractor. Union staked it out, saw the illegals and dropped a dime on him.

I would wager the union has something to do with 'motivating' the Feds into raiding the VA site.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,120,333 times
Finally they're doing something about these illegals working on FEDERAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS.

The subcontractors have been getting away with it for far too long.

Just goes to show you how rampant illegal having AMERICAN JOBS really is.

Now they need to sweep the entire nation.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I would wager the union has something to do with 'motivating' the Feds into raiding the VA site.
Of course they did. Unions are money hungry whores. Not giving them money is like stirring a hornet's nest - subbing out to illegal aliens is a hard whack to the nest.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
I couldn't care less who/what/where as long as the illegal aliens are sent back to their native country.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:16 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Unions are money hungry whores.
I'll bet a dime to a dollar you have nothing to back up your statement.

BTW, whores aren't money hungry, their pimps are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or