U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,026,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
2/12/2011 10:00 p.m.

She did a segment on a land owner who has been constantly plagued by illegal immigrants trespassing on his land as they come into our country. They have trashed his land and even killed livestock. The land owner decided to start patrolling HIS OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.

One day he spotted 25 illegals on his property and held them until border patrol arrived to deport them. When he initially came upon the 25 illegals, he drew a pistol until he was sure they were not a threat. Once the scene was safe he re-holstered his weapon and waited for Border patrol. The illegals were deported.

He ended up getting sued and the illegals were awarded $ 78,000 for assault and some other bogus charge. The award was complete crap as these people were in the country illegally and trespassing on private property.

What really floored me was a pro-illegal immigration attorney by the name of Michael Wildes. He was interviewed by Judge Jeanine and kept spewing crap the whole time. I really enjoyed watching her shut him down repeatedly. I just cant believe there are people/attorneys like Mr. Michael Wildes who are fleecing America and Americans. This guy gets two thumbs down.

Judge Jeanine...she was great.
Thanks for sharing that story. That is NUTS. What rights do we have as Americans if we can't protect our own private property from people who are law breakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 04:52 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Thanks for sharing that story. That is NUTS. What rights do we have as Americans if we can't protect our own private property from people who are law breakers.
Check with your state. Each state has different conditions in which a person can use force and deadly force. In most states, one cannot use force...even less deadly force on a tresspasser onto one's real property.

Each state has limitaions on home ownesr'/property owner's use of deadly force to protect one's self, family, and home.

In this case, the Ranch was convitied of detaining and striking 3 women who were tresspassing on his property.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM

401 posts, read 397,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Check with your state. Each state has different conditions in which a person can use force and deadly force. In most states, one cannot use force...even less deadly force on a tresspasser onto one's real property.

Each state has limitaions on home ownesr'/property owner's use of deadly force to protect one's self, family, and home.

In this case, the Ranch was convitied of detaining and striking 3 women who were tresspassing on his property.
My understanding was that the initial complaint (when Border Patrol arrived on the scene) was by one female only. She was assessed for any signs of injury and there WERE NONE.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
My understanding was that the initial complaint (when Border Patrol arrived on the scene) was by one female only. She was assessed for any signs of injury and there WERE NONE.
Your understanding is correct. I read that Barnett supposedy kicked only one woman.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 AM

346 posts, read 616,114 times
I remember reading that the 9th Circus Court was overturned 5 times in a row by the Supreme Court, causing them to consider sending a stern message. If this decision were to reach the SCOTUS, I could see it being case #6.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
I remember reading that the 9th Circus Court was overturned 5 times in a row by the Supreme Court, causing them to consider sending a stern message. If this decision were to reach the SCOTUS, I could see it being case #6.
What is the consitutional issue? Barnrentt's lawyer wants a re-trail not on any constitutional issue or misconduct of the court. His contention is that he[barnett] holstered his weapon once he felt that there was no threat form the tresspassers. The jury believed the aliens that Barnett did not holster his weapon and held them at gunpoint threating them with with his weapon until BP arrived.

Whats the constitutional question? Is the Supreme court going to rule on whether he holstered his weapon or not?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,870,707 times
Quote:
2/12/2011 10:00 p.m.

She did a segment on a land owner who has been constantly plagued by illegal immigrants trespassing on his land as they come into our country. They have trashed his land and even killed livestock. The land owner decided to start patrolling HIS OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.

One day he spotted 25 illegals on his property and held them until border patrol arrived to deport them. When he initially came upon the 25 illegals, he drew a pistol until he was sure they were not a threat. Once the scene was safe he re-holstered his weapon and waited for Border patrol. The illegals were deported.

He ended up getting sued and the illegals were awarded $ 78,000 for assault and some other bogus charge. The award was complete crap as these people were in the country illegally and trespassing on private property.

What really floored me was a pro-illegal immigration attorney by the name of Michael Wildes. He was interviewed by Judge Jeanine and kept spewing crap the whole time. I really enjoyed watching her shut him down repeatedly. I just cant believe there are people/attorneys like Mr. Michael Wildes who are fleecing America and Americans. This guy gets two thumbs down.

Judge Jeanine...she was great.
Once the feds get involved you can expect this:
Rewards for the guilty
Punishment for the innocent
Overall blistering detachment from reality
Absolute arrogance & bullying

They will not let you down regarding your expectations.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times
exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
February 04, 2011|By Nicholas Riccardi, Los Angeles Times

I think I'd accept the opinions of 3 Federal appeals court judges and the original ruling of the US Dististic Court Jury in this case, than that of a TV judge...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or