U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,232,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are obviously clueless.
No, he just looks for any excuse to legitimize the federal government's stance on promoting illegal immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 12:23 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,801,535 times
Great to hear! I think more states should sue the US govt for failing to enforce their own laws, then maybe states wouldn't be drowning in so much debt.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,983,395 times
Update:

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security on Friday criticized Arizona's countersuit against the federal government over border enforcement as "a meritless court claim" which "does nothing to secure the border."

"Smart strategies, dedicated law enforcement personnel, and strategic partnerships with state, local and tribal governments and agencies do," DHS spokesman Matt Chandler said in a statement.

He said the planned countersuit, announced by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Thursday, ignores "statistical evidence" and "belittles" the progress made by border officials.
Homeland Security Dismisses Arizona's Countersuit as 'Meritless' - FoxNews.com

Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,479,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Really, I'm thinking of declaring my home and the one 1 1/3 acre it's on as it's own Sanctuary City so I won't have to pay taxes or follow any laws I don't like.

And when others complain I'll make up a Fairy Tale greater than Aztlan to explain my new 'special" rights and my new status as an undocumented Tax evader.
Great plan! It worked for the Mormons epiphany and Pastafarian fans, why not the rest of us? hahhahahaa

And in my domain acre, I decree that you must be THIS tall in maturity to qualify for authority of any kind. No exceptions, not even the dog catcher. SCOTUS, please vacate the premises if you mean to be living circus life answering to PT Barnum ideology. Aww heck how about every judge across the land convinced the louder mouthpiece trumps the people having to make sense of that law living it out everyday. No discrimination. All of them equally retarded.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Not at all

[Violent rhetoric removed to ensure reader safety]
Oh sure, you say that now. I'm centrist against illegal immigration but it doesn't stop <alleged> conservatives from trying to shoot me (for years!), now does it?

Good thing muh daddy taught his daughter how to shoot or King Herod neo cons would be unchallenged by bobble head machines manufacturing consent.

Imagine that! Political dogs and cats saying hell no unanimously? Just don't try sneaking in the forced dog or cat food, we'll be good. Supremacists of every color are as welcome as McVeigh to an NRA meeting.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are obviously clueless.
All hail tort reform! (Until it applies to me!!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or