U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:15 PM

1,421 posts, read 696,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
More correctly you could argue that those who did not die because the illegals displaced the more muderous locals should be thankful.

And I am sure we could start listing the murders by natives. Manson comes immediately to mind. But there are a few thousand others if you really want to go there.
Ill go there. Stay IN Mexico and the illegals WONT get killed in the USA. Just like I stay OUT of Mexcico cause I value my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,370,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
What?

I saw nothing bad with chicagonuts post.
You're right. I have never advocated hatred or violence against anyone contrary to the spin and lies put forth by some in here. I am just ignoring them from now on.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:03 PM

5,227 posts, read 5,035,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Read the article again. It did not happen anywhere near the border.

So what. Are you under the impression that if two Mexican officials were shot here Mexico wouldn't be going berserk regardless of where it happened? That idiot president of theirs holds us responsible for his country's corruption & drug problems.

Personally I'd sever ALL ties with them until they got their head out of their nether regions.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 PM

5,227 posts, read 5,035,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly. Same reason why I acknowledged that illegal immigrants are bad. But to hear the USA crying over 2 guys who got killed across the border while keeping it quiet when they kill all those who jump the fence is a bit hypocritical.
Except that we DONT kill all who jump the fence.

Quote:
Ooooh ok, so now you do accept that many who jump the fence are killed, right? Good. How about the car that had children and some hillbilly drove up to the car and killed everybody in there including the children because they were illegally in the country? Is that practicing your right? that’s just one example of many Americans who “practiced their right to enforce the law”.
Just one of the very very few and I'm certain that American faced charges just like our border patrol often do when they shoot someone. But besides that theres a huge difference between the killing of people legally performing their job & the killing of people illegally entering the country.

Had those people been Americans sneaking into Mexico everyone would be condemning the parents for taking their kids on such a dangerous illegal trip.

Quote:
Nope. I admitted how wrong it is for illegal immigrants to break the law. Heck, I even support the whole Arizona law or whatever it is called! It’s the common American attitude of “You shouldn’t do wrong, but I can” that is known around the world. “You can’t kill only 2 guys who cross the border to Mexico but its fine if we kill way more than just 2…It is fine for us to create weapons of mass destruction and even sell them to you but you can’t have them so give them back to us…” no wonder Americans are not liked around the world. Go to Europe, Central America, South America, Middle East, Asia, etc. And tell them you are American and see how they react compared to someone saying that they are, say, from Japan or Mexico. Is it right for people to be biased against the USA, I don’t think so. Not because a country is known for acting as a bully, international moral police, etc. it means their citizens are all bad but what can we do? The USA also does good things. Oh well.

I agree with much of this paragraph. But the fact is when you are right you are right, even if everything else you do is wrong. We are not perfect & our foriegn policies are often very... um,, stupid, for lack of a better word.

But, in the case of our relations with our backwards southern neighbor we bend over backwards to acomodate them & get zero in return. We should pull all our agents out, secure the border & sever all ties.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,905,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Except that we DONT kill all who jump the fence.
Check out the few links I sent before of typical murders of illegal imigrants who jump the fence. Now, you might say that illegal immigrants do bad things in the USA, sure! I am not saying they don't. It is wrong for illegal immigrants to jump the fence and do bad things as bad as americans who kill them. The point is how americans get a heart attack for one thing ignoring that they do it too.

Quote:
But, in the case of our relations with our backwards southern neighbor we bend over backwards to acomodate them & get zero in return. We should pull all our agents out, secure the border & sever all ties.
I agree. And I oppose to ILLEGAL immigrants getting rewarded for crossing the border. From whatever country it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is the same old pro-illegal propaganda that has been posted in here over and over. I see you have bought into it. For crop pickers there are unlimited H-2A visas to hire LEGAL immigrant workers
But your fellow americans rather get the illegal immigrants and save a buck or two while they live in terrible conditions. So its not just the illegal immigrants but your fellow americans who are to blame.

I wonder if people would be as opposed to all this if the illegal immigrants were of caucasian origin.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,004,871 times
Quote:
Check out the few links I sent before of typical murders of illegal imigrants who jump the fence. Now, you might say that illegal immigrants do bad things in the USA, sure! I am not saying they don't. It is wrong for illegal immigrants to jump the fence and do bad things as bad as americans who kill them. The point is how americans get a heart attack for one thing ignoring that they do it too.

I agree. And I oppose to ILLEGAL immigrants getting rewarded for crossing the border. From whatever country it is.

But your fellow americans rather get the illegal immigrants and save a buck or two while they live in terrible conditions. So its not just the illegal immigrants but your fellow americans who are to blame.

Quote:
I wonder if people would be as opposed to all this if the illegal immigrants were of caucasian origin
Race baiting is a violation of CD's TOS.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 AM
Yac

4,352 posts, read 3,708,184 times
I love it how you all set your little traps and then nitpick to no end. Cute.
Anyway, unless I missed a memo, this forum is for discussion of illegal immigration. This means we don't care what your views on the topic are, we really don't. All we ask is you present them in a logical manner without the unnecessary personal trips (read: You have a different opinion on this, this means you're racist/bigoted/ignorant/stupid/troll/whatever. No, I won't agree to disagree, you are (insert whatever insult you fell like).
Unfortunately, the issues discussed here are so emotionally charged, it is close to impossible to really discuss things rationally, especially with the occasional troll showing his ugly head, threads get derailed quickly. So all I'm left is a request: please calm down and get back on topic, or the thread will be closed and infractions (probably with restriction from posting) will follow.
Yac.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 AM

14,307 posts, read 6,370,746 times
Quote:

I wonder if people would be as opposed to all this if the illegal immigrants were of caucasian origin.
We have all posted in here many times how the farmers are using illegal labor instead of using the visas for legal crop pickers and have chastized them for it. Apparently you must have missed those numerous posts.

Why did you feel the need to throw out the race card in your last sentence? But you are anti-illegal, right?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:59 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,905,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We have all posted in here many times how the farmers are using illegal labor instead of using the visas for legal crop pickers and have chastized them for it. Apparently you must have missed those numerous posts.
Probably missed it. Are people also angry at americans who hire them? or just the illegal immigrants?

Quote:
Why did you feel the need to throw out the race card in your last sentence? But you are anti-illegal, right?
Yes I am. Interesting how no american wants to answer that question. No need to answer, you already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Race baiting is a violation of CD's TOS.
Reactions would be different if the immigrants were of caucasian origin, huh? This topic about illegal immigration IS about race too. Can't ignore that.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,004,871 times
Quote:
Reactions would be different if the immigrants were of caucasian origin, huh? This topic about illegal immigration IS about race too. Can't ignore that.
The only ones that can't ignore it, are the ones that use it as a convenient tool or weapon
to devert the issue when the facts are too obvious to be ignored.
The fact is, illegal immigration has NOTHING, repeat NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with ANYONE illegally entering a country, despite skin color, race,creed, nationality or ethnicty.
Just because the largest majority of illegals come from South of the US border doesn't mean that it's all about them. No matter how hard they try to make it that way.
Only a self-centered racist would see it as a race issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration