U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
How about the fact that the cities are sitting on federal land? As you remember, federal rights trumpet state rights every time!
Remind me again, isn't this what the illegal alien apologists parrot everyday at every rally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Remind me again, isn't this what the illegal alien apologists parrot everyday at every rally?
You're exactly right.

This bill hits where it hurts them the most using their logic.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Does this bill help the nation?
Are only republicans for this?

More here
This is absolutely the First and one of the most IMPORTANT steps needed.

It should be Illegal to have a Sanctuary for those that are Illegal and/or criminals.

Sanctuary Cities are ridiculous. What next Sanctuary Cities for Tax cheats, prostitutes and crooks???

This is not a child's game of hide and seek or tag where you have a safe zone where you cannot be touched.

Catholic Churches should also be open territory for Law enforcement also. These lawbreakers are not seeking political Sanctuary, they are seeking an Economic one.

The Feds should enact punitive measures against these Cities and withhold Federal money and see how long they willfully defy Federal law.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:18 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,866,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Given that its a violation of FEDERAL law to aid and abet illegal aliens, the fact that the Feds allow sanctuary cities to exist with impunity speaks volumes. The DOJ has no problem suing Arizona for allegedly usurping federal law, while no action is taken against jurisdictions that flagrantly violate federal law by providing a sanctuary for foreign interlopers. Not only do they ignore these violations, they reward them with federal funds.
as always, straight to the heart of the matter.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
The concept of a sanctuary city is bizarre. An illegal can get passed BP, make it to city limits and somehow now the illegal becomes off limits and the crime of entering the US illegally is forgotten.

Can I have a fully auto rifle, an extended mag or a suitcase full of weed in these sanctuary cities? I think not!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:28 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,866,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The concept of a sanctuary city is bizarre. An illegal can get passed BP, make it to city limits and somehow now the illegal becomes off limits and the crime of entering the US illegally is forgotten.
I know. It is something out of the Middle Ages where churches granted sanctuary....the idea is somehow sweet and noble, given the times but, this is the 21st century and we have firm laws in place to protect wrongdoers (somewhat, I guess. Depends on how much money you have....)

Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
Why do we need another law on illegal aliens?

Why doesn't Janet "our borders are more safe then ever" Napolitano take the cities to court and enforce current laws?

Sanctuary cities should be fined, their city councils thrown in jail.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
They are aiding illegals. States & local officials should be prosecuted

Old 02-11-2011, 08:04 AM

166 posts, read 212,198 times
while I'm glad such a law is being brought up, I'm just completely astounded and disappointed that we need such a law.
Now we need additional laws to force enforcement of laws already on the books. Where does it end?
As sure as I'm sitting here, someone will propose a law that makes it illegal to make more laws..like a kid saying 'no tap-backs'.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
More apologetic rhetoric because MY FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS go to the sanctuary cities! So guess what? It is as much my business is it is the local residents of that city

So you believe your specific tax dollars dont come back to your city and community, but go to "sanctuary cities"? If you dont live in a so-called sanctuary city, please explain how you can make the distinction in funds?

Do you live in a sanctuary city? If you do, why not get with like-minded residents and fight to change your city's policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or