U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Speaking of "snarky" comments"......... Don't you just love the hypocricy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 PM

97 posts, read 194,302 times
Oh Yes...there's more...from today.
Quote:
New Utah Idea: Sponsor an Immigrant

Quote:
Rep. John Dougall, R-Highland, gave the first glimpse of his proposed bill titled the “Alien Friends Amendments” that would allow any U.S. citizen who is a resident of Utah to sponsor an undocumented immigrant not already in the state to live and work here.

Dougall said the premise is centered on his belief that “immigration is not a power delegated to Congress as delineated within the U.S. Constitution and, as such, is left to the states and the people.”
The wack-jobs are comin out of the woodwork now.
I hope all these 'bills' get shut down before we (Utah) become the laughing stock of our nation. I use to think "This is the Place", but lately it's looking like it isn't.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:32 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
I hope that "sponsorship" includes taking financial responsibility for them LOL

Old 02-16-2011, 03:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnabout View Post
Oh Yes...there's more...from today.

The wack-jobs are comin out of the woodwork now.
I hope all these 'bills' get shut down before we (Utah) become the laughing stock of our nation. I use to think "This is the Place", but lately it's looking like it isn't.
WTH? I thought immigration was a federal matter only according to the pro-illegal advocates. But in this case I am sure they would have no problem going along with this state proposal, hypocrites that they are. I am surprised that a Republican would offer up such a bill.

"Dougall said the premise is centered on his belief that “immigration is not a power delegated to Congress"

It is HIS belief? As a congressman shouldn't he already know what powers congress has and doesn't have?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Speaking of "snarky" comments"......... Don't you just love the hypocricy?
Proof positive. [Note the one-liner and smiley; I'm trying to "relate"]. If you have something to say, can you not say it in a complete sentence - on a public forum? That's a rhetorical questions, btw.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Some of us CAN make our point in one line, some can't......oh well

(I must have missed the forum "rule" that stated one must post in complete sentences. My bad)

Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
With Utah being a mormon state, they'll do what they can
as long as it doesn't have to do with stopping the flow of illegal immigrants.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-17-2011 at 12:00 AM..

Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Proof positive. [Note the one-liner and smiley; I'm trying to "relate"]. If you have something to say, can you not say it in a complete sentence - on a public forum? That's a rhetorical questions, btw.
Then your not reading all the post(s) or there wouln't be a problem understanding what was said or it's reference.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
No, it does not. You might try reading it again, because you're missing a few key elements which are the basis of the Federal lawsuit. Although, after this post of your's I am sure you haven't read anything on Federal Immigration law, the laws themselves or the Federal lawsuit challenging SB 1070.

I assumed you were interested in a serious discussion but like with most of your fellow-one-liners who post relentlessly with the same vapid and snarky comments, I expected too much.
Wow! Talk about snarky! Obviously you think very highly of yourself. I would venture to say most of us think very highly of the poster you're replying to, who makes some very good points about illegal immigration.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. As long as federal law prohibits the employment of illegal aliens, any state law to grant employment eligibility is a violation of the law. Yet, to my knowledge, Eric Holder and the DOJ have not filed a lawsuit against Utah. I wonder why.

I was wondering the same exact thing as you. Too my knowledge i might be wrong, why hasn't Eric Holder and the DOJ filed a lawsuit aginast Utah, trying to figure this out, any one have the answers. Are they not in violation of the law, is there some kind of special privleges for Utah or what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration