Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
When you are speaking Spanish!
I say before that

Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,196,312 times
In the big picture, each subsequent generation is dependent upon the forefathers. When a land is inhabited by people unwilling to protect it for its own progeny, the progeny of others will take it from them.

In BioWar, the prolific breeders win.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Just looking at my geneology: I have fairly recent ancestors (within the last 150 years) from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, France, Holland, Spain and Italy. Which one should I choose to to be proud of? Where is my cultural heritage?

Look and most all Americans and you will see something similar in their geneology too. Our heritage is that we ARE the world. There are no lines drawn in the sand and we are not Europe. We are NOT homogenized and that is our strength. You are asking for Americans to go to sleep, not wake up.
Sounds like a personal problem

Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sounds like a personal problem
No, because most likely you have the same "problem".

Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by BentBow
And the race card gets pulled out by our faithful racists.

Clue: It is not about race, it is about a nation.
Nah...it's about race...believe me.

For you, it always is. Why change now?
That's Racist!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:52 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,210,537 times
Looks like the Pep Rallies have started again!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I wish the press would say it the same way.

Seems like the U.S is not the only dealing with this problem

Couldn't agree more

One word. Outrageous

When will America wake up?
The entire article is based on a series of false premises. It starts off talking about the great wall of China. Well as of now there are over 50 different ethnic groups in China.

List of ethnic groups in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An argrument can be made the Chinese are probably more unified than at anytime in their 5,000 year history.

The second flaw is no account is taken for the European invasions of North America, South America, Africa, Asia. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people of European descent are screaming Bloody Murder. I didn't see Europeans asking for immigration visas or citizenships when they invaded in plundered around the world for hundreds of years.

The third issue is that American White culture gets shoved down everybody's throat. Why? Because of as of now White Americans constitute a majority. The question is if and when White Americans are no longer the majority why should their culture continue the be shoved down everybody's throat? There is nothing wrong with other cultures co-existing in this country. That is unless you have fear that your culture won't reign supreme. The ulitmate irony here is that European Americans have spent most of the history of this nation excluding, dsicrminationing and segregating people of other cultures and at the beginning of this countries history THAT EVEN INCLUDED OTHER EUROPEANS.

The entire premise of the article is of "Fear Of The Other".

There is no reason that European American culture should not continue to exist in this country. By the same token other cultures should be given their due respect and allowed to exist as those people that practice their respective cultures see fit.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Are you claiming that monolithic societies do not have conflicts within? Heck, conflicts are a common place within a family, and things don't get more monolithic than that.

The irony is here is that countries around world the that are highly monlithic are facing population growth issues that will severely impact there populations in the next 50 to 75 years.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:15 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The irony is here is that countries around world the that are highly monlithic are facing population growth issues that will severely impact there populations in the next 50 to 75 years.
Flat birth rates are a characteristic of post-industrial societies. High birth rates are characteristic of pre-industrial or developing nations. It is a natural and predictable pattern. First generation immigrants typically have higher birth rates, eventually the rate levels off as their education and income level rises.

The real challenge will come when all nations on this planet reach the post-industrial status and global population as a whole either stagnates or declines.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 PM

514 posts, read 764,900 times
Lightbulb correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Are you trippin'?

Germanic people have existed for centuries, long before the nation we today know as Germany existed. German is the #1 heritage of white Americans today, closely followed by Irish and Brits.
I didn't say they weren't. I am one. But you said present-day Germany and I offered you a correction. You didn't say Germanic people, you said present-day Germany. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.