U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:38 AM

3,871 posts, read 3,187,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnabout View Post
We gave them drivers licenses a few years ago..now this bill would give them a 'right to work card'

Robles seeks GOP backing for immigration bill | The Salt Lake Tribune

This bill comes right on the heels of a recent bill that has passed committee, now in the 'House' for debate, that would give LE officers the right to check legal status of suspected illegals.
Utah has a problem that some don't want to fix. Sen. Luz Robles is afraid to face the fact that they are criminally here and should be dealt with under the current US Immigration Laws. Just Enforce it!
Guess I am just like most American citizens in every State of The Union, getting fed-up with it more and more every day
To this, I say.... Sii ... (that's English for STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION)
Robles is just another ethnoentric TRAITOR looking for special treatment for her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Yac

5,884 posts, read 6,327,080 times
Everybody please calm down and get back on topic or the thread will be closed.
Yac.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:08 AM

97 posts, read 194,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I was wondering the same exact thing as you. Too my knowledge i might be wrong, why hasn't Eric Holder and the DOJ filed a lawsuit aginast Utah, trying to figure this out, any one have the answers. Are they not in violation of the law, is there some kind of special privleges for Utah or what.
Probably because it is still a proposed bill, not yet in the house or senate for debate. Which, I hope it never does, because it's more stalling and sidetracking to slow down more important immigration bills.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,064,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Wow! Talk about snarky! Obviously you think very highly of yourself. I would venture to say most of us think very highly of the poster you're replying to, who makes some very good points about illegal immigration.
It's got nothing to do with how one feels about oneself. I'm just honestly interested in people explaining their position without screaming. At least I'm able and willing to learn.

Very good points are not made by excessive use of bold, exclamation points or using the internet equivalent of screaming and then having other like-minded posters jumping on board giving them an "attaboy" while ignoring the topic or the question. How is that making "good points?"

mkfarnam - When I respond to a thread in this forum, I read every post (and links) if they are written without responses like "traitors, liars, oh the hypocrisy of it all and...!!!!!!!" Especially when that stuff is repeated for the majority of the thread.

It's ironic that the question of why the Feds haven't sued Utah is addressed, yet the confusion of 'why not' is repeated thereafter in more than one post. It looks like not reading or not understanding one-liners and references made is fairly common on everyone's part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration