U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:49 AM

4,572 posts, read 3,831,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So they know it's dangerous and there is the potential for death yet they still persist.............sorry, but my give-a-damn's busted where illegals are concerned.
+1

Gee, I wonder what the body of that nun who was murdered by an illegal driving drunk looks like now? (That was a local story for me. I pass the spot where she's buried every day.)

And what do the bodies of the people murdered by an illegal in Manassas, VA last week look like?

My give-a-damn's busted also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote Zacatecana:

"Mexico conveniently understands that the remittances help the Mexican economy just like the U.S. conveniently understands that we benefit from the cheap labor of illegal immigrants".

The only U.S. citizens that benefit from cheap illegal labor are the greedy employers. The rest of us regular citizens have to foot the bill for their social costs, the dilution of our culture and language, the added crime rates, the I.D. thefts, loss of jobs and uncontrolled population growth. So no, it isn't a wash with Mexico benefitting from the remittances of the illegal aliens. There are no negatives for them where there is with us.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Well I actually sometimes feel sorry for them. And sorry that they've chosen to leave wives, young children behind because the lure of big easy American money is so great.

I often see illegals standing at the few public phones or buying up phone cards to call children or family members they haven't seen and will not see for years - and it makes you wonder why so many think this is so worth it. People dying by the hundreds for love of money - when their own nation is among the world's richest.

Changes should be made in the home country but millions of people simply walking away from loved ones and their hometowns isn't going to bring about needed change.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A lot has to do with all the encouragement from the pro-illegal crowd and the stories of the promised land by deported illegals.
Exactly. Everytime the pro-illegal crowd makes some promise of another huge amnesty - a big giveaway of US citizenship, it only encourages millions more to come and try to get in on it.

And it's the pro-illegals who promise the illegals that they will have watering stations and burrito stands set up for them.

Vicente Fox's comic book showed smiling illegals - made it seem very simple to make it illegally over the border, in fact the first page shows a couple of well-endowed women walking just ahead - like the view in front would be sexy and appealing.

The USA simply cannot be the only borderless nation in the world with no immigration laws and the real purpose of massive illegal immigration is about bringing wages down to below rock bottom. It means putting Americans out of work so that the cheapest possible labor can be brought in to replace the American.

There are those who despise the American middle class and prefer a society with two classes - the ultra elite and the desperate peon. The elites want unlimited amounts of low-wage servants and that's why they gasp and ask who will make their beds, who will mow their lawns for dirt pay, who will be their very low paid live-in nannies if we don't allow millions more illegals to come work for them.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Furthermore, Mexico does realize that indigenous populations have been ignored and marginalized for quite some time and are working on the issues. Nowadays, Mexico does have funds allocated for returning immigrants. Nowadays, there are various programs to educate and fix the infrastructure of the indigenous populations. Mexico realizes that in order to keep our indigenous populations from immigrating to the US, they need to meet their needs.

In this video, just posted today, Pres. Calderon is acknowledging the first Congresswoman of Oaxaca, who also happens to be indigenous. He also is stating he is allocating and investing money to fix the infrastructure of the indigenous populations for that state. There are many other issues he is working toward the betterment of the lower class (indigenous populations). But how would you know that if you don't care about Mexican politics, you don't get informed and you only see it from the perspective of an angry tax payer who feels victimized by foreigners specifically from Mexico?

In case you did not know, Mexicans living in Mexico, look down on expats. They are not in favor of those that want to leave the country. Now, does the government benefit from remittances? Of course they do. Mexico conveniently understands that the remittances help the Mexican economy just like the U.S. conveniently understands that we benefit from the cheap labor of illegal immigrants. Mexico is not in favor of the deportations because they know their economy would suffer with the return of 11 million nationals returning with their children, all at once. Is it fair to you? No... but that does not mean that Mexico encourages its citizens to leave the country. As for your last paragraph, it makes no sense to me.

@antarez: Again, more misinformation...Mexicans have approximately two children per family. Look up the stats.

@Benicar: Yes, you are missing the whole point. I never said it was our problem. Never did I say "its our fault". If you read the first sentence, I stated that its erroneous to believe that Mexico does not educate illegal immigrants about the dangers of crossing the border. These pictures were on a major newspaper for all to read and reflect that its not worth risking their lives. What the government cant do is hold these nationals on house arrest for planning on illegally crossing the border. Furthermore, whether danger is faced on the Mexican side or the U.S. side, it is still a dangerous journey, thou I was specific that most of it was on the Mexican side, this does not make the southwest states increase their crime rate, I'm sure you know.
Iím sorry, but I cannot be convinced that the Mexican government does not encourage its citizens to seek a better life in the US. By your own admission, Mexico profits from the billions in remittances. In fact, it is second only to oil as a source of revenue. Thatís a huge incentive. If Mexicans ďlook down onĒ those here illegally, itís hypocritical to feel such disdain, while eagerly accepting the money they send.

We wouldnít have over 10% of their citizens living illegally in the U.S. if Mexico had a genuine interest in improving conditions for the underclass. Nor would Calderon demonize individuals and states for attempting to curb illegal immigration, or constantly interfere in our immigration issues. Rather, he would focus on retaining his citizens, and would encourage them to return to help build a better Mexico. Sadly, illegal immigration is simply one of numerous forms of corruption facilitated by the Mexican oligarchy.

As for Mexicans having 2 children per family -- that may be true in Mexico, but it is certainly not true for Mexican illegals in this country. They give birth to as many children as possible on U.S. soil, and for many, their U.S.-born children are a major source of income. Through them, they can tap into welfare, WIC, subsidized housing, and all other benefits afforded citizens of this country.

If Calderon is in fact encouraging his citizens to remain in Mexico, they arenít listening. We can no longer allow Mexico to dump its underclass on U.S. taxpayers. We have had enough. Itís time for Mexicans to return home and fight for change. As long as they run from their problems, they will never realize a better Mexico. Perhaps they should borrow a page from the Civil Rights Movement or the Egyptians.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
"Vicente Fox's comic book showed smiling illegals - made it seem very simple to make it illegally over the border, in fact the first page shows a couple of well-endowed women walking just ahead - like the view in front would be sexy and appealing."

I had to laugh at loud at this one. It was as if Fox was trying to make illegal immigration more palatable to the U.S. by putting well endowed Mexican women in front of the line in the comic book. Oh, I'm sure it changed a lot of American men's minds on illegal immigration as if we don't have enough of our own well-endowed women in this country but at least they speak English, have an education and don't pump out babies left and right. Just how stupid did Fox think we were?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Vicente Fox's comic book showed smiling illegals - made it seem very simple to make it illegally over the border, in fact the first page shows a couple of well-endowed women walking just ahead - like the view in front would be sexy and appealing."

I had to laugh at loud at this one. It was as if Fox was trying to make illegal immigration more palatable to the U.S. by putting well endowed Mexican women in front of the line in the comic book. Oh, I'm sure it changed a lot of American men's minds on illegal immigration as if we don't have enough of our own well-endowed women in this country but at least they speak English, have an education and don't pump out babies left and right. Just how stupid did Fox think we were?
Itís similar to the lure of 71 virgins for Muslim suicide bombers.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:56 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A lot has to do with all the encouragement from the pro-illegal crowd and the stories of the promised land by deported illegals.
That alone places a hidden agenda on their part.

Which is only "hidden" to those who are too blind to see.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
I'd really like to see something from the Mexican press that addresses the reasons why there is still so much abject poverty in their own country...

Mexico is the 5th largest exporter of oil in the world, what is their problem?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I'd really like to see something from the Mexican press that addresses the reasons why there is still so much abject poverty in their own country...

Mexico is the 5th largest exporter of oil in the world, what is their problem?
I dont get it either and Im a Hispanic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or