U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:10 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times

Advertisements

"El Universal", Mexican media-
Contrary to popular belief among extremists: The media, organizations, Mexican government, you name it have all invested time and money educating the Mexican population about the dangers of crossing the border. Here are a few pictures posted on a public news website for all of you to see. Bodies have been found shot, dismembered, in holes covered with rocks, mutilated bodies and in some cases parts were found a distance from each other, etc. This is the reality illegal immigrants face when they cross that violent and dangerous border. Any thoughts?

El Universal online - Fotogalera
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 06:21 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Does the OP have a link to an actual article or are we supposed to assume that the remains are of immigrants trying to cross the border illegally rather than drug runners and victims of the cartels?

Do you have anything written in English?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Contrary to popular belief among extremists: The media, organizations, Mexican government, you name it have all invested time and money educating the Mexican population about the dangers of crossing the border. Here are a few pictures posted on a public news website for all of you to see. Bodies have been found shot, dismembered, in holes covered with rocks, mutilated bodies and in some cases parts were found a distance from each other, etc. This is the reality illegal immigrants face when they cross that violent and dangerous border. Any thoughts?

and your point is?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Does the OP have a link to an actual article or are we supposed to assume that the remains are of immigrants trying to cross the border illegally rather than drug runners and victims of the cartels?

Do you have anything written in English?
Nope, nothing in English. Its a Mexican website and the words are below the pictures. I'm sure you can google and translate it yourself. It does say that bodies have been found on both sides of the border. However, it is more common on the Mexican side of the border.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
So they know it's dangerous and there is the potential for death yet they still persist.............sorry, but my give-a-damn's busted where illegals are concerned.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

Yeah, my thought is that crime doesn't pay. If you don't want to put yourself in harms way then obey the laws and don't try to enter a country illegally.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Nope, nothing in English. Its a Mexican website and the words are below the pictures. I'm sure you can google and translate it yourself. It does say that bodies have been found on both sides of the border. However, it is more common on the Mexican side of the border.
That alone would lead me to believe it is more drug cartel related than immigration related.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:

I'm sure the illegals all peruse the local websites before they head out.

That whole 'electricity in the canyons' thing seems to be a sticking point the extremists overlook. These aren't rich, educated Mexicans coming across. These are people that cannot make it in their own villages in many different Countries. I don't see how the extremists overlook that their own Govts don't care they are poor OR that they are leaving. Have the extremists noted that their Govt WANTS them to go to the US and send back remittances?

No, the extremists just see the common, ordinary tax payer that doesn't want the extra burden of these people as racists. Do the extremists know that these tax payers aren't all white?

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 02-13-2011 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: coffee shakes

Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
I would not risk my life crossing that desert nor would I risk my children. I think I would have more respect for the invaders if they would stay and fight to make Mexico a better and more fruitfull country for them. They would rather creep across the border and then trash and protest the good hearted nature of this country. I just can't muster up any respect or sympathy any longer for these people.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:19 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I would not risk my life crossing that desert nor would I risk my children. I think I would have more respect for the invaders if they would stay and fight to make Mexico a better and more fruitfull country for them. They would rather creep across the border and then trash and protest the good hearted nature of this country. I just can't muster up any respect or sympathy any longer for these people.
curbing the birth rate so your kids wouldn't have to be so desperate would also be helpful. If you are dirt poor and have kids your alternatives for them are also being dirt poor or being a career criminal in some other Country? Tough odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or