U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you like this proposal?
I love it! 11 34.38%
I think it goes in the right direction, but it's too extreme. 12 37.50%
I dislike it. 1 3.13%
I hate it! 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:38 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
seeing how the goverment already does things inside the USA that are already illegal, unconstitutional, immoral, unethical, undoable, impractical and wrong, how would this be any different.

if criminal aliens dont like it, they do have the choice of leaving.
Strangely enough, that never seems to be the option they or their advocates think is a 'solution'. They'd rather stay here illegally and whine and b***h about how badly done by they are by enforcement of our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,895,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I wanted to vote but I did not see an option for the proposal being to wimpy. I would give them 48 hours to leave. I would not make more prisons, I would simply have instantaneous deportation. I would have a shoot-on-sight protocol, but it would be for attempting to cross the border. I would not invade Mexico, only send Mexicans back.
+1 to you....

See my DM

Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
seeing how the goverment already does things inside the USA that are already illegal, unconstitutional, immoral, unethical, undoable, impractical and wrong, how would this be any different.

if criminal aliens dont like it, they do have the choice of leaving.
So why would you be so silly as to expect anything to happen then?

If you really believe that perhaps you ought to consider leaving...this must not be your kind of place.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM

42,321 posts, read 49,965,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You mean aside from being illegal, immoral, unethical, impractical and wrong?
Just like illegal aliens!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:09 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,148,024 times
My comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
(NOTE: These proposals do not in anyway reflect my personal views.)

How do you like this proposal?

1. On January 1, 2013, all undocumented persons will be given 120 days to leave the country. They are to surrender all their possessions and personal effects except for $50 US dollars, the clothes they are wearing, and an amount not to exceed $200 in merchandise. I'd let them take all their belongings.

2. Those remaining after 120 days from the date specified will be asked to show documentation of their legal presence in this country. If they are unable to provide it within 15 days, they will be sent to purpose-built facilities. These facilities will be built to Mexican prison or lower standards but be remotely-monitored. I think they should pay a heavy fine (a very heavy fine...one that would behoove them to get out before time is up) and be deported. Taxpayers would have to pay for these facilities.

2.1. A system of contracted prison labor will be put in place. After each prisoner produces a minimum of $1,000 in profit plus expenses associated with their repatriation (such as air or bus fare) they will be released to their country of origin.

2.2. A shoot-on-sight protocol will be in place for all attempted escapes. Inhumane and unnecessary.

3. It will be illegal for any organization or individual, including churches, to aid illegal immigrants, or those they suspect to be immigrants, by giving them money, food, shelter, or in any other way. Those found in violation of this law will be convicted of aiding and abetting illegal immigration and will be fined a minimum of $10,000 and/or sentenced to a year in prison. Sounds good to me.

4. The penalty for hiring an undocumented worker after January 1, 2013 will be a minimum of $25,000 on the first offense; $100,000 on the second offense; and death on the third offense. Sounds good except the death penalty. Higher fine and jail time on the third offense.

5. If Mexico does not do their part in cooperating with U.S. border authorities, U.S. military action, including invasion, will not be ruled out. Not in favor of military action...

Old 03-06-2011, 01:55 PM

4,126 posts, read 4,337,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
(NOTE: These proposals do not in anyway reflect my personal views.)

How do you like this proposal?

1. On January 1, 2013, all undocumented persons will be given 120 days to leave the country. They are to surrender all their possessions and personal effects except for $50 US dollars, the clothes they are wearing, and an amount not to exceed $200 in merchandise.

2. Those remaining after 120 days from the date specified will be asked to show documentation of their legal presence in this country. If they are unable to provide it within 15 days, they will be sent to purpose-built facilities. These facilities will be built to Mexican prison or lower standards but be remotely-monitored.

2.1. A system of contracted prison labor will be put in place. After each prisoner produces a minimum of $1,000 in profit plus expenses associated with their repatriation (such as air or bus fare) they will be released to their country of origin.

2.2. A shoot-on-sight protocol will be in place for all attempted escapes.

3. It will be illegal for any organization or individual, including churches, to aid illegal immigrants, or those they suspect to be immigrants, by giving them money, food, shelter, or in any other way. Those found in violation of this law will be convicted of aiding and abetting illegal immigration and will be fined a minimum of $10,000 and/or sentenced to a year in prison.

4. The penalty for hiring an undocumented worker after January 1, 2013 will be a minimum of $25,000 on the first offense; $100,000 on the second offense; and death on the third offense.

5. If Mexico does not do their part in cooperating with U.S. border authorities, U.S. military action, including invasion, will not be ruled out.
#1 More like 15 days. That's plenty of time. As far as confiscating their personal belongings and holding. That's just wrong. I want them to leave but I don't want to steal their stuff.

#2 A bit harsh but I can live with it.

#3 I like. Enabling any destructive habit only makes it worse and enablers are just as guilty.

# 4 How about April 1 2011?

#5 I see no need for invasion when we could simply move our military home and quit policing the world so they could police our borders like they are supposed to be doing anyway. Mexico and Mexican citizens are no threat to us if the border is secured. I see no reason to take any military action beyond the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration