U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM

35,275 posts, read 32,230,970 times

Advertisements

You want illegals? You got em.

Gov wants NM to join states restricting driver's licenses - Carlsbad Current-Argus

I guess that dismisses the pro-illegal argument how valuable they are eh?

Who's next? Personally I hope all 12-20 million move there and NM becomes the poster child of what not to do handling illegal immigration.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 02-13-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 04:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 33,448,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You want illegals? You got em.

Gov wants NM to join states restricting driver's licenses - Carlsbad Current-Argus

I guess that dismisses the pro-illegal argument how valuable they are eh?

Who's next? Personally I hope all 12-20 million move there and NM becomes the poster child of what not to do handling illegal immigration.
Did you read your cite? The claim is made that it makes it safer to drive in NM.

It also appears the governor's wishes are not going to be met.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Did you read your cite? The claim is made that it makes it safer to drive in NM.

Did you read mine? I hope it doesn't pass. If it's drawing the law breakers from other States, great! Are you sure you are not pro-illegal? Many claim they aren't but they are the first to respond, to challenge or dispute any thread about illegals. Why?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:18 PM

1,865 posts, read 2,117,862 times
Quote:
Gee, ya really think so?

This part in the article actually had me laughing out loud!
Do you honestly believe someone with a license and insurance drives better than someone without? These items in no way make driving safer. They only make people feel safer.

I hope NM stops handing out drivers licenses to illegals. AND I wish Washington would too!

Old 02-13-2011, 04:20 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,812,527 times
Why on earth should ILLEGALS get a DL when citizens who have broken the law have theirs suspended all the time??

That is beyond crazy.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did you read mine? I hope it doesn't pass. If it's drawing the law breakers from other States, great! Are you sure you are not pro-illegal? Many claim they aren't but they are the first to respond, to challenge or dispute any thread about illegals. Why?
Nope...think the driving license thing is stupid. You want everybody to be licensed and insured. Then you block a large population that you know is going to drive anyway.

I am strongly against some of the silliness that you folk on the pro side serve up. You are busily trying to make the problem worse while whining about it. And that does strike me as counter productive.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Gee, ya really think so?

This part in the article actually had me laughing out loud!
Do you honestly believe someone with a license and insurance drives better than someone without? These items in no way make driving safer. They only make people feel safer.

I hope NM stops handing out drivers licenses to illegals. AND I wish Washington would too!
If I didn't have a DL or insurance I would not drive. If I was dumb enough to I'd drive as little as possible and would be worried the whole time. I'd say I would be driving a lot more attentive if I thought I was going to get pulled over without a DL or insurance.

I guess the key word above is DUMB as in stupid, ignorant, choosing to ignore.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,754,181 times
Quote:

Quote:
The reason that most undocumented immigrants work, pay taxes and are on the roads anyway. Granting them driver's licenses, proponents say,
Quote:
increases the number of motorists with auto insurance, making streets safer.
How does Auto Insurance improve a persons driving skill or
lessen the amount of traffic accidents, making the streets safer?.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 PM

6,611 posts, read 11,310,374 times
The only people it makes safer for are the illegals

Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
How does Auto Insurance improve a persons driving skill or
lessen the amount of traffic accidents, making the streets safer?.
Why are you asking me?

Ask the OP or the state legislators.

I would think there would be theories dealing with who drives and what they drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or