U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661

Advertisements

It was of course illegal. You prefer one form of illegal to another?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/us...=1297613062-sm 3ZONHlJVJgzNqBi68qA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Again, you are ignoring the fact that the Feds are U.S. taxpayers, and we should not bear this burden. We should treat bona fide emergencies, and then send them to ICE. If they can’t pay for non-emergency treatment, they shouldn’t receive it. We have enough problems providing for our own uninsured. Perhaps if life were a little less pleasant they will be forced to return home.
it seems that fact is easily forgotten ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
Too bad we can’t have a class action lawsuit against the government for the theft of our tax dollars being squandered on foreign interlopers, and their 4+ million anchor babies; or, for the countless crimes perpetrated by illegal aliens against citizens and legal residents. If we could, I bet we would see mega changes and real enforcement of our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,051 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You folks just don't understand the rules.

The Feds will never go after anyone who is sick or potentially so. They simple refuse. The Feds don't want the potential liabiliity for the care of a sick illegal...and while sick they may well not be deportable.

After a number of these chase and crash incidents the Feds only arrest those who are uninjured. They leave the injured to the locals...and they will never arrest anyone who is badly or permanently damaged.

So the last people the Feds are going to accept is those going to the ER.
The showdown is coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It was of course illegal. You prefer one form of illegal to another?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/us...=1297613062-sm 3ZONHlJVJgzNqBi68qA
There was nothing illegal about it. If there was, it would never had happened.
Just because the Pro-illegals said it was illegal does not make it so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There was nothing illegal about it. If there was, it would never had happened.
Just because the Pro-illegals said it was illegal does not make it so.
Read the Times article. And note that the Chicago hospital has basically adimitted it was not legal.

They will likely lose in the courts and hopefully have to spend the money to make it at least partially right.

Private corporations do not have the right to ship people where they will. And any American not hopelessly biased would understand that.

They needed a court order...which they probably could not get....or the guys permission. They had neither.

Strictly illegal and they will pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
it seems that fact is easily forgotten ...
It’s called recouping OUR money, and holding those accountable for its theft. Comprende?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Read the Times article. And note that the Chicago hospital has basically adimitted it was not legal.

They will likely lose in the courts and hopefully have to spend the money to make it at least partially right.

Private corporations do not have the right to ship people where they will. And any American not hopelessly biased would understand that.

They needed a court order...which they probably could not get....or the guys permission. They had neither.

Strictly illegal and they will pay for it.
Yet, hospitals can discharge a citizen to the streets, and remain lawful. This ingrate should be thankful for the quality care received, rather than whining about being sent home. That’s the part that really boils my blood. They never show even a modicum of gratitude, despite hospitals spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, and in some cases millions on their ungrateful butts. Since they don’t appreciate our generosity, we need to start denying intensive treatment. Stabilize and deport. Let them make demands from their own hospitals and taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, hospitals can discharge a citizen to the streets, and remain lawful. This ingrate should be thankful for the quality care received, rather than whining about being sent home. That’s the part that really boils my blood. They never show even a modicum of gratitude, despite hospitals spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, and in some cases millions on their ungrateful butts. Since they don’t appreciate our generosity, we need to start denying intensive treatment. Stabilize and deport. Let them make demands from their own hospitals and taxpayers.
Only if the patient condition allows it if the hospital takes medicare and/or medicaid.

The patient must be discharged to an "appropriate" facility otherwise.

And again ICE will not accept such individuals for deportation unless they are healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Only if the patient condition allows it if the hospital takes medicare and/or medicaid.

The patient must be discharged to an "appropriate" facility otherwise.

And again ICE will not accept such individuals for deportation unless they are healthy.
Really?

Quote:
It was evening at the homeless center and Haven CEO George Block was walking along the sidewalk when he spied a woman getting out of a taxi. She was in a hospital gown and pushing an IV pole, with the intravenous line still attached to her.

Since then, the practice of “medical dumping” — in which hospitals try to transfer their still-sick homeless patients to homeless shelters or other hospitals — has increased at Haven, officials allege.

“One guy still had his EKG pad on,” said Susan Jenkins, who oversees the courtyard.

Medical dumping is a major problem at homeless shelters across the country, said Ann Hutchinson Meyers, vice president of transformational services at Haven.
Hospital patients are dumped at Haven - San Antonio Express-News

Quote:
Quote:
DIHS officials notified ICE leadership of the medication shortage and proposed two possible solutions: 1) hold detainees receiving TB treatment in the United States until the medication shortage was resolved, or 2) deport the detainees with a medication supply that would allow them to complete treatment in Honduras. The first solution would have resulted in prolonged detention of Honduran nationals, for medical reasons, who were otherwise cleared for deportation. Although federal immigration statutes allow ICE to detain persons to facilitate deportation, it generally must occur within 90 days of issuing a final order of removal (4); health status is not usually considered during deportation.
Because of the legal and ethical implications of prolonged detention for medical reasons, the second option was chosen. Preparations were made to 1) deport Honduran detainees who were cleared for deportation and receiving TB treatment, sending them with a 2-week supply of medication, and 2) send the remainder of the patients' individual treatment medications (1-month to 5-months' supply) directly to the Honduras NTP at the time of deportation. Each transfer of medication from one health official to another would be documented to ensure that patients continued treatment with appropriate supervision by health-care professionals.
Deportation of Tuberculosis Patients Complicated by a Medication Shortage --- Honduras, May--August 2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Illegal - you approve? Only selectively against illegality?

Quote:
url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5626a3.htm]Deportation of Tuberculosis Patients Complicated by a Medication Shortage --- Honduras, May--August 2006[/url]
Not a hospital. Trasporting an active TB case would likely be illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top