U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Call it whatever you want, does it make it right? I don’t justify that 2 americans were killed in Mexican soil, it’s wrong. But crying over 2 while the USA kills illegal immigrants left and right it’s a bit hypocritical.

I am sure the guys who killed only those 2 Americans had many reasons to do so as well.

It’s like USA going to the Middle East to find weapons of mass destruction with the goal of having world peace while the USA are the ones who create this weapons and sell them to their very own enemy.
Then the illegals need to stay OUT of the USA. Im a Hispanc American. That means nothin if Im in Mexico illegally. If the Federales catch me.

I stay OUT of Mexico to save my own skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM

6,250 posts, read 5,834,118 times
[quote=chicagonut;17915896]
Quote:
And don't put words in my mouth I never said that many are killed that jump the fence either.
Actually, it seemed you didn't even think americans would dare themselves kill someone who jumped the fence and even challenged me to prove with a link. I don't blame you for not knowing. It's not like the american press will talk about those things.

Quote:
The Border Patrol has the right to use violent force if they are being threatened by an illegal alien such as those who throw rocks at them
Of course they have their right, I would even encourage it if it puts their life in danger, same thing for police. But how about all the other incidents where there were no danger at all and americans still killed illegal immigrants?

Quote:
Just what is your trip in here? Seems like your mission is to demonize this country for one thing or another while throwing in an occasional compliment
Nope, just saying how one say "Look at the small stain on your shirt" while their whole shirt is stained.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
small stain????????????? small??????????? You apparently have absolutely no conception of the number of deaths in this country caused by illegal aliens. It's pretty obvious that you will keep up the rhetoric that suits your agenda without any relevance to actual facts.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
[quote=onihC;17925477]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Actually, it seemed you didn't even think americans would dare themselves kill someone who jumped the fence and even challenged me to prove with a link. I don't blame you for not knowing. It's not like the american press will talk about those things.

Of course they have their right, I would even encourage it if it puts their life in danger, same thing for police. But how about all the other incidents where there were no danger at all and americans still killed illegal immigrants?

Nope, just saying how one say "Look at the small stain on your shirt" while their whole shirt is stained.
I also asked you to prove that ALL borders jumpers are killed as that it what your claim was. I do know that the Border Patrol have had to kill "some" illegal aliens at the border who were throwing rocks at them.

You also tried to claim that illegal aliens were being used as target practice. There may have been some incidents at the border but I wouldn't call them "target practice". When you take the number of illegal aliens that have entered our country vs how many have been shot by either the Border Patrol or any citizens that number is quite small.

When you have millions of illegal aliens that have violated our borders, what do you expect? Sh*t happens.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:02 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Not just one link, but many. Children, elders, men, women, etc. killed by the border patrol and citizens. Illegal aliens can do bad things, sure, but US customs are no angels. Here you go:

Incidents of Border Patrol use of force
According to Rodolfo Acuña, Professor Emeritus of Chicano Studies at California State University, "Mexico's Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported 117 cases of human rights abuses by US officials against migrants from 1988 to 1990, including fourteen deaths. During the 1980s, Border Patrol agents shot dozens of people, killing eleven and permanently disabling ten."

In May 2000, an illegal immigrant was shot in the shoulder by a border patrolman near Brownsville, Texas, and died later from the wounds.

On May 28, 1994, Martín García Martínez was shot by a Border Patrol agent at the San Ysidro port of entry. He died on July 3 as a result of his injuries.

On May 2010, a recently deported Mexican migrant died after a Customs and Border Protection officer shocked him with a stun gun at the San Ysidro border crossing.

On June 2010 , a 15-year-old Mexican citizen was shot to death on the Mexican side of the border near El Paso, Texas. The U.S Border Patrol reported that the officers responded to a group of suspected illegal immigrants who where throwing rocks at them.

Vigilante killings
According to Time Magazine, in the first half of 2000, three immigrants have been killed and seven others have been wounded in showdowns on the U.S. side of the border. In 2000, the United Nations opened an investigation into vigilante killings of migrants crossing Mexico's border with the USA, dispatching a senior UN investigator to the border country close to where Sam Blackwood, a 74-year-old rancher, was charged with killing Eusebio de Haro, an unarmed Mexican he tried to subdue for the border patrol and fatally shot in the back of the thigh after pursuing him a quarter mile down the road in his truck.

Intentional killings
On February 8, 2007, four gunmen of unknown nationality opened fire on a truck carrying illegal immigrants in the Ironwood Forest National Monument, killing two men and a 15-year-old girl. The incident was covered on the front page of every major newspaper in Mexico City.

International consequences
The deaths have caused tension between the United States and other countries, particularly Mexico and the countries of Central America, from where a majority of illegal immigrants that enter the United States through the Southwestern borders come. Foreign consulates across the Southwest United States, in particular those of Latin American countries, have condemned the deaths of illegal immigrants across the border.

Migrant deaths along the Mexico
It means STAY OUT, of our country if you can not abide by our laws. Stop doing criminal acts. All these people were CRIMINALS and TRESPASSERS. If they had not been ILLEGAL ALIENS, they would have been fine.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:17 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,028,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
small stain????????????? small??????????? You apparently have absolutely no conception of the number of deaths in this country caused by illegal aliens. It's pretty obvious that you will keep up the rhetoric that suits your agenda without any relevance to actual facts.
Such an accusatory, but incredibly vague statement. Do you know what that number is and where one might find those "actual facts"?

No partisanship, no rhetoric, no excessive use of the bold feature, question marks or exclamation points. Just "actual facts".

Old 02-18-2011, 12:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Such an accusatory, but incredibly vague statement. Do you know what that number is and where one might find those "actual facts"?

No partisanship, no rhetoric, no excessive use of the bold feature, question marks or exclamation points. Just "actual facts".

Quote:
Though the U.S. government does not keep statistics on the number of crimes committed by illegal aliens, it has become painfully apparent that thousands of Americans are raped, robbed and murdered every year by those who come here illegally.
Video report: Crime victims of illegal aliens - National Immigration reform | Examiner.com

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial, Memorial, illegal alien, victim, murdered, killed, David March, Daniel Golden, Ruben Morfin, Scott Gardner, Kris Eggle, Marc Atkinson, OJJPAC, ohio jobs and justice, Steve Salvi, Salvi, ojjpac.org, shaw, killed by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FvScBRdcQ

All could have been prevented, had our laws been enforced and our borders secured. May they rest in peace.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post

and ditto to you

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that you will keep up the rhetoric that suits your agenda without any relevance to actual facts.
Your constant "snarky" comments to my posts have become tiresome, as has your biased rhetoric.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,028,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and ditto to you Your constant "snarky" comments to my posts have become tiresome, as has your biased rhetoric.
I asked you where you got the information...and your answer is "ditto to you"

When you cite such absolutism I have every right to ask you where you got your information from. And you have every right to refuse to answer, as you've done consistently.

Rhetoric by its very nature is biased.

Benicar, I knew there were no 'official' stats kept, but this is a start. thank you.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM

6,250 posts, read 5,834,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Then the illegals need to stay OUT of the USA. Im a Hispanc American. That means nothin if Im in Mexico illegally. If the Federales catch me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I stay OUT of Mexico to save my own skin.

I agree! Illegal immigrants should work on their papers and do things the right way. It will work out better for them in the end rather than risking their lives of being shot by an American who had a badge or even those without a badge.

People can post links to crimes illegal immigrants have done. That’s bad, shouldn’t happen. And you can also find many links of illegal immigrants who were killed after they jumped the fence even if they posed no threat to the us custom guy or the rancher out there.

“Oh my gawd they are stealing our jobs” oh suuuure. Can you guys ever see a Caucasian picking strawberries in the fields and getting his hands dirty? Sure, get illegal immigrants out of the country! I SUPPORT THAT! Just don’t complain when prices for your produce double, landscaping, etc. It is the same Americans who hire illegal immigrants because they know how much they can save with labor and even tax them.

As for the world not liking Americans, well, too bad. I am not saying it is right.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or