Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Please read your own post. If the hospital doesn't try to collect from the illegal migrant that means they're essentially getting free care. You then went on to argue that illegal immigrants should have medical care paid for by medicaid. In other words free medical care at the American taxpayer's expense.

I reiterate: why should anyone but the illegal migrant have to pay for their medical costs?
Sorry..where did I say they don't try to collect?

You people keep trying to put words into my mouth...don't. I speak for myself.

The general reason they get a free ride is they have no reachable resources. Just like a really poor native.

But they are certainly billed and the collection agency is used.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:31 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
It's never a good idea to go up against LE, especially in the media. They usually squash it real fast.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:35 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Sorry for your predicament. The system does favor the illegal but for bad reasons. They can't get into the system enough to be harrassable.

The hospitals do try and collect from illegals and those on welfare etc. Just does not yield much results. I would also note that the hospitals overcharge you all to hell in that circumstance.

It would also appear that your child got treated even though you did not pay at the time of service.
Yes, well....not quite. In order to qualify for that fantastic pay-off rate they offered me, I had to borrow $500 from my folks to give them before my son left the hospital.

If we cannot help our own who cannot afford emergency care, we have NO business giving beyond the most basic of stabilizing emergency care to illegal aliens.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:37 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Oh trust me, foreign nationals here legally are definitely "on the hook" for the bills. We don't get ours forgiven because we can just run away from them using false identities, names and addresses. Only those here illegally seem to be able to just walk away from their bills

Anyway, back on topic, this self entitled cow already tied up the courts by insisting on a JURY TRIAL for her allegedly (according to some here) "trivial offense", but if she doesn't like the jury verdict she'll tie up even more resources and court time by appealing...........some lawyer she'd make. She sure has being a piece of entitled slime down pat, so maybe she'd fit right in.
So in other words she brought in on herself. Is there no end to her arrogance? She should be billed for jury costs.

Quote:
Sorry..where did I say they don't try to collect?

You people keep trying to put words into my mouth...don't. I speak for myself.

The general reason they get a free ride is they have no reachable resources. Just like a really poor native.

But they are certainly billed and the collection agency is used.
You wrote:

Quote:

They can't get into the system enough to be harrassable.
So basically they're getting free medical care.

You also wrote that they should be on medicaid and their health care costs paid for the feds. Medicaid and the feds are paid for by the American taxpayer. I want to know why I, an American taxpayer, should be billed for the medical costs of illegal migrants.

If you are not paying your medical bills and you are here illegally you should be deported as a public charge. Legal migrants can't pull that stunt. Why should illegal migrants be allowed to get away with it?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
So in other words she brought in on herself. Is there no end to her arrogance? She should be billed for jury costs.

You wrote:

You also wrote that they should be on medicaid and their health care costs paid for the feds. Medicaid and the feds are paid for by the American taxpayer. I want to know why I, an American taxpayer, should be billed for the medical costs of illegal migrants.

If you are not paying your medical bills and you are here illegally you should be deported as a public charge. Legal migrants can't pull that stunt. Why should illegal migrants be allowed to get away with it?
Because they're just oh so "special" apparently.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yes, well....not quite. In order to qualify for that fantastic pay-off rate they offered me, I had to borrow $500 from my folks to give them before my son left the hospital.

If we cannot help our own who cannot afford emergency care, we have NO business giving beyond the most basic of stabilizing emergency care to illegal aliens.
If you had refused the $500 they would have let your son go home with you anyway.

It is actually a form of shakedown. The overcharge you by a factor of two or three and then offer part of it back in return for some payment.

I would think you would also find that if you had flatly refused and waited 6 or 9 months you could have settled it for 25 cents on the dollar.

they play exactly the same game with illegals. Offer a large discount for some up front payment. And some pay it.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:

You wrote:

Basically they can't or sometimes won't pay. Just like a poor native. They have some advantage in that they have no obvious employer...or relatives in the US or reachable assets. But that in no way says they don't owe the money or the hospital does not try to collect.

Quote:

Again you apparently feel it is OK to wreck the local hospitals to pay for indigent illegal care. I don't. I think the feds should pick up the bill. Why do you want to wreck the local hospitals?

And yet again the last people ICE is going after is anyone sick. They do not want sick people in custody because they know they will have to pay the medical bills.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:01 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Basically they can't or sometimes won't pay. Just like a poor native. They have some advantage in that they have no obvious employer...or relatives in the US or reachable assets. But that in no way says they don't owe the money or the hospital does not try to collect.

Again you apparently feel it is OK to wreck the local hospitals to pay for indigent illegal care. I don't. I think the feds should pick up the bill. Why do you want to wreck the local hospitals?

And yet again the last people ICE is going after is anyone sick. They do not want sick people in custody because they know they will have to pay the medical bills.
The feds are paid for out of my tax dollars. Why should my tax dollars go to pay for free medical care for illegal aliens? You have not answered this question.

If local hospitals are being wrecked because poor illegal migrants believe themselves entitled to medical care they can't pay for the solution is simple: pay for immediate serious medical issues and then bill the home country of the illegal migrant. Minor medical bills should be paid for out of the migrant's pockets not mine. If an illegal migrant is seriously ill, stabilize them, then ship them home and bill them. If they refuse to pay for the medical bills deduct it from any foreign aid.

At no point in time should I, an American taxpayer, be taxed to pay for an illegal immigrant's medical care.

Ultimately you are arguing vastly against illegal migration and in favor of sharper enforcement of our immigration laws. No one should be allowed to come here with evidence of any kind of serious medical issue. You should be required to demonstrate evidence that you have medical insurance or face immediate deportation. Anyone found in violation of these laws should be fined and then again deported.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:27 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
My solution is to staff an ICE agent at every ER near the border and large Cities. Man, would the number of visits plummet.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The feds are paid for out of my tax dollars. Why should my tax dollars go to pay for free medical care for illegal aliens? You have not answered this question.

And you don't pay for your local hospital? Who do you think does?

Quote:
If local hospitals are being wrecked because poor illegal migrants believe themselves entitled to medical care they can't pay for the solution is simple: pay for immediate serious medical issues and then bill the home country of the illegal migrant. Minor medical bills should be paid for out of the migrant's pockets not mine. If an illegal migrant is seriously ill, stabilize them, then ship them home and bill them. If they refuse to pay for the medical bills deduct it from any foreign aid.

At no point in time should I, an American taxpayer, be taxed to pay for an illegal immigrant's medical care.

Ultimately you are arguing vastly against illegal migration and in favor of sharper enforcement of our immigration laws. No one should be allowed to come here with evidence of any kind of serious medical issue. You should be required to demonstrate evidence that you have medical insurance or face immediate deportation. Anyone found in violation of these laws should be fined and then again deported.
All you have to do is get the sending nations to agree to pay the bill. Should be simple. Get to it. In the interim let the feds pick up the bill.

I would be of the opinion that virtually none of the existing illegal immigrants should be allowed in under any circumstances. I am skeptical of the existing legal immigration and believe that could well be constructively curtailed. Unless the foreigners has some unusual attribute he is not required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration