U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,103,911 times

Advertisements

I agree Multiculturalism is nothing more than an invasion of other countries.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I agree Multiculturalism is nothing more than an invasion of other countries.
I have no problem with our country being multi-racial but multi-culturism is not a desirable thing for any country. A society needs to be united by a defining culture and language to remain cohesive. I am in no way implying that other cultures and languages shouldn't be practiced in one's home, however.

The problem is that for decades now we have had immigrants coming here both legally and illegally that for the most part don't want to assimilate to us. There is more and more colonizing going on rather than assimilation. It spells bad news for our country as a cohesive society as their numbers increase.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have no problem with our country being multi-racial but multi-culturism is not a desirable thing for any country. A society needs to be united by a defining culture and language to remain cohesive. I am in no way implying that other cultures and languages shouldn't be practiced in one's home, however.

The problem is that for decades now we have had immigrants coming here both legally and illegally that for the most part don't want to assimilate to us. There is more and more colonizing going on rather than assimilation. It spells bad news for our country as a cohesive society as their numbers increase.
I think the problem is, is when there is too many, an overwhelming amount that have no desire to be American other than to use the country's benefits.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I think the problem is, is when there is too many, an overwhelming amount that have no desire to be American other than to use the country's benefits.
We need to cut back on our legal immigration numbers IMO and make sure that the ones we do allow in are not favoring a particular group. As for illegal immigration this shouldn't be happening at all.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM

10,963 posts, read 7,762,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
If Mexico, Africa and Middle East are so good: then STAY there.
Not necessarily bad advice since some of the fastest growing economies in the world are in Sub-Sahara Africa, and the Middle East is absolutely flush with investment capital.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Not necessarily bad advice since some of the fastest growing economies in the world are in Sub-Sahara Africa, and the Middle East is absolutely flush with investment capital.
Mexico isn’t too bad either.

Quote:
Feb. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Mexico’s gross domestic product expanded last year at the fastest pace in a decade as Latin America’s second-biggest economy recovered from a 2009 recession provoked by the global financial crisis.

GDP, the broadest measure of a country’s output of goods and services, grew 5.5 percent last year, the most since 2000, the national statistics agency said on its website.
Mexico Economy Expanded 5.5% in 2010, Most in 10 Years - Businessweek

Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Mexico's unemployment is a lot lower than ours

Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We need to cut back on our legal immigration numbers IMO and make sure that the ones we do allow in are not favoring a particular group. As for illegal immigration this shouldn't be happening at all.
I agree its no limit on who can come. We immigrate more people than any country in the world. Many countries are learning that mass immigration from other countries is dividing them. There is no assimilation into the way of life of the host country.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I agree its no limit on who can come. We immigrate more people than any country in the world. Many countries are learning that mass immigration from other countries is dividing them. There is no assimilation into the way of life of the host country.
Not to mention that if we are to remain a diverse country without drastically changing our identifying culture and language then our legal immigrant quotas should be equal for all and as I said we shouldn't be giving large quotas to a particular group especially if that group has the highest numbers of illegal immigrants in our country also.

Our natural resources, ariable land space is not unlimited either. Also we need to be able to make sure that Americans have jobs first and that the immigrants we allow in have jobs also. It takes a lot of social infrastructure to sustain a given population. Jobs, healthcare, education, etc. I get so angered at the tunnel vision that some have for this country in regards to immigration. It's as though they think we are the only country that should have to accept unlimited immigration both legal and illegal.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
More rants by insecure White Americans that are increasingly fearful that the "Their version of America" is no more.

And you know what your are absolutely right.

Maybe if you had openly accepted other people in the past 230 years instead of excluding, segregating and discriminationg against them other people people would feel more a sense of belonging.

Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm trying to make sense out of this new slogan from likes of the OPer: "White Culture"

Their threads have all the feel of it.
One of the basics for writing is understanding who you are writing too. It's more diverse than either of you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration