U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And you don't pay for your local hospital? Who do you think does?

All you have to do is get the sending nations to agree to pay the bill. Should be simple. Get to it. In the interim let the feds pick up the bill.

I would be of the opinion that virtually none of the existing illegal immigrants should be allowed in under any circumstances. I am skeptical of the existing legal immigration and believe that could well be constructively curtailed. Unless the foreigners has some unusual attribute he is not required.
I agree with your last paragraph. But I don't agree that any American should be taxed at any time to provide anything for an illegal migrant. If you can't pay the bill at the local hospital you should get in financial trouble for it unless you are here legally or qualify for help as an American citizen. This includes hospital services. We should have NHC for Americans and Americans only. I certainly can't ask Mexicans to pay for my health care bills. Why should I have to pay for theirs?

If you are here you are not supposed to break our laws or go on welfare. Those were the laws that applied to when my relatives came here at the turn of last century. Why should the rules be any different today?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I agree with your last paragraph. But I don't agree that any American should be taxed at any time to provide anything for an illegal migrant. If you can't pay the bill at the local hospital you should get in financial trouble for it unless you are here legally or qualify for help as an American citizen. This includes hospital services. We should have NHC for Americans and Americans only. I certainly can't ask Mexicans to pay for my health care bills. Why should I have to pay for theirs?

If you are here you are not supposed to break our laws or go on welfare. Those were the laws that applied to when my relatives came here at the turn of last century. Why should the rules be any different today?
Again...yet again. It is like it is. Not how you would like it to be. As presently done the hospital pays (there are exceptions and the feds pick up some of the expense under some conditions).

So get it straight. If left alone the hospital pays. Got that. The Hospital.

Now do we want the hospital to pay? I don't. So let us find someone else.

The only rational someone else for the immediate future is the feds.

If the feds don't pay the hospital does.

So who do you want to pay...the hospital or the feds. There are no other rational answers.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Again...yet again. It is like it is. Not how you would like it to be. As presently done the hospital pays (there are exceptions and the feds pick up some of the expense under some conditions).

So get it straight. If left alone the hospital pays. Got that. The Hospital.

Now do we want the hospital to pay? I don't. So let us find someone else.

The only rational someone else for the immediate future is the feds.

If the feds don't pay the hospital does.

So who do you want to pay...the hospital or the feds. There are no other rational answers.
None of the above. Let the illegal invaders or their countries of origin pay.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
None of the above. Let the illegal invaders or their countries of origin pay.
Rushing right out and through the looking glass...

this is a fine example of what I find amusing.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
If you had refused the $500 they would have let your son go home with you anyway.

It is actually a form of shakedown. The overcharge you by a factor of two or three and then offer part of it back in return for some payment.

I would think you would also find that if you had flatly refused and waited 6 or 9 months you could have settled it for 25 cents on the dollar.

they play exactly the same game with illegals. Offer a large discount for some up front payment. And some pay it.
Of course they would have let him go home, with me. I'm not an idiot, I'm aware that the medical profession does not hold children as collateral.

That is not the point--the point is that I, an American citizen, am made to pay through the nose, whether I have the money or not, while the hospital bills of criminals are passed on to people just like me in the form of higher medical bills.

You continually try to justify the raping of the American taxpayer by people who shouldn't be here to begin with. Your rhetoric is circular, convoluted, and continually takes the side of criminals rather than American citizens.

Disgusting.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Of course they would have let him go home, with me. I'm not an idiot, I'm aware that the medical profession does not hold children as collateral.

That is not the point--the point is that I, an American citizen, am made to pay through the nose, whether I have the money or not, while the hospital bills of criminals are passed on to people just like me in the form of higher medical bills.

You continually try to justify the raping of the American taxpayer by people who shouldn't be here to begin with. Your rhetoric is circular, convoluted, and continually takes the side of criminals rather than American citizens.

Disgusting.
Nope What I do is point out that you were in exactly the same position as the illegal alien but the weird rules of illegallity leave the illegal in a better position.

Yet Another example of the law of unintended consequences.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Nope What I do is point out that you were in exactly the same position as the illegal alien but the weird rules of illegallity leave the illegal in a better position.

Yet Another example of the law of unintended consequences.
Weird rules of illegality? The law of unintended consequences? Don’t you mean fraud and deception? Illegal aliens receive “free” medical care because they provide bogus names, addresses, and other info. They have no intentions of paying for anything, because they are parasitic criminals, here to get whatever they can at the taxpayers’ expense. Funny, they have no problem providing valid info to receive their welfare checks and other freebies, but somehow can’t be located to pay their bills.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Weird rules of illegality? The law of unintended consequences? Don’t you mean fraud and deception? Illegal aliens receive “free” medical care because they provide bogus names, addresses, and other info. They have no intentions of paying for anything, because they are parasitic criminals, here to get whatever they can at the taxpayers’ expense. Funny, they have no problem providing valid info to receive their welfare checks and other freebies, but somehow can’t be located to pay their bills.
That varies. And is easily fixed. Regularize their status and they have tax numbers like everyone else.

But those steps taken to prevent employment and driving etc make collections virtually impossible. After you force the illegals off the books you have trouble collecting debts etc because they are off the books.

Law of unintended consequences.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:04 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And they should be prosecuted for it.

Quote:
That varies. And is easily fixed. Regularize their status and they have tax numbers like everyone else.

But those steps taken to prevent employment and driving etc make collections virtually impossible. After you force the illegals off the books you have trouble collecting debts etc because they are off the books.

In other words give illegal migrants citizenship because otherwise they should have to the right to steal American tax dollars.

NO. NO. NO.

No, you can't come here without permission. No, you can't work without permission. No you can't drive without a license. No, you can't walk away from your medical bills and lie to hospital personnel.

Why do you apparently believe that the only laws we should have or enforce are those specifically designed to give benefits to illegal aliens? The easy fix is clear: no anchor babies. No benefits for illegal migrants. No coming here unless you do so legally. Yes, you will be prosecuted if you drive without a license, work without papers, fail to pay your taxes, skip out on medical bills.

We prosecute Americans for these offenses every single day of the year. Why the hell are we supposed to let illegal migrants get away them?

Ugh. I have a $322 medical bill right now because some idiot doctor told me he was in network when he wasn't. Can I just send the bill for Mexicans to pay? Why not? If I'm supposed to pay their medical bills why can't they at least chip in for mine? Fair is fair, right?

The rational answer to who pays for the medical bills of illegal migrants is illegal migrants. NOT ME! To heck with anyone who argues otherwise. My grandparents would have been thrown out as a public charge if they pulled this stunt. Why the heck should the rules be different for anyone else, let alone someone who isn't even here legally?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:

We do not need to “regularize” their status. We simply need to enforce our laws. As for medical bills, even with a valid SSN, they would continue to provide bogus info because they have no respect for our country. Do you actually believe the only reason they aren’t paying their bills is because they lack a SSN? Please.

Again, fraud and deception is a staple of the illegal alien lifestyle. They’re accustomed to circumventing laws and fleecing taxpayers. Legalization won’t change that. It’s far too ingrained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or