U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Why are you asking me?

Ask the OP or the state legislators.

I would think there would be theories dealing with who drives and what they drive.
Or we can ask you, right? You were the first to chime in on "the claim".

I don't want it to pass, I want all illegals to move there. Why do you keep first responding to threads and trying to twist it? You really sound pro-illegal. That's ok but why hide it. The topic here is NM Politicians admitting they were wrong and trying to correct it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or we can ask you, right? You were the first to chime in on "the claim".

I don't want it to pass, I want all illegals to move there. Why do you keep first responding to threads and trying to twist it? You really sound pro-illegal. That's ok but why hide it.
NOPE - I tend to be anti-anti...because their positions are so ill though out and implausible.

But I strongly oppose illegal immigration...however I believe we need to fix it rather than let it fester for the next 30 or 40 years as the exxisting scenario plays out.

And i get to them quick because i am sitting here writing html which drives me bonkers so I go off every half hour or so to find a little comic relief...which is often provided by the antis. When I get the tasks done I will be around less often.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
NOPE - I tend to be anti-anti...because their positions are so ill though out and implausible.

But I strongly oppose illegal immigration...however I believe we need to fix it rather than let it fester for the next 30 or 40 years as the exxisting scenario plays out.

And i get to them quick because i am sitting here writing html which drives me bonkers so I go off every half hour or so to find a little comic relief...which is often provided by the antis. When I get the tasks done I will be around less often.
Yeah, it is just hilarious that law abiding Americans want illegals gone from our country and propose viable ways to accomplish that, isn't it?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, it is just hilarious that law abiding Americans want illegals gone from our country and propose viable ways to accomplish that, isn't it?
I have never seen a cogent proposal on this list. Not once.

Lots of wishing...little thought.

That is what makes it amusing.

"Well all you got to do is be a little mean and they will all go home"

Is not a winning strategy..

Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

And of course allowing 12-30 million illegal invaders to remain in our country is a brilliant strategy and a winner for the American people.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:58 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:

What's yours? All we are seeing from you is opinion about how everyone else's is wrong (in your opinion).

From where I sit I see States revving up the "fix it" machine pretty good.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:16 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,025,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I didn't have a DL or insurance I would not drive. If I was dumb enough to I'd drive as little as possible and would be worried the whole time. I'd say I would be driving a lot more attentive if I thought I was going to get pulled over without a DL or insurance.

I guess the key word above is DUMB as in stupid, ignorant, choosing to ignore.
Exactly!

Having no insurance or license usually makes one drive safer. However, I think most people don't care. Hence, the amount of "accidents" on roadways everywhere.
That piece of paper in no way makes the roads safer.

I had my license when I was in my early 20's. I was the most paranoid driver so I gave it up. Haven't been behind the wheel in 30 years.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Why are you asking me?

Ask the OP or the state legislators.

I would think there would be theories dealing with who drives and what they drive.
Your synopsis was not meant to be quoted in that post.

The question is open.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:35 PM

10,395 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Why on earth should ILLEGALS get a DL when citizens who have broken the law have theirs suspended all the time??

That is beyond crazy.
Hey come norte me amigo Y amigas, the gringo es loco.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:

Quote:
But I strongly oppose illegal immigration
...however I believe we need to fix it rather than let it fester for the next 30 or 40 years as the exxisting scenario plays out.

Not one of your posts would convince anyone on this thread that your anything other that pro-illegal.

So if you oppose illegal immigration, why are you opposed to everything said against it?
If your not effected by illegal immigration, believe me, you will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or